LPTV: True Chainz

hahninator

The video made me curious, so is it actually Page singing the chorus or is he just singing on top of Mike's vocals?

Probably its just page singing in the video.Maybe they mixed it with Mike's Vocals afterwards.

About time! I'm glad they posted this video. Let's hope it becomes a trend. Like someone said, I also don't get why they record so much stuff in the studio and on tour and release like 1 % of it.

Maybe they'll release'em one by one after they retire ;) <_<

Edited by Paree

Actually, part that Page starts playing at 2:57 in video appears in final mix but it's ultra low volume. I've seen your covers and tab of this song and you didn't trancribed it nor played this part, so I would recommend for you to make update.

Literally the only thing Page plays in this entire video that I hear AT ALL in the final mix is the last sustained note with vibrato at the end of the guitar solo. There's a bunch of droning stuff in the outro that has Page's style all over it (which I did transcribe and cover), but it doesn't match up with what we see/hear in this particular video. I'm sure Page recorded multiple takes and what they ended up using in the final mix wasn't what they happened to show in the video. Not updating my tab because it's already correct.

I still don't get how people don't hear Page singing the chorus...have you people ever listened to a single Helmet song in your life? I didn't even notice Mike's voice was still in there until I heard the acapella.

Edited by Astat

I still don't get how people don't hear Page singing the chorus...have you people ever listened to a single Helmet song in your life? I didn't even notice Mike's voice was still in there until I heard the acapella.

THIS!

I could tell that Page was singing when I first heard it because I'd heard a few Helmet songs, but I didn't immediately notice Mike being blended in there until the listening party.

Paging Astat, does that PRS with the sweet brushed metal finish belong to Page? I know that Brad used a little bit of PRS on themalbum but a lot of it was with a Strat or an SG.

Honestly I totally get why the video is basically all about Paige, but I would have liked to see Mike recording a little, or at least heard part of the scat verse he mentioned in the beginning. I'm just glad we got anything though at this point.

this is some really cool LPTV. i was wondering when the band was going to release LPTV of the hunting party making of. page hamilton seems like a really cool guy and he seems like he had fun working on the song with the guys. brad seemed to be really into this song, i wonder why they never wanted to play it live.