2017.05.11 - Lima, Peru

Linkin Park takes the third show out of four on the current South American Tour north to Lima, Peru for their first show ever in the country. After headlining Maximus Festival in Buenos Aires on May 6th and Santiago's Movistar Arena on the 9th, another headlining show on the western side of South America is scheduled as the band breaks new ground on the continent. In Lima, Linkin Park will perform at Estadio Nacional, a large stadium. Over 30,000 people are expected at the show.

Their return to Lima has been highly anticipated... Linkin Park sold over 20,000 tickets in the FIRST DAY of ticket sales for this show. The entire show sold out in less than a week, so promoters had to scramble to release more tickets. In mid-March, they found a solution by opening up other parts of the venue. This is likely a city the band could perform two nights in, similar to Rio de Janeiro, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Melbourne, but there unfortunately wasn't enough time on the tour to add another show in.

By visiting Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Brazil, Linkin Park will perform in four South American countries on this tour - the most they've ever visited in one tour on the continent. Hopefully the large crowds will get the band to return in the near future.

So to recap the (short) tour so far, there have been two different shows. The first was a festival setlist of 90 minutes in Buenos Aires which featured a Fallout (w/ Roads Untraveled) > Catalyst opener along with public full band debuts of Talking To Myself, Good Goodbye, and Battle Symphony. Even with the instrumental of the show intro being Fallout, it's interesting to note that this is another occasion of a Living Things song (Roads Untraveled), partial or not, opening a show, as we've seen Tinfoil, Lost In The Echo, and Burn It Down all in the starting spots.

In Santiago, Linkin Park revealed their full headlining setlist and as expected, added a few songs to the setlist. The set is now 25 songs long and has songs from every album included. The two biggest surprises of the show were the live debuts for Invisible and One More Light. Thanks to technology, you can watch the entire show from Chile below:

Now we know you're going to say, oh but LPLive they already played Invisible and One More Light before this show. Yes, you're right. Invisible received its true live debut at The Late Late Show with James Corden back in February. Less than 10 LPU members were in attendance and phones were not allowed out, so a recording never became available. We will see if Linkin Park ends up releasing the footage of that song sometime soon.

And on March 6th, Brad, Chester, and Mike performed "stripped down" at Warner Bros. HQ in Burbank, CA with Talking To Myself, One More Light, and Heavy. A few short clips of those songs got out to fans online, but the South American performances of Talking To Myself, Invisible, and One More Light were truly their public live debuts in front of concert crowds.

Along with the headlining setlist, the band changed the start of the show and elected to open with Fallout, Talking To Myself, and Burn It Down. This is the first time a song from One More Light has opened a show. It's unknown whether the festival setlist (90 mins) will continue to keep The Catalyst and Wastelands at the start or if this was truly a change for both the festival and headlining sets.

The three additions to the set were the two new songs Invisible and One More Light, but also Waiting For The End from A Thousand Suns. Since Mike's "solo" spot in the setlist that he had in 2014 and 2015 is gone, he has introduced a brand new intro to Waiting For The End. The intro features Remember The Name starting acapella, then continuing through Remember The Name's strings sample, with the Waiting For The End beat being thrown over it. Not bad.

This also marks the fifth and sixth songs from the new album to be performed live. After promoting Living Things and The Hunting Party as both being albums that were "meant to be played live", the band ended up only adding half of the album (or less) into the setlists for those world tours. And sometimes it took quite a few tours to get new songs debuted...... like A Line In The Sand. Right now, they have already added in six songs from the new album (Heavy, Battle Symphony, Good Goodbye, Talking To Myself, Invisible, and One More Light). Maybe more are on the way once the touring gets going? Six is the most from one album at once by the band to start the touring cycle since the A Thousand Suns era in 2010.

After the Lima performance, the band will head to São Paulo, Brazil where they will close the short four date South American Tour by headlining Maximus Festival Brazil. They won't stop there as the promotion for the album kicks off shortly after and includes appearances at Jimmy Kimmel Live on May 18th as well as at an intimate show in Las Vegas on May 19th. The full 2017 tour schedule can be found here.

UPDATE:

The promoter has posted that the show is now sold out for the second time! Along with the announcement, the promoter also confirms that Linkin Park will be donating $1 from every ticket sold to Save The Children Peru, specifically for Piura's flooding victims.

There aren't many shows in the band's career where they've brought 30,000~ fans to one individual show. LPLive hasn't kept up with attendance numbers over the years as they are so hard to verify and take a lot of research...hours that we'd rather spend on other areas of the site. For a while, there weren't many to count but as the band has started headlining stadiums later into their career there are quite a few! Obvious ones include Cape Town and Johannesburg 2012...the latter reporting over 65,000 fans. Insane. But those are outliers...let's look at more reasonable numbers around 30k.

The Hunting Party World Tour is described by the band as their "biggest" world tour and since they obviously aren't talking about the number of shows, they must be talking about attendance numbers or money. Remember we're talking about non-festival shows. The soccer stadium show in Berlin in 2015 brought 40,000~ fans. Just before that, the China Stadium Tour brought crazy numbers... 66,000~ in Beijing, 58,000~ in Chongqing, and 57,000~ in Nanjing for example. To start the touring cycle in 2014, Poland stepped up with a massive 41,000~ in Wrocław.

Before that world tour, we had standout shows like Taipei 2007 (40,000~) and Stuttgart 2009 (30,000~). Looking at South America, everyone knows about Chimera 2004's festival but in 2012, Linkin Park brought 27,000~ to a headlining outdoor show in São Paulo. This show in Lima could go down as the largest Linkin Park headlining show in South America in their career. That isn't a huge sample size since this is only the band's fourteenth show in their career on the continent.

But as many people argue that Linkin Park's popularity is dwindling, they are actually selling more tickets at this point in their career than ever before. We saw incredible attendance records on consecutive world tours for Living Things and The Hunting Party, and things are starting off with a bang on this world tour with Lima. On the upcoming European Tour, LP elected to play mostly festivals and arenas and excluded headlining stadiums on their own outside of the festival circuit (likely because the festival payouts are larger monetary guarantees...just our guess).

There are two shows we'll keep an eye out for in July and August. The Citi Field and Hersheypark Stadium shows on the North American Tour have the potential to bring the largest headlining U.S. crowds in the band's career. We all remember Carson 2012, of which Billboard says, "The concert on September 8 at the Los Angeles-area venue grossed $1.7 million from a sellout crowd of 24,936. The tour wrapped two days later in San Diego with final overall counts topping $11.2 million in ticket sales from 16 performances." We could see the attendance number easily topped since one of the shows is in New York, but the gross $1.7 million might also be topped. We will see!

Sensácional o show do LP ontem no Chile, playlist muito bem elaborada e as musicas novas " One More Light, Invisible " show de bola ao vivo, e que honra para os Chilenos que ouviram " One More Light, Invisible " em 1ª mão em um show ao vivo...
Moro no Brasil mas devido a estar desempregado não poderei ir, estou mega triste mas estarei na torcida que algum canal brasileiro transmita o show aqui ou que postem completo no youtube assim como fizeram o show de ontem no Chile...
O Site é fantástico e me sinto honrado em fazer parte do site, obrigado por me aceitarem e por todo conteúdo postado, é fantástico mesmo e Linkin Park melhor banda da atualidade rsrs pelo menos para mim rsrs....
Excelente resto de semana.

Sensácional o show do LP ontem no Chile, playlist muito bem elaborada e as musicas novas " One More Light, Invisible " show de bola ao vivo, e que honra para os Chilenos que ouviram " One More Light, Invisible " em 1ª mão em um show ao vivo...

Moro no Brasil mas devido a estar desempregado não poderei ir, estou mega triste mas estarei na torcida que algum canal brasileiro transmita o show aqui ou que postem completo no youtube assim como fizeram o show de ontem no Chile...

O Site é fantástico e me sinto honrado em fazer parte do site, obrigado por me aceitarem e por todo conteúdo postado, é fantástico mesmo e Linkin Park melhor banda da atualidade rsrs pelo menos para mim rsrs....

Excelente resto de semana.

Si

Amigos se analisarmos as playslits do show na Argentina e ontem no Chile.

As musicas do novo album One More Light que já tocaram foram: Good Goodbye, Talking To Myselfe, Battle Symphony, Invisible, Heavy e One More Light.

E as que não tocaram ainda essas abaixo!!!!
Nobody Can Save Me, Sorry For Now, Halfaway Right e Sharp Edges.

Já pensou se tocam essas que faltm nos shows que farão amanhã em Lima - Peru e sábado em São Paulo - Brasil.
Edited by sergiolp

Amigos se analisarmos as playslits do show na Argentina e ontem no Chile.

As musicas do novo album One More Light que já tocaram foram: Good Goodbye, Talking To Myselfe, Battle Symphony, Invisible, Heavy e One More Light.

E as que não tocaram ainda essas abaixo!!!!
Nobody Can Save Me, Sorry For Now, Halfaway Right e Sharp Edges.

Já pensou se tocam essas que faltm nos shows que farão amanhã em Lima - Peru e sábado em São Paulo - Brasil.

English pls.

Google Translate says he's talking about the songs they haven't played live yet from OML

Yeah, actually I understood him. But I told him to speak in english since the vast majority of here speaks in english.

I noticed with the videos from the last two shows, Brad is still wearing an ankle/foot brace, like he did with the Warner performance. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpT39lwQNKk

Anyone know what happened to him? He's been wearing it for a long time now then.

I also noticed him sitting to play some songs, I wonder if he has some back problem and needs to sit sometimes to ease the pain or something

Entendido amigo, sou novo no site e tudo que postar postarei em português e em inglês embaixo, creio que deve ter fãs brasileiros no site!!! e por um acaso terá transmissão pela net desse show de hoje em Lima no Peru?

Understood friend, I am new to the site and everything I post will post in Portuguese and in English below, I believe there must be Brazilian fans on the site !!! And by chance will be broadcast on the net of this show today in Lima in Peru?

Yeah, actually I understood him. But I told him to speak in english since the vast majority of here speaks in english.

Understood friend, I am new to the site and everything I post will post in Portuguese and in English below, I believe there must be Brazilian fans on the site !!! And by chance will be broadcast on the net of this show today in Lima in Peru?

I don't think so. But it's likely that we'll have a full concert video uploaded on YouTube like the one in Chile. ;)

I don't think so. But it's likely that we'll have a full concert video uploaded on YouTube like the one in Chile. ;)

Well I sent MP earlier today to the fanpage in the face of LP Peru and they told me that they do not have an official channel that will broadcast but that it will be possible for some fan to make an online transmission by cell phone! But I asked here depending on if anyone knows how to report it, right ?! Miss this show! And here's how to use Shoutbox?

Bem mandei MP hoje mais cedo para a fanpage no face do LP Peru e me responderam que não têm um canal oficial que fará a transmissão mas que terá possibilidade de algum fã fazer uma transmissão online pelo telefone celular! Mas perguntei aqui dependendo se alguém souber informar né?! Perder um showzaço desses! e aqui como se usa o Shoutbox?

Well I sent MP earlier today to the fanpage in the face of LP Peru and they told me that they do not have an official channel that will broadcast but that it will be possible for some fan to make an online transmission by cell phone! But I asked here depending on if anyone knows how to report it, right ?! Miss this show! And here's how to use Shoutbox?

where is will be broadcast ?

This is what I also want to know rsrs but the people of the page of facebook Linkin Park Peru told me in private that it will not have any transmission, except if some fan does the transmission like it happened in the show of Chile that was made by fans via app that synchronized with Twitter.

É isso que também quero saber rsrs mas o pessoal da pagina do facebook Linkin Park Peru me disse no privado que não terá transmissão nenhuma, exceto se algum fã faça a transmissão como ocorreu no show do Chile que foi feita por fãs via app que sincronizava com Twitter.

Edited by sergiolp