New LP Studio Update : In Studio Drums

LPxDC

We've been working on a new song in the past couple of weeks that has been a lot of fun. The backdrop for the song is built on layered, heavy synths and a sharp performance by Mr. Bourdon. We're keeping the drums a little looser on this track, not doing too much studio trickery...it creates a nice interplay between the organic feel of the rhythm track and the more robotic feel of the keyboards. Bass and guitar are next, meanwhile Chester and I are emailing lyric notes back and forth...

*Source*

I thought Rob had to move his drums due to those shelf things at the back rattling?

and it would suck completly if they released a demo of it now, would ruin everything but from that "heavy syth" must be good :).

This is just going to be one of the songs that never really makes the record, I'm betting. Oh well. I wish they would give us LPTV so we could actually see what they are doing instead of just reading about it.

i find it a bit too early for lptv...maybe they'll start it after their concerts this summer

what i am wondering about is why they tell us that they're working on 1 single song and not on several (many) ideas like they did before mt and m2m

Edited by EWQMinesweeper

Robs hair looks terrible. Thats about all I got from that. This will probably be yet another song that never makes it or if it does, is nothing like Mike just described.

I think the one thing I really dislike about LP is the fact that they are so robotic and mechanical in their music making. Chester and him "emailing" lyrics? Cmon? Band meetings every Monday. I know you have to be professional and its a business but there a freaking rock band that meets at least 4-7 times a week if not more. Just always seem they are so perfect and professional sometimes, to me, it leaves out some creativity that they had in the past.

how is meeting 4-7 times a week a bad thing? They keep updated with each other, as they are constantly writing material, they need to share it with eachother. They are professional musicians, so of course the way they act should be professional. They have a lot of pressure on them to perform

Robs hair looks terrible. Thats about all I got from that. This will probably be yet another song that never makes it or if it does, is nothing like Mike just described.

I think the one thing I really dislike about LP is the fact that they are so robotic and mechanical in their music making. Chester and him "emailing" lyrics? Cmon? Band meetings every Monday. I know you have to be professional and its a business but there a freaking rock band that meets at least 4-7 times a week if not more. Just always seem they are so perfect and professional sometimes, to me, it leaves out some creativity that they had in the past.

Keep in mind that Chester is also working on DBS. He also has kids and stuff, same as all the other members in the band, they all have things in their life besides LP. :rolleyes:

i find it a bit too early for lptv...maybe they'll start it after their concerts this summer

what i am wondering about is why they tell us that they're working on 1 single song and not on several (many) ideas like they did before mt and m2m

Mike said he's doing 5-10 demos a week.

Also I think it'd be cool to see LPTV with them covering shit like:

-SURU

-Small clips of new songs

-Studio stuff, like showing us around and general goofing around

-Random shit the band is doing

-Some Dead By Sunrise work

-Mike's art that he's doing

-Other cool stuff

Maybe a 10 min episode every Saturday or something, I mean that'd be really damn cool, lol. That'd give us all kinds of information. Mike is like "Hi guys, this week we've had 1 band meeting...worked on a few demos together...one of them we worked on a lot drum-wise and Rob did a great job *shot to Rob tracking and a small clip*" then like "I've also been still working on my art" etc etc "Chester continues his DBS work" then a 2-3 segment on that. It has potential but it'd never happen.

how is meeting 4-7 times a week a bad thing? They keep updated with each other, as they are constantly writing material, they need to share it with eachother. They are professional musicians, so of course the way they act should be professional. They have a lot of pressure on them to perform

Apparently you misread me. I was saying they meet 4-7 times a week as in why in the world do they need to email stuff back in forth. Ive always had a grudge against there seemingly mechanical ways of doing things since MTM was recorded. They are admittingly different than many bands in the way they record. It just seems odd to be for Mike to always post about emailing Chester or the other guys. Just seems so impersonal when they have been great friends and bandmates for such a good while. Its probably just me and my "impersonalness" with the computer.

Apparently you misread me. I was saying they meet 4-7 times a week as in why in the world do they need to email stuff back in forth. Ive always had a grudge against there seemingly mechanical ways of doing things since MTM was recorded. They are admittingly different than many bands in the way they record. It just seems odd to be for Mike to always post about emailing Chester or the other guys. Just seems so impersonal when they have been great friends and bandmates for such a good while. Its probably just me and my "impersonalness" with the computer.

When you have ideas on anything, in this case a song, you have that idea right on the spot. If it's 4AM, it's almost impossible to get the whole band gathered up to hear your idea, because by the time everyone is in one roof, the idea is gone. That's what email and such is good for. Chester and Mike probably use email so much, just for the fact that Chester probably has a really busy schedule lately.

If it doesn't look good on paper (or email), most likely it won't sound good or make sense. No one is perfect, thats why Mike can fix Chester's lyrical imperfections and vice-versa.

The backdrop for the song is built on layered, heavy synths...

Linkin Park goes Julien-K??? *hahaha* :lol: That's like the first thought that crossed my mind after hearing about this. It sounds good, that's for sure. Let's wait and see what will come out of it - if at all.

Linkin Park goes Julien-K??? *hahaha* :lol: That's like the first thought that crossed my mind after hearing about this. It sounds good, that's for sure. Let's wait and see what will come out of it - if at all.

I hope not.

Julien-K is umm.. bad band.

Julien-K's influence on DBS and now LP? No way, Mike. Save yourself.

If this is some stuff like JUlien-K , I hope that this won't make to album.

Julien K is nothin special.

but, Linkin Park doesn't really jam, so in that way i dislike their method of producing music. But maybe they do idk.

yup, Julien K its just a bunch of noise

the first song that i heard of them was the remix of death to analog

and then i listened the original song and fuck! it sounds like a fucking mess.

yup, Julien K its just a bunch of noise

the first song that i heard of them was the remix of death to analog

and then i listened the original song and fuck! it sounds like a fucking mess.

Finally some people who hate Julien K as much as I do. :lol:

I love Julien-K, not because of Linkin Park but because I wa a fan of Orgy. To say that Julien-K sucks would be not true. They are well established pasts, played on Projekt Rev, sold out shows and have a big following. You may not like them, but they don't suck.

I respect anyone's right to not like music. I don't like a lot of bands. But I don't just call them noise and say they suck. They are musicians doing what they love to do. It's art, and you can't just knock on them just because it's not your style.

And to whomever said that you hope Linkin Park don't sound like Julien K on the next album because you saw heavy synthasizers...wow. Linkin Park have had synthasizers (heavy) since the beginning. I give you, Crawling's intro. Also Numb, In The End (uses synths), Reanimation, With You. Those are all synths. Julien-K guys are LP's friends. And that's cool. They were really good friends with Styles Of Beyond. People said Oh not a hip hop record! And we got minutes to midnight. so come on.

I love Julien-K, not because of Linkin Park but because I wa a fan of Orgy. To say that Julien-K sucks would be not true. They are well established pasts, played on Projekt Rev, sold out shows and have a big following. You may not like them, but they don't suck.

I respect anyone's right to not like music. I don't like a lot of bands. But I don't just call them noise and say they suck. They are musicians doing what they love to do. It's art, and you can't just knock on them just because it's not your style.

And to whomever said that you hope Linkin Park don't sound like Julien K on the next album because you saw heavy synthasizers...wow. Linkin Park have had synthasizers (heavy) since the beginning. I give you, Crawling's intro. Also Numb, In The End (uses synths), Reanimation, With You. Those are all synths. Julien-K guys are LP's friends. And that's cool. They were really good friends with Styles Of Beyond. People said Oh not a hip hop record! And we got minutes to midnight. so come on.

Mike said " HEAVY ROBOTIC SYNTHS " ... What far away from soft in the end melody.