Linkin Park adds England shows in July

hahninator

Great news, UK fans! Linkin Park has announced that they will be returning to England in July. These are the first shows in England since November 2014, when LP headlined Manchester and London.

"This July we are bringing the One More Light World Tour to London, Birmingham, and Manchester. Tickets go on sale April 7th @ 10am.
LPU Members get priority access to tickets starting on Monday, April 3rd @ 10am (BST). If you pre-ordered One More Light on LinkinPark.com you will have access to a special pre-sale starting on Monday, April 3rd @ 3pm (BST)."

The dates are as follows:

2017.07.03 London, ENG - O2 Arena

2017.07.06 Birmingham, ENG - Barclaycard Arena
2017.07.07 Manchester, ENG - Manchester Arena

And sticking to tradition, the band will most likely add its second London show on July 4th. The announcement comes as 'Heavy' is charting well in the UK and comes just after Mike and Chester's event in London this morning. Presales can be found here.

This will be the first Linkin Park show in Birmingham since 2010 for A Thousand Suns and will be the fifth run of England's arenas in their career, following 2003, 2008, 2010, and 2014.

The One More Light European Tour is now at 16 shows and should be almost complete, with the exception of one gap on June 12th so it is likely that a show gets added there plus the second show in London. The 2017 tour dates can be viewed here.

Who is going?

OMG! I am going!!! For sure!!

But.... what the hell? It's the same time as the blink tour!! I would have gone to the o2 but I already have tickets for Blink in Cardiff on that day! :(

Hopefully they will add a second day, Birmingham is closer, but I love the o2, will likely try for a few dates, depending on ticket price.

That is not so much^^ 2015 in Berlin I paid 88 Euros (~75 Pounds)

So the Mercedes Benz Arena (formely known as O2 World) in Berlin has no event at 12th of June.... so come to Germany at this date :P

Edited by marzo23

My summer is going to be incredible!

I have Download in June, I will see Sum41 for the first time who are one of the last few bands on my bucket list, plus loads of other awesome bands and fun.

Guns and Roses the weekend after, I got Innercircle access, right at the front! And original line up guns n roses has been a dream for me for as long as I remember!

And then I two weeks later I have Blink-182, first time seeing them with Matt and only second time ever! With one of my great friends!

And then a couple of LP shows the same week!

Whoa... I am hyped!

Edited by Smarky

i wonder how much LPU and the OML presale costs are

The last years there was no different between LPU presale and general tickets... One reason why I skipped being in LPU. I remembered 2010/2011 I saved 4 Euros per ticket as LPU member

My summer is going to be incredible!

I have Download in June, I will see Sum41 for the first time who are one of the last few bands on my bucket list, plus loads of other awesome bands and fun.

Guns and Roses the weekend after, I got Innercircle access, right at the front! And original line up guns n roses has been a dream for me for as long as I remember!

And then I two weeks later I have Blink-182, first time seeing them with Matt and only second time ever! With one of my great friends!

And then a couple of LP shows the same week!

Whoa... I am hyped!

That's great!! Have a lot of fun! I would also like to see GnR live but only two shows here and at least 100 Euros per ticket o.O

I don't see why they wouldn't add a second show in London. They even have a day off on the 4th with enough time for a real day off on the 5th. They always play two London shows.

65 euros is ridiculously cheap...here it's like $115+ in the pit. USA is very expensive for shows.

I don't see why they wouldn't add a second show in London. They even have a day off on the 4th with enough time for a real day off on the 5th. They always play two London shows.

65 euros is ridiculously cheap...here it's like $115+ in the pit. USA is very expensive for shows.

Yeah I think the same! But 65 Pounds not Euros^^

This is so random after Digby said no UK shows. Maybe they added these shows when Heavy started doing well in the UK. It's at the very end of the tour tacked on, too. Usually they mix the headlining shows into the middle.

That is what I'm talking about and he said that what... 2 or 3 weeks ago?! Maybe this is a sign that they will not do another Euro tour :o If another tour won't happen they will add also some other dates after UK like Russia, Switzerland and Germany.

Southside and Hurricane didn't say that the 2 shows will be exclusive German shows like Rock am Ring/ Rock im Park did in the past.... so we will see but if LP will start their USA/CAN tour in August they could play one more week or two in Europe to make the longest Europe tour ever :P

I think they are hitting the UK because the single is charting well there, and they obviously don't have enough time for a full leg in Germany right now or they would have already announced it. Probably one Germany arena show for now. The reason for knocking out the UK now is that they probably won't return to Europe until January 2018, like the MTM tour. It's starting to be structured like that with the fall having Asia (and maybe Australia) instead of a second European tour. They have to get to Asia/Australia since it's been so long and then they'll play 6+ Germany shows in January or whenever they go back to Europe.

The demand is there easily for LP to play 25-30 shows across Europe but the band does not want to tour that long or they'll get exhausted from being on the road so long. Understood, after seeing how exhausting the MTM touring got for them and they even had breaks on that world tour.

Hah, such bad timing, I have been spending so much money this week, money I had planned to put into tours etc but since they said no UK tour I was safe! My poor bank account, travel+hotels+tickets and fees get very expensive! :(

It's quite unlike LP to announce dates in the UK that's like only 3 months after their announcement.

I hate the fact that Ticketmaster are always the ones selling these bloody tickets. Wonder what sort of charge they've got this time, £4.95 to print at home, £2.50 per click of mouse, and £10.99 to cover the administrative costs of the previous two charges.

EDIT: Radio X here in the UK will be running a comp to win a pair of tickets to LP gigs here in the UK from 5th to 6th April and they list two O2 Arena dates in the competition T&Cs: http://www.radiox.co.uk/terms-conditions/radio-x-linkin-park-online-apr17/#OhIV5Tyw4Bpsr2ex.97

Edited by Xenunti