2017.05.13 - São Paulo, Brazil - Maximus Festival

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LP should be on in around 35 minutes (whenever the hour rolls around).

What do you guys think will happen? Sharp Edges being performed? TTM replacing Catalyst as the opener in the festival set too?

This was my first Linkin Park show in Brazil and definitely the best I've been to. Not that I've been to a lot of Linkin Park shows, but anyway...

The Catalyst might not have as much energy as, let's say, Papercut, One Step Closer or Faint, but the crowd really seemed to enjoy it as an opener. Wastelands coming right after might seem a little weird but the place exploded when the song started. I heard complaints about the setlist having only one song from The Hunting Party.

There were a lot of fans who knew Linkin Park's studio work really well but clearly didn't follow their live shows as they got confused with some of the changes they did to some songs. I also felt like I was the only one singing Talking To Myself.

I really like how they add heavier guitars to the live versions of One More Light songs. Looks like Battle Symphony is the new Numb / Burn It Down as they mess up the intro every show. :P

I've heard people complain about Roads Untraveled and Lost In The Echo not being performed in full and about "the crap they did with Castle Of Glass and Crawling." I admit I've never been a fan of Castle Of Glass Experience and would like to hear the album version again but the Experience version really gets the crowd going, which is something the album version wouldn't be able to acomplish. Everybody was jumping during the electronic break after the first chorus. The A Place For My Head verse was a great touch too. People loved it.

When I heard the new intro of Leave Out All The Rest in the Argentina webcast I wasn't too big on it as some people here. I though it sounded a bit sloppy. Maybe that was due the quality of the webcast because it sounds absolutely stunning live.

I know I've already said it in the Argentina thread but I really love the pause after the In The End intro. People get really excited rapping the first verse. Then comes all the intruments for the first chorus. Epic.

I've heard a lot of people left as soon as Heavy started in Argentina. Mike's idea of doing mosh pits during the song was really fun. Probably the most fun I've had in a concert. It was so random. Papercut coming right after made it even better because that was when people in the pit really went nuts.

There's always a lot of people here complaining about Bleed It Out closing the set, but I think it's a really fun way to end the night. People jumping during the chorus and singing on the bridge. Just great.

It wasn't awlays like that. Before the A Thousand Suns Tour, the played in Brazil just one time at the Meteora World Tour and just in one city. Brazil is such a huge country and the fans waited for it too much. In the last decade, Brazil became a better place to do business and that's why the band started to come back every cycle.
It is a culture that started in 2007~2008. Now I think it's a joke and the people who are always saying that are kids.

Not every fan knows that and it's obvious their reaction towards many brazilian fans always demanding a show on every single pic the band shares on social media.

Yes, they're as loud as maybe Russians or Indians (wich sadly they never got any show there yet, wonder why) and it's one of the reasons I feel ashamed of being from where I live (Spain). In all history we've got 6 shows in total, 2001, wich included 3 concerts when they were touring with Deftones, 2008, 2010 and the upcoming Download Madrid festival one.

Not every fan knows that and it's obvious their reaction towards many brazilian fans always demanding a show on every single pic the band shares on social media.

Yes, they're as loud as maybe Russians or Indians (wich sadly they never got any show there yet, wonder why) and it's one of the reasons I feel ashamed of being from where I live (Spain). In all history we've got 6 shows in total, 2001, wich included 3 concerts when they were touring with Deftones, 2008, 2010 and the upcoming Download Madrid festival one.

Madrid 2003?

Yeah, you're right. I hate when I see someone asking "come back 2 Brazil".
If Brazil was in Europe probably we could get more concerts. In this decade, the band came to South America because of Brazil and took the oportunity to visit other contries. I'm not saying that we are better fans than others in the continet, but we are paying the bill (even we having problems with our economy right now)
About Russia, I don't know... Maybe the reason they don't play there very often is because it's a countrie so hard to schedule a concert due political reasons. I'm probably saying something stupid but it could be the reason.
India... Maybe it has the same problems that Brazil had in the last decade. They can handle a concert but their neighbors don't, so it's not interesting to play only one or two shows there.
I don't think 6 concerts is not enough for Spain. It's almost 1 concert after 3 years waiting since 2000 and Spain is a small countrie and it's easy to reach other places to attend the concert. It's my opinion.
Edited by LeonardoMF93

Your opinion is backed by facts. They went to Brazil just to play one show in 2004 and two shows in 2014, with no other South American shows. Brazil is the reason they started going to South America and is the main country of focus each time, for sure. They skipped Argentina in 2014 and Chile in 2012 and 2014. Peru just got played for the first time. What's the constant country? Brazil. They also did the full headlining tour in 2012 there. I'm sure 2010 started as "SWU will pay a lot of money for us to play in Brazil, so let's do it. Also, are there any other offers for shows there at that time?" Something like that. I'm sure 2012, 2014, and 2017 also worked that way but in 2017 the Maximus Festival was also like "yeah we are in Argentina too so we can book you twice."

It's no secret the Brazilian fans fuel the LP mgmt desire to play South America.

They will definitely fly somewhere just to play a show or two. Brazil in 2014 was a long way for just two shows. It looks like Japan this fall will be just for 3 shows. They did South Africa for 2 shows. They could easily fly to India for 1-2 shows as a one-off event, if they are able to book it.

Yeah Spain is next to Portugal, LP plays that area of Europe frequently, at least once a touring cycle or maybe even more.

I couldn't agree more with you. It's exactly what I think about all the tours in South America.

Ok, Brazil has 9 concerts and all the other contries together have 6 but without Brazil, probably this number would be something like 1 or 2. I don't know why people are always complaining about that.

Probably one day they will reach India for 1 or 2 concerts there but we need an empty spot on LP's schedule and someone able to pay a lot of money for this exclusive tour.