2017.05.11 - Lima, Peru

That is the worst show opening I've ever seen. Why open with a song where Brad and Dave just stand there? I honestly feel like they've lost their way. It seems like they're just going to do whatever pops in to their heads, and FU to anyone who doesn't like it. It's a shame what has happened to this band.

That is the worst show opening I've ever seen. Why open with a song where Brad and Dave just stand there? I honestly feel like they've lost their way. It seems like they're just going to do whatever pops in to their heads, and FU to anyone who doesn't like it. It's a shame what has happened to this band.

Because there totally haven't been songs without guitar and/or bass in the verses that have opened LP shows before.

*cough*The Catalyst, Given Up, Guilty All the Same, New Divide, Wretches and Kings, What I've Done, With You*cough*

DAMN do I have a bad cold...:P

Because there totally haven't been songs without guitar and/or bass in the verses that have opened LP shows before.

*cough*The Catalyst, Given Up, Guilty All the Same, New Divide, Wretches and Kings, What I've Done, With You*cough*

DAMN do I have a bad cold...:P

You and I know that comparing those songs to these songs is ridiculous, but whatever.

Im wondering if Mike is singing live on Invisible or playbacking with a pre-recorded live vocal track.

First of all props to him, his singing sounds amazing, but to my knowledge he has never sung a song this perfect before.

Also in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9UGPEA0_Mat around 1:37, when he sings "feel that now", his mic moves away from him but you can still hear it at the same volume as before.

Any thoughts?

Im wondering if Mike is singing live on Invisible or playbacking with a pre-recorded live vocal track.

First of all props to him, his singing sounds amazing, but to my knowledge he has never sung a song this perfect before.

Also in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9UGPEA0_Mat around 1:37, when he sings "feel that now", his mic moves away from him but you can still hear it at the same volume as before.

Any thoughts?

There are other points in the track where he's slightly off-key, and it's definitely not the same vocal track as the studio version, but still, that looks pretty damning at first glance. Chester's vocals on Talking to Myself have definitely been augmented a ton with backing tracks on this tour too, although you can still hear him singing over them.

Anyway, looks like there's a second full video source for this show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbPQG7-jWRU

Edited by Astat

Any thoughts?

When he said "now", it definitely drowned out. He's doing this live. Have no doubts there. The song isn't hard to sing.

When he said "now", it definitely drowned out. He's doing this live. Have no doubts there. The song isn't hard to sing.

I dunno man, they use Sennheiser e865's for vocal mics...supercardioid patterns shouldn't be THAT forgiving. Mike pulls the thing all the way down to his waist at a pretty sharp angle away from his mouth, with barely any noticeable change in the tone. If he was still keeping it pointed in the same direction as he pulled it away from his mouth that would be one thing, because 865's are pretty good at maintaining clarity when your lips aren't right on the mic, but angle-wise...they're designed as stage mics for a reason, they have excellent side rejection.

Is Chester singing in unison with him at that point? I can't tell. That's about the only non-lipsyncing reason for what you see Mike doing vs. what you hear that I can think of.

Edited by Astat

I dunno man, they use Sennheiser e865's for vocal mics...supercardioid patterns shouldn't be THAT forgiving. Mike pulls the thing all the way down to his waist at a pretty sharp angle away from his mouth, with barely any noticeable change in the tone. If he was still keeping it pointed in the same direction as he pulled it away from his mouth that would be one thing, because 865's are pretty good at maintaining clarity when your lips aren't right on the mic, but angle-wise...they're designed as stage mics for a reason, they have excellent side rejection.

Is Chester singing in unison with him at that point? I can't tell. That's about the only non-lipsyncing reason for what you see Mike doing vs. what you hear that I can think of.

Maybe your right and Chester is singing in unison with him there, its hard to tell though, you can see him on the mic but can't tell for sure.

I just noticed this "possible" playback, because I have never heard Mike sing a song live this good before, and this is only the second performance of it. I do agree that he sounds a little off/different on some parts vs the studio vocal track, but they could be using a live pre recorded track. On the otherside, they do use live pitch correct too so maybe because of that it sounds this good. It's a good performance anyway.

So, it's official: Mike said on Instagram that 33.000 people attended the concert in Lima..

According the manegers of Maximus Festival BR, 40.000 attended the concert in São Paulo.

So, about the public "competition" in South America:

1) São Paulo, Brazil 2004 - 75.000 people (source)

2) Itu, Brazil 2010 - 50.000 people (source)

3) São Paulo, Brazil 2017 - 40.000 people (source)

4) Lima, Peru 2017 - 33.000 people (source)

5) São Paulo, Brazil 2012 - 27.000 people (source)

I don't know about the numbers of Buenos Aires 2010, 2012 and Santiago 2010, 2017!

But we need to remember one thing: Itu, 2010 and São Paulo 2017 were festivals with another huge bands playing at the same day... (São Paulo 2004 was a festival as well but with only two bands: Linkin Park and a brazilian rock group)

So, let's talk about solo performances (including São Paulo 2004)

1) São Paulo, Brazil 2004 - 75.000 people

2) Lima, Peru 2017 - 33.000 people

3) São Paulo, Brazil 2012 - 27.000 people

If you don't consider São Paulo 2004 as a festival performance:

1) Lima, Peru 2017 - 33.000 people

2) São Paulo, Brazil 2012 - 27.000 people

Edited by LeonardoMF93

1) Lima, Peru 2017 - 30.000 people
2) São Paulo, Brazil 2012 - 27.000 people

We won! (?)

It really was a great show. My second LP concert and experience was better than the first.

Soon the audio of the concert....unless somebody wins us in publishing it.

Movistar arena Isn't that big, its full capacity is around 16.000 people. it was almost sold out so I bet we were around 14.000 people in Chile.

As for Maquinaria 2010, I believe I read in the press that there were around 35.000 to 40.000 people in there. Of course not everybody was on LP stage, some people stayed the whole day in the other main stage or in the side stage.

Edited by linkin_boss

We won! (?)

It really was a great show. My second LP concert and experience was better than the first.

Soon the audio of the concert....unless somebody wins us in publishing it.

Yes, you did! :D

But depends of your point of view. In my opinion, we can't consider São Paulo 2004 as a festival perfomance. I see that show as solo with an opening band, like Rise Against in Chile.

If you see, the same band that played before LP in 2004 was the same that played in São Paulo 2012 and we don't consider that show as festival performance.

There isn't just one champion in this competion, there are 4 countries with amazing crowds in South America!

Movistar arena Isn't that big, its full capacity is around 16.000 people. it was almost sold out so I bet we were around 14.000 people in Chile.

As for Maquinaria 2010, I believe I read in the press that there were around 35.000 to 40.000 people in there. Of course not everybody was on LP stage, some people stayed the whole day in the other main stage or in the side stage.

So Movistar Arena must be at 12th or 13th with the sould out concerts in Rio for 8.500 people in the last positions. If you what you say are correct, Chile 2010 could be tie with São Paulo 2017 in the 3th place! :o

You are right! I edited my post.

Edited by LeonardoMF93