One More Light Debuts at #1 On The Charts

RogueSoul

Awesome. I love OML for the record, but this isin't a massive massive success, because it barely sold more than THP which is considered a commercial failure and considering this is an apparently more accessible record, it just goes to show, LP can do niche just fine.

Although what we should consider is that after all this time, LP can still release an album and it tops the charts. Pretty great staying power, even if they no longer hit mega numbers.

And what is also impressive is they can do it with an album both like THP and OML.

Times have changed. THP was considered a "commercial failure" because streaming wasn't a part of the equation yet. Streaming has a lot of power now (the formula, I believe is physical sales + entire digital albums + the total plays from the 12 most popular track from the album divided by 1000). I don't think debuting at #3 even without the proper pushes from a record label qualifies as a commercial failure, either. THP probably would've had better numbers if this system was introduced then.

THP didn't get to #1...why do you think that is? Do you notice any differences between that record and OML? Get real man, they made a pop record so they could get on top 40 radio and make a bunch of money. It's painfully obvious.

Do you even know why THP didn't go #1?

It went #3 because Linkin Park released the same week as Lana Del Rey and Sam Smith. Both two highly successful artists.

Any other week and THP would have gone #1.

Obviously Linkin Park didn't care enough to push their release date back.

One time Kanye Chesney released against Kanye West and 50 Cent and said "Bring on the challenge." He then proceeded to go #3 when his albums usually go #1. It happens.

Edited by Bliss

THP probably would've had better numbers if this system was introduced then.

I disagree. It's not like the streaming numbers would have only helped LP. Every other artist would have had different numbers so I guess in the end it would come out pretty much the same.

OML is now #32 on US itunes, wow huge downfall

Yes but you have to consider that s pretty normal because people (except for the huge fans) buy single songs more often than albums. Anyway, it s still n. 6 Worldwide on Itunes, and that s pretty solid ;)

The album is doing simply GREAT, #1 in the. top 2000, #1 Rock, #1 Alternative, Heavy peaked #50 in the Hot 100, the band is #1 in the special chart that measures popularity. Worldwide the album debuted in the Top 10 in 20 countries and is still in the first 4 places on ITunes

Debuted #1 in Hungary.

Previous albums:

DEBUT	PEAK	WEEKS	ALBUM
22	4 	27	Hybrid Theory (platinum)
30	14	15	Reanimation
5	2 	33	Meteora (gold)
1	1 	20	Minutes To Midnight (gold)
15	3 	4	A Thousand Suns
1	1 	8	Living Things
20	6 	5	Recharged
1	1 	25	The Hunting Party (platinum)

Yes maybe they were hoping for a massive success you re right, but the contest is really hard now for a 17 years old band. Anyway, i m reall glad that nobody can call this record a flop, i mean 6 days n. 1 in the ww itunes and a top debut in the Hot 100 is not a flop by any means.

Where are they on the iTunes Top 100??