Update: Youth View Awards not a real performance

hahninator

Thanks to the ChesterBNetwork, we have found out that Linkin Park will be performing at the Youth View Awards on February 18, 2017.

The event is held at the National Indoors Sports Complex in Kingston, Jamaica.

Tickets can be purchased here.

As of now, this appears to be a one-off performance and the website says it will just feature Chester, Mike, Brad, and Rob, but that could be an error.

It now seems very likely we will get a new Linkin Park song by that time.

UPDATE / CORRECTION: Linkin Park will NOT be performing at the Youth View Awards. This is not a real performance by the band and it has been confirmed that it is fake.

Are the Grammys in February again? ^^

Linkin Park hasn't released anything since June of 2014 and it's too late to be nominated or win anything right now anyways, even if they debuted the single today and it had immense success.

Linkin Park hasn't released anything since June of 2014 and it's too late to be nominated or win anything right now anyways, even if they debuted the single today and it had immense success.

I think he was asking if it was possible for LP to play the Grammys. Still, I doubt they are.

Edited by SasstielExperience

I knew something didn't seem right about it. For one, LP doesn't typically perform in a bunch of new places with each cycle, Peru and Hungary might be the only exceptions this cycle. And February just seemed to early to me for a live performance.

So what it is? Mistake or...?

I don't know why they put Linkin Park on their website for the 2017 edition. Their management confirmed to me that it is not a real performance date. Linkin Park will not be playing there.

We have to be careful and watch out for these false events, but this usually doesn't ever happen.

Why would a well-known organization/event like the YVA's that's been around for a decade and has a substantial media presence put fake information on their website? This would be like the U.S. equivalent of the iHeartRadio awards posting fake information on their site.

Note that it doesn't say anywhere on there that "Linkin Park" is performing. It lists the four individual guys separately. No Joe/Phoenix, and Brad is listed as the bass player. Hmm...

*Edit* If you scroll left/right on the page that lists the "performers," it just repeats the same 4 guys' names over and over, sometimes listing the same guy multiple times even. The text when you hover over any of them is also just a brief generic bio on Mike. It almost seems like it was placeholder text leftover from when they built the website?

Edited by Astat

It almost seems like it was placeholder text leftover from when they built the website?

Bingo. If you click on the Twitter link on Chester cube it will lead you to JoomShaper Twitter account - a Joomla (content management system) templates provider.

Another Linkin Park-related example:

http://demo.joomshaper.com/2014/vocal/index.php/albums/item/11-just-life