Up Close with Mike & Chester in Amsterdam

RogueSoul

Mike and Chester (and presumably the rest of the band) will be heading to Europe next week to do some promotion for One More Light ahead of their performance at the ECHO Awards in Berlin, Germany on April 6, where they will perform 'Heavy' with Kiiara. Before that, they'll be making a few stops on the way.

Mike and Chester just finished doing some promo in Toronto, Canada the other day, conducting plenty of interviews and even playing a piano version of 'Heavy' a couple of times for various radio stations. At the end of this little venture, Mike posted a picture on his Instagram story noting that the next promo stop would be in Amsterdam, Netherlands and they would be there on March 24. That's pretty far ahead of their performance in Berlin, so we're expecting promo performances (maybe even a full show or two) to happen, but looks like some other interesting things will be happening.

Watch Mike and Chester perform the piano version of 'Heavy' for the first time at 102.1 The Edge.

On March 24, Mike and Chester will be part of an intimate event in Amsterdam, and you can win a chance to go see it! Hosted by Brand New Guys, a small outfit specializing in physical and digital experiences with consumers and businesses, you can attend the event by submitting this little form that asks for your name, email, cellphone number, and a question you have for Mike and Chester. It seems to be open to everyone, but you'd probably only want to submit a form if you live in Amsterdam or can make the trip there on March 24.

We're not really sure what this event entails, but it'll sure be an interesting experience. It seems to just be Mike and Chester, so a full band show is out of the question, but there's always a chance they play a piano version or two of a couple songs. Maybe they'll even preview some new music from One More Light! Let us know if you're entering. Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates on what goes on at the event. If you're entering, good luck!

That would be really nice to experience! And thank you. If I win, I will give an update on this page for sure.

Yes, I've seen them here in Amsterdam before and on the Pinkpop festival in 2007. Amazing performances and all sold out shows. It's a question I had for many years: they could have easily sold out the Ziggo Dome twice in 2014, yet they didn't come to the Netherlands for over 13 years with an own headline show. Hopefully with the next tour, we will be included again, and not just a festival performance in Belgium.

That's awesome. The trend lately has been if Linkin Park has a very successful show in a country, they return.

Examples:
Poland in 2012, then LP returned in 2014 to a HUGE show (and the band says one of their favorites in 2015), so they returned again in 2015 too, and now 2017.

Italy in 2014 and they returned in 2015, and now 2017.

Outside of the 9 German shows in 2014, I think Amsterdam is the only one that sold out completely (unless London N1 sold out). So I bet that is why they are going to Amsterdam for the first time to do promo this year, and they will probably include Amsterdam in the headlining arena tour for One More Light in Europe :) Keep selling the shows out and LP will return. Another one might be Belarus too since it sold out in 2015.

I've been to Pinkpop in 2007, 2012 and the hunting party tour in Amsterdam in 2014.

In 2007 i was working on Pinkpop so i got all acces wich was pretty cool. I got the day off when they were performing.

In 2012 i've won a Meet & Greet through 3fm so i got to meet Mike, Brad, Rob

In 2014 i also won tickets to the hunting party tour in amsterdam

I saw them live for the first time ever in 2014 (I saw Chester before with Dead By Sunrise though), which was a blast, every time they were on Pinkpop I had no oppertunity to go. I dearly hope that this promo trip will lead to an other show here, because I would love to see them again :)

I saw them live for the first time ever in 2014 (I saw Chester before with Dead By Sunrise though), which was a blast, every time they were on Pinkpop I had no oppertunity to go. I dearly hope that this promo trip will lead to an other show here, because I would love to see them again :)

This!! I believe the Amsterdam LPU summit was also sold out (?)

They really need to come more often, there are many fans in the Netherlands who can't always make it to the German shows

I just signed up too :D

I hope that they invite a somewhat big group of people

^ I think so, it felt sold out, and the show itself was also more than sold out, since also a lot of LPU members got standing tickets on the day itself, even though it already said it was sold out if I remember it right ^_^

Appearently it is an album presentation, or atleast it is presented that way. You can 'win' tickets different ways, including the form in the first post of the thread. It is held in De Melkweg, which is the venue I also saw Dead By Sunrise live, so there is technically space for a lot of people. Damn I hope everyone who signed up from here will get to go there, I am so curious to see if I will be able to attend. Bring on that announcement already. You can also try to get tickets through Ziggo Music on Facebook, if anyone is interested in that, but they basically make you beg in a Facebook post and I am not here for that. I think the form in the first post is the most fairest so far.

Edited by Jesper

^ I think so, it felt sold out, and the show itself was also more than sold out, since also a lot of LPU members got standing tickets on the day itself, even though it already said it was sold out if I remember it right ^_^

Appearently it is an album presentation, or atleast it is presented that way. You can 'win' tickets different ways, including the form in the first post of the thread. It is held in De Melkweg, which is the venue I also saw Dead By Sunrise live, so there is technically space for a lot of people. Damn I hope everyone who signed up from here will get to go there, I am so curious to see if I will be able to attend. Bring on that announcement already. You can also try to get tickets through Ziggo Music on Facebook, if anyone is interested in that, but they basically make you beg in a Facebook post and I am not here for that. I think the form in the first post is the most fairest so far.

Thanks so much for letting me know!! I missed that Ziggo thing

How do we know that it's in Melkweg? Cause if thats true, why not invite 1000 people?

Thanks so much for letting me know!! I missed that Ziggo thing

How do we know that it's in Melkweg? Cause if thats true, why not invite 1000 people?

De Facebook page of Ziggo Music states it in De Melkweg.

it's not available anymore :(

Edit: I can't even find their facebook on Google (I don't have facebook). Link?

https://www.facebook.com/ziggomusic/photos/a.198370823904486.1073741828.195993454142223/243489499392618/?type=3&theater

Has anybody heard anything yet?

Not yet, the Ziggo Music contest from Facebook will be revealed today, idk about the form etc.

Edited by Jesper

Has anybody heard anything yet?

no, not yet.

https://www.facebook.com/ziggomusic/photos/a.198370823904486.1073741828.195993454142223/243489499392618/?type=3&theater

Not yet, the Ziggo Music contest from Facebook will be revealed today, idk about the form etc.

Do you know at what time?

Thanks for the link!

Edited by RickLPL

no, not yet.

Do you know at what time?

Thanks for the link!

I have no idea, I hope it will be early enough, if I would get tickets/acces, i would need to prepare some things for tomorrow, and I am so impatient :lol:

I have seen some people talking on Twitter that they won tickets...some like 6 hours ago, some like 7 minutes ago. I guess they all have been given out then? I also saw a random person that won that only entered the contest out of nostalgia <_<

I tweeted Lorenzo about the LPU contest. But still no reaction. Im afraid we are out of luck boys

Yeah, just looked on Twitter again and it seems the people who won have gotten a mail from the marketing team from Warner Music, no news about LPU but I guess since that contest is closed, people also already got to know they have won?

Yeah, just looked on Twitter again and it seems the people who won have gotten a mail from the marketing team from Warner Music, no news about LPU but I guess since that contest is closed, people also already got to know they have won?

I guess so. Part of me still hopes there is a chance until Lorenzo responds. Even if I could go it would take me about 3 hours to get there... so I would like to know tonight

I guess so. Part of me still hopes there is a chance until Lorenzo responds. Even if I could go it would take me about 3 hours to get there... so I would like to know tonight

Yeah I am holding a bit of faith for the LPU contest, and I never participated in a LPU contest before, so how do those contests work? Do they reveal the winners on the platform or just mail them?