2017.05.13 - São Paulo, Brazil - Maximus Festival

The One More Light South American Tour has quickly reached it's end. After three incredible shows to kick off the One More Light World Tour, it's time to wrap things up on the continent, and what better place to do it than at the Maximus Festival in Sao Paulo, Brazil?

Linkin Park will headline the second weekend of the Maximus Festival taking place in Brazil on May 13, 2017. The band is no stranger to Brazil, and Brazil is evidently no stranger to them (they're finally coming 2 brasil!!11!). The band has only played a handful of shows in Sao Paulo over the years, but they have a healthy history there. The band's first ever South American show took place there in 2004, which also happened to be the last show of the Meteora World Tour. The set was riddled with classic moments: the Gacela Intro to 'Don't Stay,' the epic outro transition between 'Figure.09' and From The Inside,' and even a cover of Nine Inch Nails' 'Wish.' This is one of the highest attended concerts in the band's career, with 60-80,000 estimated attendance. Huge.

There was a very long wait for the next Linkin Park show in Brazil. The band skipped the continent on the huge Minutes To Midnight World Tour but to start the next cycle, they kicked it off in South America for A Thousand Suns. After shows in Argentina and Chile, LP headlined Starts With You Music & Arts Festival in Itu, Brazil, just outside of Sao Paulo. After the failed experiment to close the show with 'What I've Done' (which lasted just three shows total), 'Bleed It Out' returned to the end of the setlist at this performance.

The band didn't return to the city until 2012 on the Living Things World Tour, where they brought tracks like 'In My Remains' and 'Victimized (w/ QWERTY)' to the table. Fans might remember watching that broadcast with us! 27,000+ people were in attendance - a huge crowd.

Watch the band rock the Hybrid Theory classic 'With You' at their 2012 show in Sao Paulo.

While the band has played just two shows in Sao Paulo, they have played in other cities across Brazil, unlike the other South American countries that they have visited. In Argentina, they've only played Buenos Aires, in Chile they've only played Santiago, and in Peru they've only played Lima. But in Brazil, Linkin Park played two nights in Rio de Janeiro in 2012 along with a show in Porto Alegre. A show in Curitiba almost happened but the tour was rerouted due to production issues. Two years later in 2014, they performed in Belo Horizonte and Brasilia for Circuito Banco do Brasil. While more headlining shows were in the talks, they ended up not happening sadly. Overall, this will be Linkin Park's third show in Sao Paulo but ninth in Brazil. It's their first visit to Brazil since the 2014 shows, which were the only South American appearances at all on The Hunting Party World Tour.

Being that it's the last show of the tour, we can't help but wonder if there'll be a surprise or two. So far, every show has had something going on with it. Buenos Aires was obviously a big surprise, considering it was the first show of the world tour, with an epic 'Fallout / Roads Untraveled' intro debuting, as well other rare old tracks like 'The Catalyst' and 'Leave Out All The Rest.' The following show in Santiago saw the debut of the headlining setlist, featuring 'Waiting For The End' (with a new intro featuring 'Remember The Name') and the live debuts of 'Invisible' and 'One More Light.' A new show opener was used, with the 'Fallout' intro going into 'Talking To Myself' instead. No huge changes were made structure-wise in the massive Lima show, but there were a few interesting moments: Mike rapping 'A Place For My Head' over the ending of 'Castle Of Glass' and going straight into 'In The End' after letting the crowd sing the entire first verse before the entire band kicks in during the first chorus.

Some questions will definitely be answered at this show: will 'The Catalyst' be the opening song the festival set? Will Mike try something else over the ending of 'Castle Of Glass?' Will more One More Light songs be added into the mix? Who knows. Let us know what you think. Since Buenos Aires was a 90 minute set, Brazil might be the same and we might be seeing another abbreviated setlist without Invisible or One More Light. But since Invisible is the brand new single, maybe they drop something else for it.

Watch the band perform their new song 'Invisible' for the first time to a public crowd in Santiago.

Who's going to the show? Brazil always brings some crazy crowds to the show, so it's bound to be one for the record books. Follow us on Twitter and like our Facebook page for updates on the show, and check back here for more. After this show, the band has a few west coast promo shows to play before heading to Europe in June and July. In other news, One More Light is only a week away! Minutes To Midnight turns ten this weekend, so get ready to celebrate it with us. Don't miss out these new Cookies songs Mike and Chester did for their appearance on Good Mythical Morning - good stuff.

1. Fallout (w/ Roads Untravaled)

2. The Catalyst (Shortened)

3. Wastelands

4. Talking To Myself

5. Burn It Down

6. One Step Closer (2017 Intro; Ext. Outro)

7. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; 2017 Ending w/ APFMH Verse 1)

8. Good Goodbye (Live Version)

9. Lost In The Echo (Shortened)

10. Battle Symphony (Fucked up intro streak: 4 shows)

11. New Divide

12. Breaking The Habit (Acapella Outro)

13. Crawling (Piano Version)

14. Leave Out All The Rest (2017 Version) (this is getting bolded every night bc it's so damn good)

15. Somewhere I Belong

16. What I've Done (2017 Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)

17. In The End

18. Faint (Ext. Outro)

19. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro + Outro)

20. Heavy (w/ moshpits to fuck with people)

21. Papercut

22. Bleed It Out

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COME TO BRAZIL

COME FASTER, MORE FASTER, EVERY YEAR, EVERY MONTH AND EVERY WEEK.

Seriously though, I don't really get why some Brazilian fans are very loud about them coming to their country, they go pretty much on evey tour cicle.

Just to add:
This concert will be fourth in the state of São Paulo and the third in the city of São Paulo. LP played in the small city of Itu in 2010 and I think you forgot to mentioned this concert when you were talking about the past shows in Brazil. :D
One of the highlights for the concert that I will attend is read the previous post for it on LPLive. It's such an amazing job!
For the people who are asking about broadcast or webcast, there's a Brazilian channel called Multishow that always broadcast the biggest concerts in Brazil like they did in 2010, 2012 and 2014. Until now we don't know if they will do the same tomorrow. Maybe some webcast like in Buenos Aires? It's the same festival, c'mon...

COME FASTER, MORE FASTER, EVERY YEAR, EVERY MONTH AND EVERY WEEK.

Seriously though, I don't really get why some Brazilian fans are very loud about them coming to their country, they go pretty much on evey tour cicle.

It wasn't awlays like that. Before the A Thousand Suns Tour, the played in Brazil just one time at the Meteora World Tour and just in one city. Brazil is such a huge country and the fans waited for it too much. In the last decade, Brazil became a better place to do business and that's why the band started to come back every cycle.
It is a culture that started in 2007~2008. Now I think it's a joke and the people who are always saying that are kids.

É amanhã um grande e épico acontecimento para o Brasil, e para fãs Brasileiros que assistiram o Linkin Park e também fechando a turnê pela America do Sul e com certeza será um show inesquecível e sensacional, eu infelizmente não irei a esse show porque estou desempregado e sem dinheiro para comprar ingresso e gastar com viagem para o estado de São Paulo, pois moro na cidade de Belo Horizonte / Minas Gerais justamente a cidade que aconteceu o show épico e inesquecível para mim em 2014 que pude ir ao meu 1º show de rock e único show do Linkin Park que fui, queria muito ir nesse e estou mega chateado de não poder ir e sem saber se algum canal brasileiro irá transmitir e nem se alguém fará uma transmissão de qualidade do show porque as que tentei ver do chile, argentina, e peru travavam muito devido a muitos usuários ao mesmo tempo, mas é torcer para que passem em algum canal aqui do Brasil e que seja e creio que será um show sensacional e inesquecível e com certeza quem estiver em Interlagos / São Paulo vai amar o show assim como os Hermanos, Peruanos e Chilenos amaram a performance da melhor banda do mundo pelo menos na minha humilde opinião.

It's tomorrow a great and epic event for Brazil, and for Brazilian fans who watched Linkin Park and also closing the tour through South America and for sure will be an unforgettable and sensational show, I unfortunately will not go to this show because I'm unemployed and No money to buy ticket and spend with travel to the state of Sao Paulo, because I live in the city of Belo Horizonte / Minas Gerais precisely the city that happened the epic and unforgettable show for me in 2014 that I was able to go to my 1st rock show and Linkin Park's only show that I went to, I really wanted to go there and I'm really annoyed that I can not go and I do not know if any Brazilian channel will broadcast, nor if anyone will do a quality broadcast of the show because the ones I tried to watch from Chile, And peru were very hard because of many users at the same time, but it is to hope that they pass on some channel here in Brazil and that is and I believe it will be a sensational and unforgettable show and with certainty Whoever is in Interlagos / São Paulo will love the show just as the Hermanos, Peruanos and Chileans loved the performance of the best band in the world at least in my humble opinion.

Edited by sergiolp

Gonna tell you guys... I didn't listened ANY of OML songs cause I've promised myself that I would wait until the full album or the show, but the album have not leaked until now, so...

I think it will be a great experience to first listen the songs live!

Here we go, Maximus!!

I've never understood why people wait till album release? Ignoring radio singles, or album leaks. Official release date is only a number, many record stores or stream services releasing albums before official.

Soldier, its not about the official release date, I really like to have the full experience of listening the whole album at once.

I agree, I prefer to listen to the CD all at once, than to listen to separate music, I agree with you friend.

Concordo, prefiro ouvir o CD todo de uma vez, do que ouvir musica separadas, concordo com você amigo.

I've never understood why people wait till album release? Ignoring radio singles, or album leaks. Official release date is only a number, many record stores or stream services releasing albums before official.

Because some people inexplicably live in a world where music magically gets better the longer they wait to hear it, but is also never as good from the second listen onwards. I pity those people.

Soldier, its not about the official release date, I really like to have the full experience of listening the whole album at once.

What would you do, if you hear Heavy in public, in bar e.g.? Run away? It's just ridiculous imo

Because some people inexplicably live in a world where music magically gets better the longer they wait to hear it, but is also never as good from the second listen onwards. I pity those people.

Yeah, quantum physics and waiting for official release and listening at once, things I will never understand.

Well, I haven't listened to One More Light yet because I prefer to listen to it in the studio version rather than a live version recorded with a phone in the middle of the crowd. That's my explanation.

Really? All I see is a big picture saying Maximus Festival 2017

Yeah really...maybe trying switching off any adblockers...or use a VPN to a server in Brazil. Here is flowing good, but so far no confirmations about LP being broadcasted. There are two stages...so far they are broadcasting the "side" stage. But they said that all the concerts will be there in the live streaming.

Yeah really...maybe trying switching off any adblockers...or use a VPN to a server in Brazil. Here is flowing good, but so far no confirmations about LP being broadcasted. There are two stages...so far they are broadcasting the "side" stage. But they said that all the concerts will be there in the live streaming.

Looks like it's not available in my country, cause I used a VPN (even though it wasn't Brazil) and it works perfectly.

Looks like it's not available in my country, cause I used a VPN (even though it wasn't Brazil) and it works perfectly.

nice! yeah, maybe some countries are blocked. Let's hope someone record it...its a good quality streaming so far