The Search for "Closing" by Xero

hahninator

I actually have LinkedIn. What should I ask him? Should I link him the thread?

Edit: I also contacted the seller of the two other Rapology samplers, but since you already got a reply in the meantime, I suppose he won't be able to tell me more^^

Ask him if he has volume 12 , and if he can sell it or give it to us, and if he can send us the tracklists of volumes 11-12-17-18 (just in case there are more than volume 12's Closing)

We've messaged several LA-area prominent record stores, etc with no luck yet.

That's a good way to find I believe there is a strong chance we'll find it that way, i'm trying to reach out sellers and people who worked at Rapologys throught the internet so we kinda cover everything we can

Edited by LinkinParkDrew

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked him if he could help me out with any kind of information on Vol. 12.

I also messaged all members of the Urban Network LinkedIn account, asking if they can help: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/1053434/?pathWildcard=1053434

Problem is that on LinkedIn, you have to connect to them first before you can actually talk to them, so I'll have to wait and see if they accept my "friend request".

We've messaged several LA-area prominent record stores, etc with no luck yet.

Is that where the CDS originally came out?

We should contact the record stores in the area where they orginally released

I said it based on the fact that SFX Multimedia Group office (which Urban Netwrok was part of) was at 120 N. Victory Blvd. Burbank, CA .

do you keep messeging record stores ?

I'll try to connect with last.fm admins to search user who scrobbled rapology 12, if that's account is still active...

good thought even though it seems unlikely they will give any info but its worth trying

My Research Daily Update: I have sent 23 pms in total to people associated with Rapologys and have gotten 11 replies back all from sellers, but unfortunatly nothing worth mentioning. The 12 im still waiting are: 6 sellers and 6 people who worked at Rapologys.

Edited by LinkinParkDrew

My Research Daily Update: I have sent 29 pms in total to people associated with Rapologys. I have gotten 14 replies, all from sellers, but unfortunatly nothing worth mentioning. The 15 im still waiting are: 5 sellers and 10 people who worked at Rapologys.

The guy on Discogs replied "I do not [know where to find Rapology twelve]. I'll keep an eye out for it thought. From time-to-time, I come across guys with large collections of rap CDs."

Wait and see~

Also, some lucky guy snatched one of the other two Rapology CDs from a German CD store straight from under my nose. :D

Ok let me know when you're wrapping that part up and we'll move on to contacting record stores who might have stocked releases by The Urban Network, then we can look into the Rapology releases.

i think you should do that at the same time i'm waiting for responses cause I believe most of the people involved at Rapologys won't respond, and most sellers don't know a thing so...

I asked him if he could help me out with any kind of information on Vol. 12.

I also messaged all members of the Urban Network LinkedIn account, asking if they can help: https://www.linkedin.com/company-beta/1053434/?pathWildcard=1053434

Do we have any response from there ?

I need a few people to help me assemble a list of who to contact, if I blindly look for stores myself I'm not going to find them all.

I can't help with that, my free time is limited atm but im sure some people would be willing to help.

My Research Daily Update: I have sent 29 pms in total to people associated with Rapologys.

The 12 im still waiting are 3 sellers and 9 people who worked at Rapologys.

I have gotten 16 replies from sellers, but unfortunatly nothing worth mentioning.

I today i got a reply from a guy, named Lance Whitfield who did some artoworks for Rapologys back then:

"I'll take a look and see what I might have. Will have to check in my storage and let you know if I can find anything Give me a few days1f60a.png"

Edited by LinkinParkDrew

Thanks for all the work you're doing dude, none of this would be possible without you. :)

np man, I'm really happy the rest of you appreciate it :D

I'M TALKING WITH LEE CADENA AT FB ATM, I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF I GET ANY INFO ASAP !!!

edit : sht he just went offline :(

Edited by LinkinParkDrew

For those of you who ordered Rapology 11, Lee says he think Joe did the artwork for that one.

"Mike used to do art for me and Joseph was my assistant when I was doing the Rapology series. I helped get them together and would introduce them at clubs like the Troubadour, Whisky, and The Mint here in L.A. I believe Joe did the artwork for the Rapology 11 as well."

But did he give you any info before going offline?

only some general info but worth mentioning :

"Joseph used to work for me and I had Mike stopping by my office and I had him do some graphics for me. I helped joseph hone his skills by getting him with some Beat Junkies

I helped them get themselves together as a group (Xero) and would introduce them at places like The Whiskey A Go-Go. The Troubadour and The Mint here in L.A."

For those of you who ordered Rapology 11, Lee says he think Joe did the artwork for that one.

did you talk to him as well ? (that amazon seller that those guys bought vol.11 is not responiding to messeges though)

My Research Daily Update: I have sent 28 pms in total to people associated with Rapologys.
The 9 im still waiting are 3 sellers and 6 people who worked at Rapologys.
I have gotten 16 replies from sellers, but unfortunatly nothing worth mentioning.
and 3 replies from people who worked at Rapologys:
1: Lance Whitfield [Graphic Designer] : (he's is searching, answer pending)

"I'll take a look and see what I might have. Will have to check in my storage and let you know if I can find anything Give me a few days1f60a.png"
2: Lee Cadena [Executive of Rapologys] : (got some general info but he went offline)
"Joseph used to work for me and I had Mike stopping by my office and I had him do some graphics for me. I helped joseph hone his skills by getting him with some Beat Junkies. I helped them get themselves together as a group (Xero) and would introduce them at places like The Whiskey A Go-Go. The Troubadour and The Mint here in L.A."
3: Miller London [urban Network] : (he's is searching, answer pending)
"Most of those CDs are in storage When I get a chance I will see if I can locate them"