Nov 19 Berlin Show Set for Satellite Broadcast

hahninator

Getting the channel AND recording it is a whole different story. 4k TV is pretty unknown territory at this point. Yesterday I read that the channel blocks timeshift and recording with the receiver, what other ways to record it in 4k even exist?

Of course you can hook up a DVD recorder to it but recording the thing in actual 4k is the real challenge here.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting the channel AND recording it is a whole different story. 4k TV is pretty unknown territory at this point. Yesterday I read that the channel blocks timeshift and recording with the receiver, what other ways to record it in 4k even exist?

Of course you can hook up a DVD recorder to it but recording the thing in actual 4k is the real challenge here.

I asked some guys who know a lot about SAT tv and they told me a way to get this 4k concert

First A receiver that can get the stream.

Second Put the receiver's cable into a pcie DVB card on the computer.

Third Use a software called DVBviewer to save the stream on the hard disk.

And check this out.

http://www.hkepc.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=954196&extra=page%3D1

The point is that we need the Original sat ts stream,a big ts file transported from the sat.(Not the stream after decoded from the receiver to the tv,that is what the dvd recorder get.)

Sorry for my English but hope you can understand.

Edited by Vorist

^Sounds excessively complicated. I still think the best solution is the one I texted Mark earlier: We need to send Dmitry into space and have him hack into Samsung's satellite. We can totally make this happen in 3 days, right? Maybe a Kickstarter? :lol:

I'd dont fully understand why you need both the receiver and the card, unless there's no dvbs2 card yet that can do 4k.

Check this out

A guy getting 4k japanese tv stream by a dvb card

http://bbs.nfvdr.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=13065&highlight=4k

Account longzhuzgtaf

Password asdzxc123456

I cant use English to express it but you can take a look at that post