Linkin Park to play Brixton Academy July 4th

RogueSoul

Linkin Park has just announced that they will play London's intimate Brixton Academy on July 4th. This comes as a surprise as they have always done back-to-back arena shows in London since 2008 and they are playing the O2 Arena the day before on July 3rd.

LP has played Brixton twice before. In 2001, on the US-to-Europe Tour which was planned to be four shows but later extended to five when Linkin Park filled in for Slipknot at Rock im Park, they headlined Brixton Academy to close out the tour. This was a really unique show as Chester debuted his infamous "Morning After" solo song that would end up being released as a bonus track for Dead By Sunrises' Out Of Ashes much later in 2009. As far as we know, it was played just in London at this show and in Berlin on September 12th before it came back in 2005 for the Bucket of Weenies shows. Check out the show notes on that page, they're pretty cool.

The reported setlist for that 2001 show is really unique. A Place For My Head opening, High Voltage, And One, and more in the set... When Download 2014 was announced, we realized that all of Hybrid Theory was played at this show - the only time we know of *ever* until Download 2014. Of course Download is the only time it has been played start-to-finish, but Brixton 2001 seems to be the only time that we've found at least where every song on it was played at one show.

And in 2003, Linkin Park played Brixton Academy on the LPU Tour. This will be their third show at the venue. And this is the first club show at all in the UK since Astoria 2007, although iTunes Festival 2011 was pretty intimate.

LPU gets presale access and tickets go on sale on Tuesday, May 30 at 1PM BST - three hours! If you pre-ordered One More Light, another pre-sale wil be help at 4PM BST. The general sale is Friday, June 2 at 9AM BST.

Who is going?

Whoa... I was waiting for the second London show and this is crazy..... I'm guessing because they didn't feel they could sell out the o2 on a second date, they decided for a smaller venue, very interesting, very excited about this, will try grab some tickets on presale when they go up!

One More Light front to back plus other songs and Live album release.

It will be time considering one more light success and the gap betweeen this and the last real live album, road to revolution

Edited by stich

No i had tickets for Manchester and I'm not sure that gig is happening or not so gonna go to this least I'll get to see them. I probably would do o2 arena gig but haven't got tickets n only crap seated ones left

From what I have been told, Manchester is a go and they don't plan to change anything.

They obviously can play other arenas, sure, like Leeds or whatever, but they wanted to do an intimate show. Remember Berlin 2012? They seem to be all about these smaller shows every cycle. Vegas club show, NYC surprise set, London club show.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call a 5k capacity venue "a intimate" one. It's pretty clear they wanted to play two o2 arenas in a row, but didn't sell well enough so they downsized to a 5k one for the second night.

Intimate for LP for sure when they can play festivals to 50k+ or arenas/amphitheaters on their own to 10-12k+.

I agree with you that it makes no sense to do this if they could have easily done two O2 Arena shows. I'm surprised because they *always* do two O2 Arena shows.

From what I have been told, Manchester is a go and they don't plan to change anything.

They obviously can play other arenas, sure, like Leeds or whatever, but they wanted to do an intimate show. Remember Berlin 2012? They seem to be all about these smaller shows every cycle. Vegas club show, NYC surprise set, London club show.

So what have you heard about Manchester show all I'm being told is arena is closed for the foreseeable future

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call a 5k capacity venue "a intimate" one. It's pretty clear they wanted to play two o2 arenas in a row, but didn't sell well enough so they downsized to a 5k one for the second night.

It's a small show for them they don't want any smaller or be hard for lpu and genral ticket sales for ppl to get tickets here they can do lpu pre sale and genral release. If it was cause they couldn't sell o2 arena for second night they would have downgraded to second arena Wembley arena thats like 11 or 12 thousand they wouldn't have gone for a 5 thousand for a downgrade Edited by HAARP

So what have you heard about Manchester show all I'm being told is arena is closed for the foreseeable future

It's a small show for them they don't want any smaller or be hard for lpu and genral ticket sales for ppl to get tickets here they can do lpu pre sale and genral release. If it was cause they couldn't sell o2 arena for second night they would have downgraded to second arena Wembley arena thats like 11 or 12 thousand they wouldn't have gone for a 5 thousand for a downgrade

The train station connected to the arena reopened today, the arena itself probably won't be far behind. Still subject to change, but as of now the Kings of Leon gig on June 9th is expected to go on as planned.

Does anyone have any information about amount of the "One More Light World Tour Experience" packages that were sold for each of UK concert?

I`m just interested how exclusive these signed guitars will be, or maybe there will be 25+ on each date, lol)

I am super excited about this, bummed to be missing the first night at the 02 arena cause I love the venue, but I have blink-182 on that day.

However, it will be exciting to see LP in this small venue and catching them in Birmingham and Manchester for the bigger shows!

The sales for the 02 arena were odd, the standing sold out super quick, it's just the poor seats that nobody wants left, I'm sure they could of sold well for a second 02 arena date, standing seemed to sell out quicker than previously tbh and the last time they played the 02 arena two nights, the second night wasn't sold out!

But earlier this year I was thinking about how i wanted to see a band at Brixton, what better band for it to be than LP!