Wanted: Linkinpedia Writers

Skipees

We're looking for more writers for Linkinpedia. Currently, we're looking for two people to fill in two spots: a general writer about Linkin Park-related subjects and another for the related acts which we are planning to start soon.

We're doing our best to keep Linkinpedia the most reliable Linkin Park knowledge base on the web, so writing skills aren't the only trait we're looking for. Here's a list of the qualities that can make you a Linkinpedia writer:

• Interesting Writing: You need to be able to present information in an interesting way. That means you can't just list facts; you have to make it flow smoothly and with a good progression.

• Fluent English: There are rumors about translating Linkinpedia into other languages, but this is something we can put into play a lot later. Right now our focus is on finishing the site, so your English should be fluent. This includes grammar and spelling.

• Familiarity: Research is always important, but if you want to write, you should have an understanding about what you're writing about first.

• Proof: You should be able to locate sources for the any fact you're adding to the site.

• Consistency: You need to be able to stay consistent with your writing - people need to know if you're on Page X, you can easily locate the same type of information in the same place on Page Y.

• Dedication: If you really want to be a part of the team, you need to be prepared to help when you can. We know everyone has their own lives and busy schedules, but you can't write a few paragraphs and say your job is done. Linkinpedia is all about building up. It's all gradual - we're not asking you to make this your job, but be sure you can contribute and don't forget your duties.

Think you're qualified? Send us an email at linkinpedia[at]lplive.net and we will consider your application - YOU can help us build this database!

I have submitted a few forms as of right now about corrections of the Projekt Revolution 2007 page and have source cited. Minutes To Midnight and Projekt Revolution 2007 in particular mean the world to me, so I am very interested in both pages having 100% accurate information. The Minutes To Midnight page looks fine to me, it's just the Projekt Revolution 2007 page that needs a little work, and it's all listed in my forms submitted. I don't think I will try to become a writer for Linkin Pedia both because I don't think anyone would want me to be one and also because I feel like there are a lot of other people out there who are just as good, if not better than me at it. I just would like Projekt Revolution 2007's page to be fixed with my submissions, that would mean a lot to me.

Edited by Geki

I have submitted a few forms as of right now about corrections of the Projekt Revolution 2007 page and have source cited. Minutes To Midnight and Projekt Revolution 2007 in particular mean the world to me, so I am very interested in both pages having 100% accurate information. The Minutes To Midnight page looks fine to me, it's just the Projekt Revolution 2007 page that needs a little work, and it's all listed in my forms submitted. I don't think I will try to become a writer for Linkin Pedia both because I don't think anyone would want me to be one and also because I feel like there are a lot of other people out there who are just as good, if not better than me at it. I just would like Projekt Revolution 2007's page to be fixed with my submissions, that would mean a lot to me.

The only thing I would add to the Minutes To Midnight page is more info about Rick Rubin's haunted mansion that they recorded in because I think it's really cool, but it's not needed 100%. I could write a cool little paragraph about it if someone wanted me to.

I THOUGHT about doing it, but I feel I don't have the LP knowledge to do so. And I think you'd be great at it, you know more about the band then me!

I THOUGHT about doing it, but I feel I don't have the LP knowledge to do so. And I think you'd be great at it, you know more about the band then me!

Thank you! I wouldn't say that I know the most about the band, or even close to it. But I do know a lot about MTM because I have been obsessed with that album for a long time, and I wish I could add some stuff to that page, which I submitted to Linkinpedia now.

Thank you! I wouldn't say that I know the most about the band, or even close to it. But I do know a lot about MTM because I have been obsessed with that album for a long time, and I wish I could add some stuff to that page, which I submitted to Linkinpedia now.

No problem bro. I'm rather obsessed with the band in general, but I don't know anything that's not common knowledge here.

I'd say you don't really need to have a lot of knowledge about the band. Everytime we start a new page we do some research on the subject and that's where the content of the pages comes from. We also have a lot of information already here in the LPLive Forums (in the Lists and Guides) and in the LPLive Wiki and we are still in the process of moving everything to Linkinpedia. Plus, we are constantly gathering new information and we need someone to keep the pages updated.

I would love write to Linkinpedia, but such English is not my native language I don't think I could get the spot.

If you have any plans to translate it to another languages in the future, and one of them be Portuguese, I would be glad to help ^^

Geki is the guy you are looking for he knows a lot the band, has been around since 2003 and also I love the way he writes about the band.

I would love to try but my english grammar sucks balls.

I'm all in for Geki writing the Minutes to Midnight and Chester related articles. I think he could cook up some in-depth information about Minutes to Midnight and I'm really interested in reading that.

Thank you guys a lot, means a lot. I actually think the MTM page is good, the only thing I would add is a section about the Salton Sea. I think the photo shoots are pretty important since the band specifically chooses them to create the feel of the album, etc. as said by the band. And this was a cool photo shoot, just like the ambassador hotel for Meteora.

I'd add something like this about the Salton Sea, not too long, just like a paragraph.

''The band chose the Salton Sea in California as the photo shoot for the album. The band worked with photographer James Minchin, whom the band had previously done photo shoots with in the past for Meteora and Hybrid Theory. Chester had this to say about the location. ''The salt content of the sea has risen to such levels that it's actually toxic; all the fish are dying in there and the air is really kind of putrid smelling.''

Edited by Geki

Is like to help but do you have specific areas that you need help in?

Btw I've been a fan and going to see the band since 2000.

"Currently, we're looking for two people to fill in two spots: a general writer about Linkin Park-related subjects and another for the related acts which we are planning to start soon."

Do you also collect CDs, vinyls, cassette tapes, etc.?

Because we could really use the help of a collector (or at least someone who has been keeping track of the band's releases) for the "Releases" sections we're planning for the album pages.

Since you've been around for so long, I guess you might remember some things we don't know about (about the band in general), which would be really helpful too.

Edited by lpliveusername

• Fluent English: There are rumors about translating Linkinpedia into other languages, but this is something we can put into play a lot later. Right now our focus is on finishing the site, so your English should be fluent. This includes grammar and spelling.

I know you haven't finished Linkinpedia yet, but for translation, you can count on me for Farsi/Persian.

Do you also collect CDs, vinyls, cassette tapes, etc.?

Because we could really use the help of a collector (or at least someone who has been keeping track of the band's releases) for the "Releases" sections we're planning for the album pages.

Since you've been around for so long, I guess you might remember some things we don't know about (about the band in general), which would be really helpful too.

I try to not collect mass-produced items such as those unless they're truly limited and rare. But I'd be happy to help wherever I can.

Would be cool to have a fan from the HT days to be able to write some stuff, etc, IMO. I didn't become a fan of the band until 2003 so I missed the entire HT era.

Would be cool to have a fan from the HT days to be able to write some stuff, etc, IMO. I didn't become a fan of the band until 2003 so I missed the entire HT era.

i wish i remembered all the shows i went to where they weren't the headliner!

i kept all my stubs until Hurricane Sandy washed em away!

Edited by loulax07

• 2 years later...

Did a little write up for the cancelled U.S. tour for OML.

Introduction

The North American Tour 2017 was set to be Linkin Park's U.S. tour for One More Light. The tour was set to run from July 27th to October 22nd, with over a month long gap in between shows in September and October.

Before The Tour

Before the tour was set to start, Linkin Park did a massive tour across Europe. The tour featured the band's first show ever in Hungary, as well as the band visiting many countries and playing many big festivals, etc. The band wrapped up the tour with 3 shows in the U.K., featuring an exclusive show at London's 02 Academy Brixton. The band finished up the tour with a show in Birmingham, England, which would later come to be Chester Bennington's final show with the band. It is unknown if there were any rehearsals, etc. before the North American Tour took place. Linkin Park was scheduled to play The Sound Lounge for Chicago's 101WKQX Studios on July 25th, which was discovered after Chester's death was announced. It is unknown what songs the band were set to perform.

Main Summary

Since the tour was completely cancelled before the tour started, there isn't much to talk about. Besides the main dates of the tour, the band was set to play Good Morning America's concert series in Central Park on August 4th. The band also had two special ''Blinkin Park'' shows wedged in between the Mansfield and Camden dates, which were co-headlining shows with Blink-182, and were set to be performed in stadiums, something that Linkin Park has never done on their own.

Touring bands

The support acts were set to be very interesting for this tour. Machine Gun Kelly was set to join the band as direct support throughout the Mansfield date all the way through the Las Vegas date. One OK Rock was added to a few of the East Coast shows for Mansfield, Camden, Bristow and Uncasville. Snoop Dogg was set to be direct support throughout the Seattle date through the Los Angeles date on the final leg of the tour. The band also had several unique performances scattered throughout the tour, with two ''Blinkin Park'' shows in Flushing, NY and Hershey, PA. They weren't necessarily part of the U.S. Tour but they were set to take place during shows of the main tour, so they're worth noting. They were co-headlining shows with Blink-182. Machine Gun Kelly was support for both shows, and Wu-Tang Clan was also support for the Flushing, NY show. Linkin Park was going to headline the Hershey, PA show, while Blink-182 was going to headline the Flushing, NY show.

Edited by GarretLP