Linkin Park confirmed for Download Paris

RogueSoul

The tour dates keep coming! Linkin Park is returning to France!

The band has announced their headlining slot at Download Paris. The festival takes place between June 9 and 11 at Base Aérienne 217 in Brétigny-Sur-Orge, France. This should be a unique venue as it is a French army base. Other headliners include System Of A Down and Blink-182, with super group Prophets Of Rage also appearing on the bill. System Of A Down claims they are playing on the 10th, meaning Linkin Park will be on the 9th or 11th if this is true.

Download Paris is one of three festivals with the Download brand: the others are the original festival in England (where the band performed Hybrid Theory in its entirety for the first time ever in 2014) and the new edition in Madrid, Spain. Download UK announces their lineup Thursday. Linkin Park will likely NOT play Download Spain (June 23-24) due to being booked for Hurricane/Southside (June 23-25) and how unlikely it is for them to play three shows in a row.

This will be the first Linkin Park show in France since they headlined Paris in November 2014.

Who's ready? The band will be announcing more dates in the near future - we'll keep you covered.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are 3 festivals with the Download brand. There's another one in Madrid, Spain on June 23rd-24th (1st time this year) with SOAD as the only announced headliner.

LP and Blink are out of the poll for the other headliner as they play in Southside/Hurricane Festival in Germany.

So Download UK is the 9th to the 11th too? I don't think LP is big enough to headline normal Download anymore, since the festival said they'd pick another band to headline if LP didn't play HT in full. Since then, THP sold terribly and they had no big singles, so we can probably can count Download out.

Nope lp has to play the uk as they haven't for ages they can't leave uk out again. There is no festival in uk at that time they can play other then download and lp are fav to play download uk. Plus look at last year line up most bands that played download paris played the uk dosnload

Edited by HAARP

http://festileaks.com/2016/10/linkin-park-en-blink-182-naar-download-festival-paris/

Looks like Green Day is playing this festival too?

Hellfest in France is June 16-18. Linkin Park was leaked by a French radio DJ as a headliner for this festival. Hmm.
http://festileaks.com/2016/10/aerosmith-linkin-park-en-prophets-rage-naar-hellfest-2017/

http://festileaks.com/2016/10/linkin-park-en-blink-182-naar-download-festival-paris/

Looks like Green Day is playing this festival too?

I saw this yesterday also! But then the poster was away of their FB site.... maybe a fault of them^^

I also read that LP is a rumor at PinkPop in the Netherlands (3.-5. June)

If that will be right that will be the longest Euro summer tour since 2011^^

Edited by marzo23

I saw this yesterday also! But then the poster was away of their FB site.... maybe a fault of them^^

I also read that LP is a rumor at PinkPop in the Netherlands (3.-5. June)

If that will be right that will be the longest Euro summer tour since 2011^^

Pinkpop! :o

So Download UK is the 9th to the 11th too? I don't think LP is big enough to headline normal Download anymore, since the festival said they'd pick another band to headline if LP didn't play HT in full. Since then, THP sold terribly and they had no big singles, so we can probably can count Download out.

True. But Andy who books the festival loves them and has also said previously that they sell a lot of day tickets vs other bands, as people are loyal to the Download brand, most people go there every year regardless of the lineup, so booking LP is a great way to get extra ticket sales via day tickets.

However, the counter argument is, that there are so many bands in Europe and possibilities this year, that these three headline slots are more competitive than I have ever seen it in my 10 years of going to Download. Having played more than most other bands and played fairly recently it wouldn't be seen as a good booking by the Download faithful.

It would make more sense for them playing at the Paris one as this is a new festival and I suppose the band and management already have a relationship with the Download brand.

Although yet another counter argument to that, is Andy has said that Download Paris is booked by the Live nation France team and has nothing to do with him, so the booking teams are separate, he has maintained saying this, this year. So while they might be some cross over it's not 100%

Plus a lot of the expansion of the Download brand is down to Live nations purchase of Festival Republic, who run Reading and Leeds, after this purchase Live Nation put them in charge of the Download brand and all of Live nations festivals, which is why your seeing it branch to Paris and Madrid. So heck, maybe they could play Reading and Leeds instead?

There are 3 festivals with the Download brand. There's another one in Madrid, Spain on June 23rd-24th (1st time this year) with SOAD as the only announced headliner.

LP and Blink are out of the poll for the other headliner as they play in Southside/Hurricane Festival in Germany.

Do we have confirmation of what day they are playing though? Couldn't they just play on a different day? There is a still a day free, if they were to play three dates in a row.

Rammstein did that this year. They played Download UK, Download Paris and Pinkpop which were all happening the same weekend. Unlike LP to do this, but who knows?

Edited by Smarky

They scheduled 3 USA shows in a row for the canceled 2015 tour, but they rarely ever do that. What's weird is Brooklyn was the 3rd in a row....you'd think they'd have not booked it that way.

But that's much different than flying to different European countries. Very unlikely they play Download Spain. But Download UK is a possibility, sure.

They can play on Orange Warsaw Festival. This year festival was held in the beginning of June so this is likely that in 2017 will be similar.

Hopefully first announcements will be this month ;)

Edited by Nisshin

True. But Andy who books the festival loves them and has also said previously that they sell a lot of day tickets vs other bands, as people are loyal to the Download brand, most people go there every year regardless of the lineup, so booking LP is a great way to get extra ticket sales via day tickets.

However, the counter argument is, that there are so many bands in Europe and possibilities this year, that these three headline slots are more competitive than I have ever seen it in my 10 years of going to Download. Having played more than most other bands and played fairly recently it wouldn't be seen as a good booking by the Download faithful.

It would make more sense for them playing at the Paris one as this is a new festival and I suppose the band and management already have a relationship with the Download brand.

Although yet another counter argument to that, is Andy has said that Download Paris is booked by the Live nation France team and has nothing to do with him, so the booking teams are separate, he has maintained saying this, this year. So while they might be some cross over it's not 100%

Plus a lot of the expansion of the Download brand is down to Live nations purchase of Festival Republic, who run Reading and Leeds, after this purchase Live Nation put them in charge of the Download brand and all of Live nations festivals, which is why your seeing it branch to Paris and Madrid. So heck, maybe they could play Reading and Leeds instead?

Do we have confirmation of what day they are playing though? Couldn't they just play on a different day? There is a still a day free, if they were to play three dates in a row.

Rammstein did that this year. They played Download UK, Download Paris and Pinkpop which were all happening the same weekend. Unlike LP to do this, but who knows?

They won't play reading and leeds thats in august they won't stay over here that long they will probably be playing usa shows at that time then back over eu/uk in November for arena tour as they always do in winter