Songs that will return/be dropped for the next tour.

JZLP-NaughtyNottingham

Going off of their last major setlist

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/linkin-park/2015/anaheim-convention-center-anaheim-ca-2bf5300a.html

Dropped:

Rebellion

ALITS

From The Inside

Runaway

Castle of Glass

Ballad Medley

Robot Boy

Mr. Hahn Solo

Breaking The Habit

Darker Than Blood

Mike Rap Medley

Welcome

Return/Add:

A Place For My Head

Lying From You

Somewhere I Belong

Leave Out All The Rest

Crawling

When They Come For Me

Lost In The Echo

In My Remains

Until It's Gone

# LP7 tracks

Edited by Broman

--DROP--

Castle Of Glass (Experience Version)

Crawling

Darker Than Blood

Joe Solo Medley

LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent

Mike Solo Medley

Points Of Authority

Remember The Name

Robot Boy

Runaway

Welcome

--ADD/RETURN--

A Place For My Head

Castle Of Glass (Album Version)

Keys To The Kingdom

Lost In The Echo

No More Sorrow

Until It's Gone

+ LP7 Songs (Probably 3)

DROP

Rebellion
Runaway

Wastelands
Castle Of Glass (Experience Version)
Joe Solo
Robot Boy

Breaking The Habit
Darker Than Blood

Burn It Down

Remember The Name

Welcome

ROTATE/DROP
Given Up
Points Of Authority

A Line In The Sand

From The Inside

New Divide
Final Masquerade

ADD
Reading My Eyes (20 years of Xero!)

A Place For My Head

Lying From You
Figure.09

No More Sorrow
The Little Things Give You Away

When They Come For Me
The Catalyst

Lost In The Echo
In My Remains
Keys To The Kingdom

It's time for What I've Done & Numb to rest if Papercut was not played for some time I don't see why those 2 don't get dropped for a while.

The band knows that we all love No More Sorrow and they will play some metal fests so they might need that one in a setlist.

Nah, fuck that. The set needs more MTM. They only play GU, WID and BIO from the album as of now, I don't count the Ballad Medley. WID shouldn't ever be dropped. It's my favorite LP song and it's also one of their biggest hits, why drop it? It's not a long song, either. Drop the 6 minute Ballad Medley if anything. And this next album isn't going to be a metal album, so that doesn't make sense. They didn't play metal songs at any of the festivals on THP and that was a metal album so yeah.

I love NMS as much as the next guy but that wouldn't be why they brought it back. It was supposedly rehearsed for Carnivores in 2014 but they never debuted it, I don't think it's ever coming back.

Edited by Geki

Nah, fuck that. The set needs more MTM. They only play GU, WID and BIO from the album as of now, I don't count the Ballad Medley. WID shouldn't ever be dropped. It's my favorite LP song and it's also one of their biggest hits, why drop it? It's not a long song, either. Drop the 6 minute Ballad Medley if anything. And this next album isn't going to be a metal album, so that doesn't make sense. They didn't play metal songs at any of the festivals on THP and that was a metal album so yeah.

I agree, don't drop What I've Done, Drop the Ballad Medley and replace it with one or two full songs.

Anyways, I'm going to go by their most current full set and see what I would drop and add.

DROP:

Rebellion

Wastelands

Castle Of Glass

Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow Of The Day/Iridescent

Joe Solo

Remember The Name

Welcome

I say drop Rebellion because we know they won't keep all of THP stuff in the set most likely and I'd rather have ALITS over Rebellion, even though I like Rebellion as a live song. Wastelands to me is kind of like the LGM of THP cycle, I think it will be dropped with the new cycle. Basically, I'd sacrifice both of those to keep ALITS around. Castle Of Glass, to me personally, has kind of run it's course. I don't think they liked how the studio version sounded when they debuted it in late 2012 and 2013 and that's why they opted for the M. Shinoda remix version in 2014. But I feel like that whole era is over now and it really doesn't do much for me, personally. I know some people like it, but keep in mind that this is just my opinion. Joe Solo is pure shit to me, I want it to go. Keep Robot Boy, that is cool, just not the Joe Solo. Remember The Name and Welcome should both go because they aren't even Linkin Park songs. I'd rather have rarer LP songs or maybe even a cover like Wish or My Own Summer over both of those.

ADD:

Half of the new album

When They Come For Me

Don't Stay
A Place For My Head

With the addition of new songs that they obviously will throw in, it doesn't leave much room to add other stuff from the old days. I want WTCFM back in the set full time because it's a fucking awesome song and a lot of people love it. The band also clearly was having fun playing it back in 2010-2012, you can tell by videos, etc. Don't Stay is a song that I highly doubt will ever come back, but I love that song and I've always loved how it sounded live, even after the Meteora cycle, it sounded great in 2007 to me, etc. It's highly unlikely that it will come back, just like NMS, IMO, but I would love to have it come back, even if it was rotated in different sets, etc. A Place For My Head is just a pure fan favorite and people love it. It's also badass live. Reason enough to bring it back full time, even if it's just the studio version being played.

KEEP:

Everything that's in the current set that I didn't say to drop. Lol. They're going to keep the big hits like ITE and Numb, etc., that's just the way it is. It makes sense because they want to play the big songs that everyone knows and I don't see why people have such issue with it. I'm not saying the whole set should be only singles but the biggest ones, like ITE, Numb, WID, those should stay. They're all under 4 minutes and it wouldn't make sense for LP to drop them. Drop the stuff like COG and Ballad Medley that are like 6 minutes long each or some of the other shit like the FM stuff because it's not even a LP song anyways over those.

Edited by Geki

Drop:
- New Divide

- Hybrid Theory non-singles tracks (HT is over played)
- Definitely the ballad medley
- Given Up
- COG experience

Bring back:
- NMS
- Songs from ATS (The catalyst!)
- Lost In the Echo
- Lying From You!

Please please please keep THP songs. I love all of them.

And of course I want to see lots of LP7 songs

This first part is going to be less of a list of what I want to see and more of what I expect to happen.

Drop:

• Points Of Authority - Hybrid Theory overload has to be over now that we're in album 7.
  • A Line In The Sand - I doubt the band will play this one ever again.
  • From The Inside - Will probably return as a wildcard later in the cycle, but I don't think it'll be present when the tour kicks off.
  • Runaway - LP stop pls
  • Wastelands - This one MIGHT stay, but I figure the only track they'll be keeping in the sets from THP is Final Masquerade.
  • Robot Boy / Other Interludes - Just won't fit into the setlist anymore
  • Remember The Name + Welcome - Welcome has a shot of staying in, but I think they're done with the solo aspect of the sets in this format.

Bring back/keep:

• Lost In The Echo - If this record is more poppy and more powerful lyrically, this song can fit into both sides nicely.
  • The Catalyst - ^
  • A Place For My Head - We'll bitch enough so that the song makes it into the set at some point.
  • MTM Rarities - MTM is the band's rawest album, and songs like In Pieces, TLTGYA, and even NRL could fit into the set. I can see Valentine's Day being performed if that band are feeling a little daring.
  • Rebellion - A couple European Festivals have SOAD playing with them, it's a simple formula

As for what I want...

Drop:

• New Divide / Burn It Down - we get that you need to have them, but at least rotate them.
  • Given Up - rotate with No More Sorrow or just get it out of the set altogether.
  • Ballad Medley - I doubt this'll go but it's really overstayed its welcome. Roads Untraveled could be a good replacement, or something from the new record that has a slow ballad feel.

Keep/Add:

• At least half of the record for 2017 shows. Debut a few more tracks as the cycle goes by like MTM and ATS.
  • No More Sorrow - see Given Up
  • Roads Untraveled / New Piano Ballad - see Ballad Medley

Drop:

• Salad Badly - kick it out or at least dismantle it to three songs rotation

• Runaway Shortened

• Wastelands

Bring back:

• No More Sorrow

• A Place For My Head

• The Little Things Give You Away - why not? they can throw the sleeping-pill-singles-medley and play one of the strongest songs in their catalogue

• When They Come For Me

Debut:

• I'll Be Gone

• White Noise - yeah I know it's not an official LP song blah blah blah, but if Chester can pull it live it may be great

Keep:

• Nothing that's not a "must have". Rotate between two or three setlists with at least 7-10 different songs. You're one of the most successful active rock acts right now so all you need is just to justify it.

Not sure:

* Rebellion - one of band's best songs but this one and Castle Of Glass shares the same spot when it comes to Mike's singing it live - One big NO. At least this what I thought when I heard the Spike Video Game Awards 2012 perfomance of Castle Of Glass, but every show Mike improved himself until the song became very nice song live (Rock in Rio 2015 for example, Mike's still struggling a bit there but it sounds a lot better). Now with Rebellion there's an improvement but not enough in my opinion (KROQ AAC 2014 vs. Rock On The Range 2015). I know Mike wasn't born a "natural" singer and the desicion he took back in 2007 to start singing both studio and live gets an A+ from me, and maybe I'm expecting more because it's such a great song, but it should sound better at this point.

Move:

• Bleed It Out - it's time to refresh the closer spot, this song's spot became so permanent that you can be 99% sure about seven things that are going to be at the show - this song as closer and the six band members.

Pointless to refer:

• In The End, Numb, What I've Done and New Divide will have a permanent spot on Linkin Park's setlist for eternity and I don't think there's any reason to drop these four songs. These songs sells tickects and a band who can sell tickets for shows is a band that will stay active longer. Take into consideration that these four maybe overplayed for someone who listen to the band's live recordings, but most of the people who listen to Linkin Park - even the ones who went to multiple shows - probably heard these ones not more than 10-20 times live all over the years.

Interesting thoughts. Especially when Skipees mentioned White Noise. It's not technically a LP song, but I enjoy it as one and consider as one of my favorite tracks by them ^^

Keeping this in mind, a setlist that could work for "heavy oriented" concerts (is some kind of "setlist of dreams", 'cause some songs won't be played or being debuted, but...)

1. LP #7 Instrumental

2. LP #7 New Song

3. Given Up/Keys to the Kingdom (rotating songs)

4. Papercut

5. Waiting for the End

6. LP #7 New Song

7. White Noise/Rebellion (rotating songs)

8. When They Come for Me/Wretches and Kings

9. LP # New Song

10. From the Inside/Faint (rotating songs)

11. Numb

12. Waiting for the End

13. LP #7 New Song (could rotate with another new song)

14. Roads Untraveled/Leave Out All the Rest (rotating songs)

15. Until It's Gone/The Catalyst (rotating songs)

16. LP #7 New Song

17. In the End (Ambient Intro)

18. Lost in the Echo (Holding Company Intro)

19. LP #7 New Song

20. Bleed It Out (with different song in the bridge) / The Little Things Give You Away (switch with OSC for a set closer)

21. A Place for My Head/No More Sorrow (rotating songs)

22. What I've Done (new solo bridge)

23. New Divide

24. One Step Closer (Reanimation Bridge and a new outro)

DROP:

• Rebellion - It might stick around for the European tour, since SOAD is playing with LP at a few dates, but it'll go after that.
  • Points of Authority - The song has really run its course. It was cool back in the MTM cycle, but now it's just kind of stale
  • A Line In The Sand - I love it, but there's no way in hell this sticks around for the next cycle.
  • From The Inside - This could kind of go either way. I'm leaning a bit more towards it going, though.
  • Runaway - Really? Just go. Seriously
  • Wastelands - Similar to From The Inside. I'm thinking the only THP song that will stick is Final Masquerade.
  • Robot Boy - I just don't see how this will fit in a new setlist.
  • Joe Solo - See Robot Boy
  • Darker Than Blood - Might not count, but it'll probably go
  • Remember The Name - Mike has no need to keep dedicating 6 minutes of the set to Fort Minor. This one was already superfluous in 2015, it'll be completely unnecessary next tour.
  • Welcome - Again, no need for it. It made sense back in 2015, since Mike released the song while LP was out on tour, but it's not needed anymore.

RETURN:

• No More Sorrow - The band really seemed to love this song, and it got the crowd hyped as fuck.
  • ANY OTHER NON-INTERLUDE ATS TRACK - Seriously. WFTE being the only full song to be played form A Thousand Suns is really bad. Bring back WTCFM or WAK or BITS or something.
  • Lost In The Echo - A single that is pretty energetic and the band seemed to love playing? I don't see why it was ever dropped.
Edited by SasstielExperience

I honestly think that they should add some heavy stuff, this would make sense because they are going to play at heavy music festivals such as Maximus Festival and HellFest. I don't know you guys but I'm starting to think that maybe their new album will be a heavy one because it's illogical to be part of heavy music festivals when your new stuff is mellow and slow.

I would love to see Bleed it Out as an opener that would be refreshing start it with a short drum solo and then album version.

Yes please!

A rock medley would be awesome too, including Bleed it out, No More Sorrow, Wastelands, etc

There's so much they can do to make the set more interesting.

I honestly think that they should add some heavy stuff, this would make sense because they are going to play at heavy music festivals such as Maximus Festival and HellFest. I don't know you guys but I'm starting to think that maybe their new album will be a heavy one because it's illogical to be part of heavy music festivals when your new stuff is mellow and slow.

Linkin Park and logic? Ehm... No.

Drop

• Ballad Medley - Like almost everybody. It's so much boring right now and it's a waste of space. Instead of this, they can add two other songs
  • Points Of Authority - Too much Hybrid Theory..
  • Runaway - ...
  • Castle Of Glass Experience - It's no longer needed
  • Robot Boy - Same
  • Joe Solo Medley - Same
  • New Divide - I'm doubt that they will drop this but.. It's boring already and Chester is weak in this song.
  • Darker Than Blood - Same as Solo, Robot Boy, COG..
  • Remember The Name and Welcome - Same as SasstielExperience wrote

Add

• More song from LP7 than usual
  • Roads Untraveled - It's not hard song to play. It could be good replace for Ballad Medley
  • The Catalyst
  • Burning In The Skies - I think that this song will fit very well to new songs
  • No More Sorrow
  • Lost In The Echo
  • In Pieces
Edited by Nisshin

I don't know why people want LP to drop Joe and Mike solos. I think that every member of the band has to have a proper solo so they can shine for a couple of minutes. So, Rob has a drum solo on Bleed It Out, Joe has a solo in the middle of the set and the same for Mike. I doubt that Brad could make a guitar solo since I don't think he likes that kind of stuff, and also I find his guitar solos very basic and boring.

The only problem with this is that none of the descriptions so far of the new music indicates a ''heavy album'' like THP was. The band has also played rock and metal festivals in the past and performed slower songs, etc. Download 2011 is a good example of this, it was during the A Thousand Suns cycle and they also still played a slower-ish type of set. LP is never going to be only slow songs, though, they'll always have all the old heavy songs of the past 6 albums that are all staples and big hits (maybe not EVERY song but some still remain in every set) and I'm sure there will be 1 or 2 songs on the new album that are more aggressive with screaming.