Nov 19 Berlin Show Set for Satellite Broadcast

hahninator

I was only talking about the HEVC codec which is not yet supported by every brand. It's a demo channel so no encryption.

It's basically just a huge marketing gag because it's the first UHD live concert broadcast but it doesnt really help anyone especially not the fans.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are searching for something to see the quality of the webcast/broadcast of this show, the last Muse DVD/BRD release was filmed with this 4K thing, the show at the Rome Olympic Stadium in Italy.

In Europe, many IMAX cinemas showed the concert. Unluckily, in my city we had to see it in "standard resolution" but the quality of the image was almost perfect.

I'm not sure either as Linkin Park hasn't promoted it at all. Only Warner Music Germany. Maybe Samsung thinks fans will see the announcement and buy the TV, which would happen to exactly zero people. All it's doing is creating a headache for us.

In case you guys didn't see it - we will host a webcast of this show a few days afterward (or maybe the day after the tour ends or something so everyone can see it and we don't exclude UK fans) for ALL Linkin Park fans. There's no sense in it being broadcasted with some insane restrictions on it.

In case you guys didn't see it - we will host a webcast of this show a few days afterward (or maybe the day after the tour ends or something so everyone can see it and we don't exclude UK fans) for ALL Linkin Park fans. There's no sense in it being broadcasted with some insane restrictions on it.

BTW, Justin.tv is no longer active, so LPL may have to find another website for their webstreams

I am really wondering how this is bringing in Samsung any sort of profit. I am sure no one is like "Oh look they are going to stream this concert, let's buy the TV you need to watch it!", so what's the sense behind it?

Material for demoing TVs in stores or presentations. Also I think 4k tv owners get a message about it when they start their TV so they will probably watch it to see their TV in action and afterwards they will tell their friends how awesome their TV is and what awesome stuff Samsung is doing. (kinda like adds for cars work)

It sucks that they have so many restrictions for the broadcast. Basically the only one that will make a profit out of it is Samsung. Barely ANY LP fans will be able to watch it. I really hope someone can record it, even though the odds don't look that good right now, considering the crazy amount of restrictions.

I'm not sure how I'd even get it my fam is looking at geting a 4k tv so might get one this week but how would I get show if it is available in uk

Use your dvbs2 receiver that is built into this TV to tune to the channel it's on. Free channel. If you have the TV it should be relatively easy to find it. Let us know if you do get that TV...that'd be a big help.