Linkin Park announces North American Tour

hahninator

Damn, looks like I'm missing out on LP this cycle. I'll be on the west coast from July 24 to August 10. Big tour so it looks like it might be the only one of the cycle. Pretty interesting set up they have going on, though.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My complaint is how in the world is Charlotte, NC (9 hours away from me) close to Nashville, Birmingham, Memphis, or Chattanooga? The 1st presale sign up gave me a false sense of hope that they would be coming local. But alas, if MGK is the only support, then I am not bummed as much. :unsure:

Maybe they will add there a show on 28, 29, 30 or 31th of July! I would say there is place for 2 shows and on 4th of August they will play somewhere in New York

That makes no sense to me to drop Birmingham, Nashville and Memphis as markets when there are no shows anywhere close to those cities. Unfortunate that they skipped Georgia for the third tour in a row.

Do you know if the band has anything scheduled during the big gap from September to October?

I'm just wondering why they made a gap like that

Edited by Bliss

I have no idea. But Japan is almost right after LA.

Thanks!

Sorry for the constant questions but would you know anything about why Seattle (and Fresno) isn't listed on ticketmaster's website?

Really curious about the NYC show. Wonder when they will announce?!

My guesses below:

• Jones Beach - July 30 or 31? Doesn't look like Jones Beach has anything those two days
  • PNC Bank Arts Center (Holmdel, NJ) -July 29/30/31? Seems free those days

They sometimes brand the PNC Bank as "NYC." Kind of like Philadelphia and the Camden, NJ show :P

Per the LP.com email, One OK Rock will be the opener for the first four shows of the tour (not sure if MGK is also doing those shows or if he doesn't start until Detroit). MGK is not doing the October shows after the break either, support act still TBA for those. Could those shows be with Blink?

Good guess. Blink is booked 8/4 at Lollapalooza I think?

We will see. Whenever they announce New York I bet they announce Blink for something. The Blink fan I am talking to says with 100% certainty their management says they are "playing with Linkin Park" this summer.

Per the LP.com email, One OK Rock will be the opener for the first four shows of the tour (not sure if MGK is also doing those shows or if he doesn't start until Detroit). MGK is not doing the October shows after the break either, support act still TBA for those. Could those shows be with Blink?

I saw this as well. My friend and I are really curious who the opening act for those dates will be.

Also curious when the Seattle date will show up ticketmaster. I need to buy tickets ASAP once pre-sale opens.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that LP only has 1 opening act for the majority of the shows on this tour? I cant recall a tour that they only had 1 opening act. I wonder if this means a longer LP set or if they will be adding someone else later?

Am I the only one that finds it odd that LP only has 1 opening act for the majority of the shows on this tour? I cant recall a tour that they only had 1 opening act. I wonder if this means a longer LP set or if they will be adding someone else later?

Many concerts don't always list all the opening acts, sometimes they just list the act right before the headliner.

I'm sure there will be 2 other bands before MGK.

I think they will add different support acts to different shows. Maybe Blink182 and FOB. Blink182 will maybe join them for the few shows in October.

BUT!!!!... Am I the only one that finds our LPL forum is very quiet after a new US/CAN tour ^^
I remember 2007 and 2008 and others years where the forum exploded with many comments :o :P

I think they will add different support acts to different shows. Maybe Blink182 and FOB. Blink182 will maybe join them for the few shows in October.

BUT!!!!... Am I the only one that finds our LPL forum is very quiet after a new US/CAN tour ^^

I remember 2007 and 2008 and others years where the forum exploded with many comments :o :P

Indeed. A lot of the core fanbase is not pleased with the sound on the album, I mean just look at the threads for Heavy and the other songs. I think that has to do with it.

Let's see how this presale goes.....

I'm in group 2 for Houston. Noon was my time. I use the link provided, click the LP presale link, and I'm led to a page saying that it's not available yet. The presale, according to the venue's website, starts on May 16th. I am beyond frustrated, because it's not like I needed multiple copies of the same album. I'm starting to feel a little bit ripped off.

I'm in group 2 for Houston. Noon was my time. I use the link provided, click the LP presale link, and I'm led to a page saying that it's not available yet. The presale, according to the venue's website, starts on May 16th. I am beyond frustrated, because it's not like I needed multiple copies of the same album. I'm starting to feel a little bit ripped off.

Same. Also groups don't matter. If you have a code then buy now.

The Houston thing is ridiculous. I'm at work and can't sit here all day trying to figure this out. Where is Lorenzo?!

Also, 2 ticket limit instead of 4. Really screwed over some friends of mine.