2017.06.09 - Brétigny-sur-Orge, France - Download Paris

What?!?!?!?!?

The Hunting Party setlist was nearly perfectly. Just add in Breaking the Habit and play Castle of Glass (Studaio version) and you have basically a perfect setlist.

Am I hipster then? Carnivores setlist was basically perfect. SO so so much more engery than the setlusts now which is what these sets are lacking and decrease the quality in my opinion. They balanced high energy and heavy songs with softer songs perfectly. They could easily do it again.I actually like OML so them playing songs from it doesn't bother me but taking out songs like Given Up and Rebellion have drastically decreased the quality of the set. And just play Crawling normally for crying out loud.

Like Linkin Park could never start a set better than this ever:

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. Points Of Authority

05. One Step Closer

06. Blackout

07. Papercut

08. Rebellion

09. Runaway

10. Wastelands

Ten straight heavy hitting bangers!

Sure, there are some good songs in there, but Given Up takes such a toll on Chester's voice, the Blackout interlude was highly unnecessary, Runaway was literally a verse and chorus. Then you get to the rest of the set. Ballad Medley was so boring, then you had the Robot Boy instrumental and Joe's solo back-to-back which was a dreadful decision, then you get to that encore, which was essentially a huge medley followed by WID and BIO. That super short LITE was such a waste of one of the best live songs this band has, New Divide is not an encore song, Crawling served no purpose there AND sounded bad, and shortening UIG, the most successful single from their latest album, was a terrible choice. BIO with the drum solo and Catalyst sing-a-long didn't have enough to make it a proper closer, either.

This set isn't perfect, and some of my complaints then are still valid now (though it's pretty much just the encore and the inclusion of SIB), but it's a hell of an improvement

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

01. Mashup Intro #2

02. Guilty All The Same

03. Given Up

04. Points Of Authority

05. One Step Closer

06. Blackout

07. Papercut

08. Rebellion

09. Runaway

10. Wastelands

Ten straight heavy hitting bangers!

Problem for me was no one in the crowd knew GATS. Weird way to start a show especially with the muted sound intro into the huge instrumental portion of GATS. Didn't get anyone going, place was a dead standstill. Not enjoyable at all. Blackout is short, Papercut is short, Runaway is short. Not a huge fan of Wastelands. That start to the set didn't do it for me....really disappointing with the short Papercut. Make the songs full and that's much better.

The rest of the set beyond that was pretty bad. New set flows a lot better.

In THP era, this was great to me:

Papercut, Given Up, Rebellion, POA, OSC, ALITS, FTI. Wow, what a start.

Other memorable ones:

2012: APFMH, Given Up, Faint, With You, Runaway, FTI, SIB
2007 (my favorite): Wake, Given Up, NMS, LFY, Don't Stay, SIB, FTI, Papercut, POA

Probably the best beginning in recent years. They had a heavy beginning then followed by a soft/calm part and until the end they had a mix. They should have changed the medley with the new LOATR and it would be even better.

I prefer this setlist, even with the shortened songs, over the setlist right know...

I agree with this. I may be biased because I saw this opening live in person but it truely was an amazing start to the show. When it comes to Linkin Park, I think every show should start with energy and end with energy in the encore. This is a Linkin Park setlist I made on my own and outside of the length of the setlist and Don't Stay, it's ac tually a very reasonable setlist that I feel does a good job mixing high energy songs with softer songs as well as starts with energy and ends with engery. https://open.spotify.com/user/123591090/playlist/3jYLnmfJg3Pi6VlKWYJD0G

Remember the piano version of Pushing Me Away is awesome and when it was new everyone liked it and now they do the same with Crawling and I'm fine with this version much better than the short shit in 2014 or 2015!

I just feel like doing the actual version of Crawling will give the set more energy which this current setlist definitely needs.

Sure, there are some good songs in there, but Given Up takes such a toll on Chester's voice, the Blackout interlude was highly unnecessary, Runaway was literally a verse and chorus. Then you get to the rest of the set. Ballad Medley was so boring, then you had the Robot Boy instrumental and Joe's solo back-to-back which was a dreadful decision, then you get to that encore, which was essentially a huge medley followed by WID and BIO. That super short LITE was such a waste of one of the best live songs this band has, New Divide is not an encore song, Crawling served no purpose there AND sounded bad, and shortening UIG, the most successful single from their latest album, was a terrible choice. BIO with the drum solo and Catalyst sing-a-long didn't have enough to make it a proper closer, either.

This set isn't perfect, and some of my complaints then are still valid now (though it's pretty much just the encore and the inclusion of SIB), but it's a hell of an improvement

If Given Up takes a toll on Chester's voice, maybe he just shortens the long scream. I don't see why the rest of the songs would take a toll that much. I understand he's getting old but I always felt Given Up was a staple that should always be played. Is this the first time since Given Up came out that it's not performed live in a full headlining setlist? I understand it doesn't flow with the album but they can find ways to mix heavy and soft. They have done it before and they can do it again. I actually really, really enjoy they blackout interlude and runaway. Sure, I'd rather have a Meteora song over Runaway as my biggest complaint is the lack of Meteora in the setlist but I love they fact that they brought back songs like Runaway, Points of Authority,, and even parts of With You because they are songs they don't play very often. I do agree that LITE should be played in full (well they all should, just play for a longer time honestly :D ). And if people complain about SIB eing back in the current etlist, that makes me sad. Easily one of the best songs in the setlist and it deserves to stay. But I can't agree that this setlist is better. I actually enjoy One More Light but this set lacks energy. Most of the time rock shows are better when you can rock. Find away to mix energy with slow songs. Bring back songs like Rebellion, Blackout, Given Up, Wretches and Kings, and Runaway. You still have OML songs and you have energy in the setlist. I think that's why I enjoy Carnivores setlist so much is because even though the songs were shortened it was non-stop energy for 90% of the show. Hell, Living Things is my favorite Linkin Park album which only has 3 songs that are heavy so I'm not a "LP has to be heavy" band but just make the show fun to rock to is all I ask. and don't get me wrong, I don't dislike this current setlist it could just be so much better.

Problem for me was no one in the crowd knew GATS. Weird way to start a show especially with the muted sound intro into the huge instrumental portion of GATS. Didn't get anyone going, place was a dead standstill. Not enjoyable at all. Blackout is short, Papercut is short, Runaway is short. Not a huge fan of Wastelands. That start to the set didn't do it for me....really disappointing with the short Papercut. Make the songs full and that's much better.

The rest of the set beyond that was pretty bad. New set flows a lot better.

In THP era, this was great to me:

Papercut, Given Up, Rebellion, POA, OSC, ALITS, FTI. Wow, what a start.

Other memorable ones:

2012: APFMH, Given Up, Faint, With You, Runaway, FTI, SIB
2007 (my favorite): Wake, Given Up, NMS, LFY, Don't Stay, SIB, FTI, Papercut, POA

I basically stated all my opinions replying to the quote above this one but I just wanted to say that you do have valid points. I know personally at my show people were rocking to GATS and the crowd was non-stop energy. Songs being full length would have been better but I wouldn't drop any of the songs they were playing. I wish Linkin Park could play longer like some large name acts who have been around forever do.

2012 and 2007 had amazing openers as well. I have no complaints about those and would have loved to see them in 2007. Auburn, WA was the first stop of the Project Revolution tour with MCR and I'm sad because I didn't go to concerts back then :(

Not even close. Putting Catalyst in as a "super meh live" song discredits anything else you wrote :P But seriously, in no way is this worse than some of the ATS sets or THP Carnivores sets. They FINALLY changed up the usual order of songs (bring Catalyst, BID, Castle way up to the front, LOATR at the end etc.), and the first part of the set DOES have a ton of energy, it's just not the usual run of "SUPER DISTORTED GUITAR" songs to kick things off.

The so-called "bad" THP set started with "Papercut->GU->Rebellion->POA->OSC-> ALITS-> FTI-> Runaway". This is literally as good as it gets. And compared to that, the current set is super slow. Talking to myself ("energetic") as opener, really? You can do stuff like that at headliner shows, but not at rock festivals, which this tour largely consists of.

Edited by Derbyster

The so-called "bad" THP set started with "Papercut->GU->Rebellion->POA->OSC-> ALITS-> FTI-> Runaway". This is literally as good as it gets. And compared to that, the current set is super slow. Talking to myself ("energetic") as opener, really? You can do stuff like that at headliner shows, but not at rock festivals, which this tour largely consists of.

Which Carnivores date did you go to that had that start? Because the dates I know had Mashup Intro>GATS>GU>POA/WY>OSC>Blackout (interlude)>Papercut (short)>Rebellion>Runaway (short)>Wastelands. And this "slow" set has significantly more energy than the 2014 or 2015 sets where they played rock festivals too, or did you forget about that sweet, sweet run of Ballad Medley, Robot Boy (interlude), Joe Solo Medley, BID? Or how about that even better Ballad Medley, Robot Boy (interlude), Joe Solo, ND, BTH, Fallout/DTB, BID? Just the fact that the set isn't broken up by instrumentals and interludes every 5 songs is enough to improve the flow.

Oh, and I'd somewhat agree TTM isn't the ideal opener for a rock festival like this, but it is certainly plenty energetic.

Which Carnivores date did you go to that had that start? Because the dates I know had Mashup Intro>GATS>GU>POA/WY>OSC>Blackout (interlude)>Papercut (short)>Rebellion>Runaway (short)>Wastelands. And this "slow" set has significantly more energy than the 2014 or 2015 sets where they played rock festivals too, or did you forget about that sweet, sweet run of Ballad Medley, Robot Boy (interlude), Joe Solo Medley, BID? Or how about that even better Ballad Medley, Robot Boy (interlude), Joe Solo, ND, BTH, Fallout/DTB, BID? Just the fact that the set isn't broken up by instrumentals and interludes every 5 songs is enough to improve the flow.

Oh, and I'd somewhat agree TTM isn't the ideal opener for a rock festival like this, but it is certainly plenty energetic.

2015 was part of THP world tour as well. Yes, the middle part I was not that fan of as well, but now it is similarily slow or even more so. Also, if you mention BID then now it is positioned even more strategically in the opening part.

I'm surprised that you guys are defending an all-singles* set

EDIT: I realize you probably meant defending the OML setlist but my point still stands.

Up until One More Light Linkin Park was great at choosing singles. HT, M, MTM, and ATS the singles were often the better songs on the album. COG and LITE are the two best songs from LT in my opinion and they were singles. Rebellion and FM were two of the better songs from THP and they were singles. Even GATS was a perfect single for THP and better than the most of the album.

I fully believe Linkin Park was great at choosing singles until this album. Also the setlist now is all singles except Wastelands and OML songs. There is way to do an all singles set list so it turns out amazing and that's what I feel Carnivores did (even if 4 or so songs weren't singles).

Edited by Bliss

2015 was part of THP world tour as well. Yes, the middle part I was not that fan of as well, but now it is similarily slow or even more so. Also, if you mention BID then now it is positioned even more strategically in the opening part.

Except I specifically quoted the Carnivores set in the post you replied to, which you proceeded to list a different set from a different tour. And it really is not similarly slow, seeing as, after the initial run, you get BS/ND (fair enough that's slow), but then you get Invisible, RTN/WFTE. BTH, OML, Crawling make up the traditional slow section, then you jump right into LOATR, SIB (don't like it, but it's energetic as hell), WID, toss in ITE with more crowd participation to get them hype, ending with Faint. THP sets had 2 or 3 songs with proper energy mixed in with the boring nonsense in the latter half. Them just running through the set with no breaks for audience involvement/interaction certainly didn't help. The encore is a whole other story and I'm not too thrilled with it, but I still prefer it to Carnivores encore.

I'm surprised that you guys are defending an all-singles* set

I explicitly stated the set needs to change soon or it's gonna get old fast and that some variety in song selection is a welcome addition. I'd LOVE to see NMS, BITS, WTCFM, WAK, IMR, Victimized, Rebellion etc. come back. Even with the all-singles set, though, they made it somewhat interesting by at least changing up the order. Like I said earlier, the set isn't perfect, but people are treating it like it's a personal offense to them.

Except I specifically quoted the Carnivores set in the post you replied to, which you proceeded to list a different set from a different tour. And it really is not similarly slow, seeing as, after the initial run, you get BS/ND (fair enough that's slow), but then you get Invisible, RTN/WFTE. BTH, OML, Crawling make up the traditional slow section, then you jump right into LOATR, SIB (don't like it, but it's energetic as hell), WID, toss in ITE with more crowd participation to get them hype, ending with Faint. THP sets had 2 or 3 songs with proper energy mixed in with the boring nonsense in the latter half. Them just running through the set with no breaks for audience involvement/interaction certainly didn't help. The encore is a whole other story and I'm not too thrilled with it, but I still prefer it to Carnivores encore.

Well, I saw the Carnivores set in 2014 too (Berlin) and all of the same arguments can be echoed for that as well. GATS->GU->POA->OSC-BO->Papercut->Rebellion->Runaway was SUPER fun. You can jump along, scream along and really high tempo even when you don't know the songs as a casual fan.

Fact of the matter is that it's murder to play Catalyst, Invisible, New Divide, BS, WFTE, One More Light, Crawling piano version at a metal festival. Half of the set are songs people have never heard of or are mid-tempo ballads with electronic elements attached to it.

Edited by Derbyster

Fact of the matter is that it's murder to play Catalyst, Invisible, New Divide, BS, WFTE, One More Light, Crawling piano version at a metal festival. Half of the set are songs people have never heard of or are mid-tempo ballads with electronic elements attached to it.

It was fine at Maximus, twice.

You are never going more than 2 songs between hearing a song you know, because of how many singles LP has. Mike structured the set that was on purpose. Half the setlist for years has been songs people don't know, lmao, if you're going by "people only know the big ass singles."

They should totally for Hellfest play Requiem > Burning In The Skies, Battle Symphony, Invisible, One More Light, Crawling piano, Burn It Down piano, Shadow Of The Day, Iridescent, etc to start that setlist :P

Well, I saw the Carnivores set in 2014 too (Berlin) and all of the same arguments can be echoed for that as well. GATS->GU->POA->OSC-BO->Papercut->Rebellion->Runaway was SUPER fun. You can jump along, scream along and really high tempo even when you don't know the songs as a casual fan.

Fact of the matter is that it's murder to play Catalyst, Invisible, New Divide, BS, WFTE, One More Light, Crawling piano version at a metal festival. Well over half the set are songs people have never heard of or are mid-tempo ballads with electronic elements attached to it.

I saw Carnivores, I know how I felt walking in and out of that show. Parts of the intro were solid. GATS, OSC, Rebellion, COG Experience. They went off and were awesome. Blackout interlude sucked the life out of the place, Papercut shortened left people disappointed, someone near me actually left after the Runaway interlude because they were pissed. Every show will be different and get a different reaction. Catalyst is a fucking epic song with a HUGE bridge, WFTE is lit especially with the RTN intro, and One More Light is emotional as hell, especially with a crowd of people singing along, lights in the air etc.. THAT should never leave the set IMO. I'm not disagreeing that ND, BS, Crawling (piano) are poor choices (both at a festival or otherwise), and you're completely free to dislike the set, but trying to say it's such a step down when, if anything, they're about equal as far as "slow stuff/mid-tempo ballads" go (still disagree with that, but let's compromise here) is asinine.

when, if anything, they're about equal as far as "slow stuff/mid-tempo ballads" go (still disagree with that, but let's compromise here) is asinine.

I don't see how you can say they are equal of the mid-set dragging. Do you realize how boring the 2014-2015 sets got? I sat down on the lawn or walked around the venue. Ballad Medley, Robot Boy (short), Joe Solo Medley, Burn It Down in a row is as bad as it can get, and then Final Masquerade (one of the worst songs in the catalogue) into the stagnant Mike Solo Medley where he refused to change the verses up. Ouch.

What is the worst part of this current setlist? It certainly isn't WFTE, BTH, OML, Crawling, LOATR. Wow that's a good run there of slower stuff. I guess you could say it's Battle Symphony (which the band continually messes up and should be dropped ASAP for Nobody Can Save Me or Sorry For Now), New Divide, and Invisible. I'll take that over the 2014-2015 dragging all day, because two of those are least brand new songs that I haven't seen live and New Divide is better than Burn It Down.

And I 100% percent agree with that. The mid-set drag in 2014-2015 was worse. MUCH worse. It's a point I've been hammering home for about 5 posts now lol. I genuinely don't see how a 3 song low point is worse than the entire middle section of a set barring one song.

I saw Carnivores, I know how I felt walking in and out of that show. Parts of the intro were solid. GATS, OSC, Rebellion, COG Experience. They went off and were awesome. Blackout interlude sucked the life out of the place, Papercut shortened left people disappointed, someone near me actually left after the Runaway interlude because they were pissed. Every show will be different and get a different reaction. Catalyst is a fucking epic song with a HUGE bridge, WFTE is lit especially with the RTN intro, and One More Light is emotional as hell, especially with a crowd of people singing along, lights in the air etc.. THAT should never leave the set IMO. I'm not disagreeing that ND, BS, Crawling (piano) are poor choices (both at a festival or otherwise), and you're completely free to dislike the set, but trying to say it's such a step down when, if anything, they're about equal as far as "slow stuff/mid-tempo ballads" go (still disagree with that, but let's compromise here) is asinine.

I'm purposefully asinine, because without adjustment, LP will find it hard to land headliner festival spots in the future. And then we're back to 50 min sets with 0 depth to it.

The current set needs some improvements, but nothing is worse than all those cringy shortened versions. I'd only accept that if they actually gave a shit about THP and put like GATS, MTG and ALITS in the same set or something like that(all longer songs that would take more time from the set). But in the way they did it there is no excuse.

Edited by Kilmer

The new current set is lacking energy compared to the THP set.

Compare literally any crowd video of GATS > Given Up to Talking To Myself > Burn It Down and you'll be proven wrong. Literally polar opposite reactions. The band might as well have played an acoustic song instead of GATS with how "WTF" the crowd reacted. Place explodes on TTM.

Compare literally any crowd video of GATS > Given Up to Talking To Myself > Burn It Down and you'll be proven wrong. Literally polar opposite reactions. The band might as well have played an acoustic song instead of GATS with how "WTF" the crowd reacted. Place explodes on TTM.

You're right. Especially on Burn It Down.

Although i'm happy i had to experience GATS live. To me it felt super epic.

This might be off topic, but out of curiousity, if you had to power to tell the band what to play, what would be your setlist?

Yeah I like GATS, I wish they'd open the encore with it. I like ALITS a lot too.

I mean it's no secret I love HT, Meteora, MTM, and ATS the most and I dislike the lack of cohesive flow on LT and THP....not getting into OML, lmao. I'd have a 2007 set with 8 straight heavy songs, a few mellow ones like LOATR, then more of ALITS/GATS, I'd debut Powerless, keep in BITS, play Reading My Eyes, APFMH, etc. TLTGYA.