Project: Unreleased demos with vocals

Skipees

Can you guys help me to collect all the demos with vocals that we know about?

I'll start with:

Demos of previously-released songs:

Pictureboard :P
Seriously, I think you could add Grecian to the list, even that wasn't finished after all. Also, probably I'm wrong, but doesn't have a version of In My Remains with Mike singing the verses?

Another one: Battle Axe, the Victmized demo, was intended to have gang vocals, as saw in Inside Living Things, doesn't?

Edited by kiq fLP

I guess you mean UNRELEASED demos with vocals

0:25 The Hunting Party Extended trailer (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNbiIkIWpZM) - Unknown title

Be Yourself/In Yourself (studio version)

Enth E Nd (Mikes HT verses)

My December feat. Team Sleep

Do you count demos of already existing songs, with same vocal track, but different instrumental track?

Is it limited only to LP or are DBS, FM and other side projects also allowed?

Chicken Basket and Fire In The City.

Check the "Song Info" thread. Mike said both had vocals.

Found Fire In The City, there's no mention of vocals under the Chicken Basket entry. Can you quote them both so I can link your post as the source (instead of a huge thread).

Also, probably I'm wrong, but doesn't have a version of In My Remains with Mike singing the verses?

Another one: Battle Axe, the Victmized demo, was intended to have gang vocals, as saw in Inside Living Things, doesn't?

Anyone here heard about these?

I guess you mean UNRELEASED demos with vocals

Enth E Nd (Mikes HT verses)

My December feat. Team Sleep

Yes, good point, fixed. Enth E Nd was in the list already. My December - No remixes here for now.

Do you count demos of already existing songs, with same vocal track, but different instrumental track?

Is it limited only to LP or are DBS, FM and other side projects also allowed?

Not for now.

Found Fire In The City, there's no mention of vocals under the Chicken Basket entry. Can you quote them both so I can link your post as the source (instead of a huge thread).

Anyone here heard about these?

About my "guesses", in Inside Living Things, at 5:15, you can hear a version of In My Remains with Mike singing the verses, probably a early demo before they recorded Chester vocals.

About Battle Axe, in the same video, at 11:18, you can see a paper with the demo lyrics. At 11:40, you can see the band, except Chester, rehearsing the first verse, in gang vocals, with some lyrical differences from the final version.

About Chicken Basket:

http://mikeshinoda.com/2009/10/17/three-updates/

"Its been a busy week. Studio every day, working on new stuff. This week, I did a song where the music sounds like Santogold (or Santigold, if you like) meets Postal Service meets At The Drive In or something. Very weirdbut even weirder, the vocals are crazyI asked our engineers what they thought it sounded like, and the responses I got were things like Peter Gabriel and Huey Lewis, in a really good way. Four-part harmonies that ebb and flow with the track. I feel like Im on drugs when Im listening to it. Its tentatively called Chicken Basket.

Another thing: what is the source for "In Yourself" studio version? I know that have one, but I really don't remember which is...

Edited by kiq fLP

Another thing: what is the source for "In Yourself" studio version? I know that have one, but I really don't remember which is...

I don't think we have any source for that, I think it's assumed that it exist.

I think we should write songs (or other things in the lists on the site) that we aren't entirely sure of, like this

About my "guesses", in Inside Living Things, at 5:15, you can hear a version of In My Remains with Mike singing the verses, probably a early demo before they recorded Chester vocals.

This is not a recording, he's just sitting there and singing (right?).

• 8 months later...

According to this discussion, the two seem to be unrelated: http://www.lpassociation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33946

The tracklisting of the Making of Minutes to Midnight seems to consider Grecian to be a Qwerty demo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Making_of_Minutes_to_Midnight

Don't believe Wikipedia.

Read about Qwerty here:

http://lplive.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=10406

You'll see they stopped working on Grecian to start Qwerty but the 2 songs are completely unrelated.

Are you guys sure that "Fire In The City" had vox?

Yep, someone (Brad or Mike I think) said in a Kerrang! interview something like "this track was so bad, it even had "fire in the city" words in chorus!" so Brad took bass and drums from FITC and added some elements and it became Given Up Edited by Tirea

Also, "Chicken Basket", "Grecian" and the Unknown Song from The Hunting Party shouldn't be in the first section of the topic instead of "Demos of previously-released songs"?

Definitely right, moved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Can you guys help me to collect all the demos with vocals that we know about?

I'll start with:

Demos of previously-released songs:

Has anybody also noticed that "I can't see through the fakeness" version of Figure.09? Makes me lead to a point where'd I'd say: Any sign of a 2nd demo on "Faint"? Also: Any actual demos on "Numb"? Or "Don't Stay"? Or "From The Inside"?

Has anybody also noticed that "I can't see through the fakeness" version of Figure.09? Makes me lead to a point where'd I'd say: Any sign of a 2nd demo on "Faint"? Also: Any actual demos on "Numb"? Or "Don't Stay"? Or "From The Inside"?

Don't Stay originally had a beat that sounded reggae, apparently. And I'm sure demo versions exist of all of those, of course. Every song that the band has released on main albums has a demo version. Some songs have like 30 demos just for that one song, like SIB or LOATR. BIO had 100 demos of it.

Don't Stay originally had a beat that sounded reggae, apparently. And I'm sure demo versions exist of all of those, of course. Every song that the band has released on main albums has a demo version. Some songs have like 30 demos just for that one song, like SIB or LOATR. BIO had 100 demos of it.

We need box sets with like 100+ songs each for each album someday. MTM deluxe box edition collectors set. MTM normal, MTM remastered, a full demos album (Wake through TLTGYA in demo form), another CD of random seeds, another CD of extra demos of the main songs, a CD with the bonus tracks, and another live show (Rock am Ring 2007).

Like, exactly what Metallica is doing. Look at their Justice box set, it's literally all of that. From the ones they've done already, Master Of Puppets gets like 5 tracks, etc. Imagine Bleed It Out with 6 demos released, haha. Hell I think Metallica is putting out three OR MORE shows per box set. Vinyl. 28 demo tracks.

https://www.metallica.com/store/and-justice-for-all-remastered-deluxe/REAJFADLX.html

I'd buy it all.