LPU XIV Exclusive - Track by Track with Brad (Part 1)

Stranger

This information can go in the Song Info page, but do we do LPU songs there?

Yes.

It's interesting, Brad improvises pretty good but you can tell that he hasn't heard most of these demos before.

Same thing with LPU 12.

My favorite is: "This may be the first time I've ever heard this one!" (Asbestos)

Really, the only "relevant" information is that a lot of the scratches on the vinyls from the HT era are Joe saying stupid shit. He couldn't describe the tracks at all, just what happened in the eras of each demo. Not really worth watching, but a good insight for those who don't know the full picture.

Really, the only "relevant" information is that a lot of the scratches on the vinyls from the HT era are Joe saying stupid shit.

I mean, that's easy enough to figure out on your own if you just listen to Gas Station Breaks.

"I WOULD LIKE TO GO...TO GAS...STATIONNNNNNNNNNNNN"

"This is called the Dave S Beat". Really??

he just read the name, I don't think he heard it before.

This is weird, LPU site released only one chapter?

I assume that the LPU already uploaded all the parts and that someone guessed the links to the other parts.

he just read the name, I don't think he heard it before.

I assume that the LPU already uploaded all the parts and that someone guessed the links to the other parts.

Someone is really desperate and can't wait for the next friday, because he stole the whole video and all 3 parts are now up on youtube.

Not surprising these LPU videos are getting to Youtube :P

One of the coolest exclusives I've seen from the LPU. Who cares if he can't describe the tracks exactly, I'm sure 99% of the shit was just Mike in a studio by himself. And it wouldn't be that interesting, lol. Like "oh here's the....third instrumental and yeah I played with piano and drums on it." Brad's insight is cool and different for a change, but he does a great job with it IMO. I really like this.

Describing the technical aspects of instrumental after instrumental < Describing the mindset and state of the band circa the time the instrumentals were made.

It's funny that Brad hasn't heard some of these before, probably ever, but the insight on the band is pretty cool. Plus (and this is not sarcasm), I found Astat's track by track just as interesting as I would have if a member of LP wrote it. So yeah Brad's insight is a nice look at LPU 14 as well as the band in general.