Fort Minor: 2015.06.29 - Los Angeles, CA (One Man Show)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I've got for a setlist + some notes:

01. Introduction (Remix)
02. Petrified (Ext. Intro)
03. In Stereo
04. It's Goin' Down
05. Dolla (Shortened, Mike on guitar - The guitar part Mike plays isn't anything close to the original The Ocean riff from Dolla, I THINK it might be mimicing the synth melody from In Stereo but I'm not totally sure)
06. Waiting For the End/Hands Held High (WFTE v1 > HHH v1 > HHH chorus > HHH v2, portions of the HHH synth melody were mixed in with the WFTE beat once HHH started)
07. Castle of Glass ("Re-remixed" version of M. Shinoda Remix from Recharged, shortened)
08. Kenji (Remix, beat features elements of Kenji and Castle of Glass remix)
09. Devil's Drop (Partially remixed w/added beat, Mike on guitar)
10. Cigarettes (Remix)
11. Until it Breaks (Shortened - no "Brad part" at end, Mike sings Chester's part, outro transition)
12. Where'd You Go (Remix, features portions of Until it Breaks beat mixed w/original Where'd You Go beat, sampled Holly Brook vocals on chorus w/Mike singing as well)
13. High Road (Mike sings chorus)
14. Believe Me (Remix, Mike raps Ryu's first verse, When They Come for Me v1 after first chorus)
15. Welcome
16. Remember the Name (Shortened)

Most of the songs that aren't shortened/remixed have slightly different arrangements than the originals, but nothing too drastic.

Yes, the guitar Mike plays is new. It's one of the new PRS S2 Singlecut Standards (pickguard + 4-knob configuration gives that away), looks like it's the McCarty Sunburst finish.

It looks really good, but I COG & Kenji should not be separated, you can hear that there's no transition, COG continues and Kenji goes on top of that, it's a mashup.

But the first COG Remix and the COG Remix played under Kenji are different, and the second remix is more suited around Kenji.

But the first COG Remix and the COG Remix played under Kenji are different, and the second remix is more suited around Kenji.

So what? the WFTE instrumental was also remixed and tailored to match HHH, the same thing happened with COG in order to make Kenji flow.

If we want to be accurate as fuck it's fact that COG/Kenji was a mashup.

It's like if you get the audio from the performance and you cut it in two pieces, it would sound weird as fuck, there's not a part where COG stops and suddenly another COG starts, it's just the same track dude.

Edited by LPJZ

What in the Kenji beat is from Kenji? It sounds like all Castle to me. I agree we should list it as COG/Kenji.

I think that in this mash-up, in addition to instrumental from COG remix, we can hear the guitar sample from Kenji. But I'm not sure...

What in the Kenji beat is from Kenji? It sounds like all Castle to me. I agree we should list it as COG/Kenji.

The guitar from Kenji is in there.

It's like if you get the audio from the performance and you cut it in two pieces, it would sound weird as fuck, there's not a part where COG stops and suddenly another COG starts, it's just the same track dude.

So should we change all the Linkin Park setlists from this touring cycle and list every instance of one song flowing into another as one song? That's really not a good reason. Once Kenji starts, the COG stuff becomes more of a backdrop, and there's a bunch of stuff that comes in with the Kenji portion that wasn't present in the "COG only" portion. Mike remixed the beats to just about everything in this show and nearly every song flowed into the next. You have to split the tracks up somewhere.

I think generally the printed setlist would be what we'd default to in a case like this, but I haven't seen one for the FM set.

The guitar from Kenji is in there.

So should we change all the Linkin Park setlists from this touring cycle and list every instance of one song flowing into another as one song? That's really not a good reason. Once Kenji starts, the COG stuff becomes more of a backdrop, and there's a bunch of stuff that comes in with the Kenji portion that wasn't present in the "COG only" portion. Mike remixed the beats to just about everything in this show and nearly every song flowed into the next. You have to split the tracks up somewhere.

I think generally the printed setlist would be what we'd default to in a case like this, but I haven't seen one for the FM set.

okay then we should separate Papercut/Lying From You from every set, WFTE/HHH and most of the BIO mashups.

So I can't discuss anything because i'm just a member? what the hell dude, don't lose your ground.

When did I say it had to do with you being a member? You're arguing something that's wrong, I get where you're coming from but you're saying the same thing again and again.

COG New Remix is fundamentally different than the COG Kenji. They are NOT the same song even though they transition into each other.

So I can't discuss anything because i'm just a member? what the hell dude, don't lose your ground.

I discuss shit with Dylan everyday even though I'm "just a member". I don't care how it's listed, personally. I can 100% see the reasoning for it being separate. It'd be like saying Dolla into WFTE/HHH is one big mashup.

okay then we should separate Papercut/Lying From You from every set, WFTE/HHH and most of the BIO mashups.

The only reason I'm NOT in favor of Papercut/LFY being separated is because it was listed as one song on the setlist. Otherwise, I'm completely with you on that one. Papercut (Shortened) > Lying from You (Shortened) IMO.

WFTE/HHH is a bit different than what happens with COG/Kenji, the beat stays the same the whole time on WFTE/HHH and there's minimal change to the backing track (there's a synth in there that mimics the synth from HHH, but it's actually one of the WFTE synths that's had the order of the notes chopped up to fit the melody).

The BIO mashups are just silly, those always incorporate music that's almost entirely based around BIO (APFMH and Sabotage are the only two major exceptions), and they always go back into BIO afterwards.

I don't like the way he changed the instrumentals :wacko: and neither the fact that all the instrumental isn't live. Loving the outro of cigarettes

Edited by mauriciokkp

I don't like the way he changed the instrumentals :wacko: . Loving the outro of cigarettes

Rappers hardly ever just play the regular album versions of their songs live, they remix everything. The original run of Fort Minor shows was really an anomaly.