LPU XIV in November / New LPU Shirt

hahninator

I am pretty positive they edit some of the songs to remove vocals. You can't tell me Figure.09, A-Six, Asbestos, etc never had more vocals on them, lol. Brad in an LPU chat even said A-Six was the "just drag it out, remember" song in the Making Of Meteora. They kept the grunts on the bridge though. The fact that some of the LPU9 demos were edited before their release probably support that. Maybe they can't release too many songs with vocals for some reason.

It's good that we've only had 3 songs on LPU CDs that have been release prior to their LPU CD inclusion (Forgotten and Points demos and the WID Mike remix).

I've still never been able to hear anything that remotely resembles a "grunt" on the bridge of A-Six...there are no vocals of any kind on that track, whatsoever.

Never noticed that extra guitar/drum part in Points there in the middle. Cool.

The wiki doesn't explain the difference(s) between the WID Distorted Remix and the WID MS Remix.

Yes. This. Lots of new Linkin Park music.

The LPUX version of the WID remix has a shorter bridge (roughly 6 seconds shorter IIRC), and the guitar cuts out at the end of the quiet section that leads into the last chorus, where it doesn't on the original release.

As long as LPU XIV doesn't launch November 7th or earlier (which I'm sure it won't), I'm good. I actually had to let my membership lapse this year but I should be able to renew it next time I get paid...hopefully...

Edited by Astat

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They offer you:

- A CD full of mostly instrumental demos and maybe 1 or 2 songs with vocals, if lucky. Will be uploaded to a torrent immediately.

- M&G opportunities, but people who buy VIP concert tickets will still get more than you because they paid more.

- Exclusive LPU-TV episodes that end up on YouTube immediately.

- A shirt that sucks in comparison to LP shirts sold at Hot Topic, through LP.com, or other places.

- Cheap merchandise that easily breaks and once again sucks in comparison to merch sold at Hot Topic or LP.com

- Ability to ''cut the line'' and get in early, even though people who buy VIP concert tickets will get in before you, they paid more.

- Ability to buy tickets first, even though people who buy VIP will get the same chance as well as other promos, so you won't get pit.

- LPU chats with random weird people who work for the band, but no chats with actual members of the band.

+++++++++++++

-CD in jewel case/digipack is always OK. PVC sleeve is a dirty costs cut..

-M&G opportunities = IF you'll get a spot through RANDOM lottery

-LPUTV? I would call it LPU_30SEK_commercials, last few episodes are way better than the crap we got through past 4? years

-T-shirt? LPU3 and 13 are OK

-Merch like You said, waste of money. Maybe this time they'll add something cool people want.

-Early entry? For so many years in LPU i did not use this once lol Most of the time no EE at shows I attend...

-Chats? Like You said, random people and two recent band chats sucked big time. I miss the old text chats with lettaz.

-M&G - > 5-7 years back ok. Now? Rushed as fuck, always late (I mean why the fuck the band is always late? It's the frickin FANCLUB they should at least respect their FANCLUB and always be on time. Or a band member not present on the m&g? What the actual fuck? And photos? I believe they are doing this on purpose cause each time they do a show in Poland they fuck up the m&g photo...

AND I barely visit lpu.com forums WHY? Because it's a mess that's why. No staff to organise thecrap people post over and over again. Hell, LPL should be a guide how to actually run a stunning website with awesome forums. Seriously, few people manage (with the help of contributors) to run such a great lp resource. What's to manage on lpu? Just forums...

Edited by michalangelo

I've still never been able to hear anything that remotely resembles a "grunt" on the bridge of A-Six...there are no vocals of any kind on that track, whatsoever.

A-Six, 2:40 I've always understood that to be Chester going "oooooo". Is it a sample? I thought it was always vocals.

+++++++++++++

-CD in jewel case/digipack is always OK. PVC sleeve is a dirty costs cut..

-LPUTV? I would call it LPU_30SEK_commercials, last few episodes are way better than the crap we got through past 4? years

-T-shirt? LPU3 and 13 are OK

-Merch like You said, waste of money. Maybe this time they'll add something cool people want.

-Early entry? For so many years in LPU i did not use this once lol Most of the time no EE at shows I attend...

-Chats? Like You said, random people and two recent band chats sucked big time. I miss the old text chats with lettaz.

-M&G - > 5-7 years back ok. Now? Rushed as fuck, always late (I mean why the fuck the band is always late? It's the frickin FANCLUB they should at least respect their FANCLUB and always be on time. Or a band member not present on the m&g? What the actual fuck? And photos? I believe they are doing this on purpose cause each time they do a show in Poland they fuck up the m&g photo...

AND I barely visit lpu.com forums WHY? Because it's a mess that's why. No staff to organise thecrap people post over and over again. Hell, LPL should be a guide how to actually run a stunning website with awesome forums. Seriously, few people manage (with the help of contributors) to run such a great lp resource. What's to manage on lpu? Just forums...

I didn't mean to come across as big of an asshole as I did in that post, I'm just fed up with how the LPU is nowadays. I miss the old days. I wasn't even around for the beginning, but I can honestly say that the LPU was a lot better back when I joined and stuff. It started going downhill with LPUX when they switched the website around and got rid of the old forum, etc. I remember when I first joined the LPU back in 2005 and I paid 25 bucks, give or take a few bucks, and I got the whole package, plus a year membership online with benefits, etc. Now it's 60 bucks for the complete membership and you get the same stuff as you did back then except for a few new features like Summits, which you know have to pay for as well. Idk... I think Lorenzo is a good guy and he does all he can for the LPU, and the problem does not lie with him at all. I just hate the fact that VIP can get just as much as a LPU member or more just because they paid more money. I was really bummed out that I couldn't get a pit ticket for 4 different shows, even though I pay 60 bucks a year and tried to buy a ticket literally the second they went on sale.

Edited by Geki

Thank you for those of you that shared their true thoughts and concerns. I appreciate that and it helps me focus on things we can improve on. That is the best part about the LPU being re-launched every year, we learn and improve. We take your feedback very seriously, so again thank you for commenting here today.

I am happy that the band offers Meet & Greet opportunities for all fans, from the free LPU M&G via lottery, to the small small number of paid Meet & Greet packages that come with great seats to the show. We have something for everyone, and I think that is important.

I wrote a blog about this a few months ago. Those of you who expressed their thoughts, I encourage you to read it. Just know that an immense amount of time, passion, and energy goes into the LPU. Everything we do for the fans at LPU HQ is about the fans and no it's not about money.

http://lpunderground.com/users/lorenzo/blogs/5960501

The Johnny Cupcakes shirt comes with a 1 year membership to the LPU. Yes that counts for LPU14, and yes you can add onto your digital membership anytime by adding more LPU14 goodies like the music, and the package that will be sold a la carte in the LPU Store.

as always feel free to contact me directly anytime here: LPUHQ@LPUnderground.com

-Lorenzo / LPU HQ

Lorenzo, talk with Mike and see if we can get the ''thoughts that take away my pride'' demo from the Meteora era. B ) That would be the best thing ever. Either way, thank you for working as hard as you do with the LPU. I will definitely join LPU14, I have joined each year since 2005.

Edited by Geki

LPU has always been worth it if you live anywhere near LA. I got to go to the iheartradio THP release show and the Guitar Center 50th anniversary Wiltern show this year alone, and both were FREE.

The best thing the LPU has done recently though is the pre album release listening parties. I got to go the A Thousand Suns listening party at Warner Bros. Records and got to hear the record 2 weeks before it came out. That shit was amazing.

Can anyone who bought the LPU 13 package tell me if the mobile thingy was any good?

You know, the little attachment you connect to your phone to gain access to exclusive content.

What kind of content was it?

How much content over the year?

Was it worth it?

I didn't mean to come across as big of an asshole as I did in that post, I'm just fed up with how the LPU is nowadays. I miss the old days. I wasn't even around for the beginning (LPU1-LPU4) but I can honestly say that the LPU was a lot better back when I joined and stuff. It started going downhill with LPUX when they switched the website around and got rid of the old forum, etc. I remember when I first joined the LPU back in 2005 and I paid 25 bucks, give or take a few bucks, and I got the whole package, plus a year membership online with benefits, etc. Now it's 60 bucks for the complete membership and you get the same stuff as you did back then except for a few new features like Summits, which you know have to pay for as well. Idk... I think Lorenzo is a good guy and he does all he can for the LPU, and the problem does not lie with him at all. I just hate the fact that VIP can get just as much as a LPU member or more just because they paid more money. I was really bummed out that I couldn't get a pit ticket for 4 different shows, even though I pay 60 bucks a year and tried to buy a ticket literally the second they went on sale.

It's not that anyone is an asshole or something. It's just that when we pay heavy $ for something (international shipping prices are just stupid) we have some expectations right? It's also not about people working in the LPU. I know Lorenzo works his ass off, girls and guys on the tour too. There have to be some changes to how some things work down there. Everything is fixable, maybe they just dont want to do that? Lorenzo says:

Thank you for those of you that shared their true thoughts and concerns. I appreciate that and it helps me focus on things we can improve on. That is the best part about the LPU being re-launched every year, we learn and improve. We take your feedback very seriously, so again thank you for commenting here today.

Well to be honest I've seen people (myself included) talking (moaning?) for the past few years about some things in the LPU that should be changed, yet most of the things haven't. From what I've seen there is one new Chat mod (we all know who that attention "girl" is) for what? The chats always a mess anyways. Get back to the text chats or at least shut down the main chat window in video chats and bring back letters order. It worked great in the past why wouldn't it work now? Clean the forums. Rules there aren't kept at all. More intelligent people look for corresponding threads and post within that. I see "winners" who post new topic above existing one (really?) which answers their question or corresponds to their topic already. Nobody cares anymore..

There are hundreds of people like me, who just visit the forums for one or two threads they are involved in. Once in a while check the news, shop and that's all. It isn't the old lpu anymore for sure (LPU2-4, LPU 6-7) Like someone said, the whole thing got ruined during the transition to lpu8 :(

Edited by michalangelo

I am pretty positive they edit some of the songs to remove vocals. You can't tell me Figure.09, A-Six, Asbestos, etc never had more vocals on them, lol. Brad in an LPU chat even said A-Six was the "just drag it out, remember" song in the Making Of Meteora. They kept the grunts on the bridge though. The fact that some of the LPU9 demos were edited before their release probably support that. Maybe they can't release too many songs with vocals for some reason.

There's no evidence that vocals were removed from any of the tracks afterwards. Trimming tracks, adding fade-in/out is completely normal and doesn't require the original recording session so that doesn't support the hypothesis.

The suspected songs are on the same CD that has tracks with gibberish lyrics on Fear and Drum Song, why would they keep those and remove it from others? Doesn't make sense to me.

A-Six, 2:40 I've always understood that to be Chester going "oooooo". Is it a sample? I thought it was always vocals.

That never seemed like vocals to me.

- M&G's always have been random, what other system would you want? The longer you are a member, the higher are your chances? The system seems the most random and fair to me in a long time. Years back it was even harder to win and people that had trial memberships also won, that was unfair. If the chances are not good enough you can buy a M&G, that's for everyone who doesn't want to take chances. International shows have much higher numbers so of course it's harder to win.

- EE obviously works only for headline shows, which is not always the case in Europe but it definitely is on this upcoming European tour.

- I honestly think the M&G's are better than ever! the 2009 two members M&G's were truly the worst ones ever. I agree that them being late sucks, I don't know how often this happens but it was extremely bad at Rock am Ring for example when we had to wait over an hour... I really liked the M&G's at Carnivores, great photos and the band walking the line is so much better than the table thing. I've been going through a ton of the older M&G photos recently and have to admit that there are way to many bad group photos, I hope that they keep up the quality from Carnivores.

- M&G's always have been random, what other system would you want? The longer you are a member, the higher are your chances? The system seems the most random and fair to me in a long time. Years back it was even harder to win and people that had trial memberships also won, that was unfair. If the chances are not good enough you can buy a M&G, that's for everyone who doesn't want to take chances. International shows have much higher numbers so of course it's harder to win.

- EE obviously works only for headline shows, which is not always the case in Europe but it definitely is on this upcoming European tour.

- I honestly think the M&G's are better than ever! the 2009 two members M&G's were truly the worst ones ever. I agree that them being late sucks, I don't know how often this happens but it was extremely bad at Rock am Ring for example when we had to wait over an hour... I really liked the M&G's at Carnivores, great photos and the band walking the line is so much better than the table thing. I've been going through a ton of the older M&G photos recently and have to admit that there are way to many bad group photos, I hope that they keep up the quality from Carnivores.

-Have no idea, but one person getting in for almost every concert he attends isn't so random (or is it? Lucky bastard!). Just a thought :P

-It looks like there are different m&g's for US and EU for sure, I mean from the photos I've seen US m&g seems to be awesome, lot of chat going on etc. EU m&g on the other hand are like I said, late and then rushed. No photos! allowed during the m&g? I'm not talking about personal photos with LP, that should be obvious (not for some people who take a selfie anyways...) but regular photos when band members are at distance. Not a single one, you can't even have your cellphone out (with stupid security guy from the promoter, not LP staff, approaches You and politely says "get that in your pocket or i'll shove it up your anus" - true story) That's not the LPU from back in the day. And like I said before m&g is for some people a dream come true and they expect to have at least a good goup photo with the band. Well seems that they sometimes can't count on that :) Comparing US m&g photos to EU ones (Check out polish photos for an example) it's like water and sand...in your eye.

Can anyone who bought the LPU 13 package tell me if the mobile thingy was any good?

You know, the little attachment you connect to your phone to gain access to exclusive content.

What kind of content was it?

How much content over the year?

Was it worth it?

Well there were few exclusives for it + some LPU exclusives appeared on it earlier than for the other "non-plugair users" Not much content through the year though. It didn't work for me on any of the phones I have (almost factory clean Sony Ericcon Xperia smartphone, factory clean Samsung Galaxy one) Troubleshoting didn't help either so I just threw it back to the LPU stuff and closed the box. I don't think it was bad idea but on the other hand not everyone had the phone to work with it so it was kinda a waste of money for LPU to bring that kind of stuff to people. NEVER AGAIN.

Keep the LPU simple: T-shirt, CD in jewel case/digipack, Letter from the band and LPU newsletter, laminate and I think that's all. Reactivate LP Newscasters! Have LPUers more involved in something.

Edited by michalangelo

-Have no idea, but one person getting in for almost every concert he attends isn't so random (or is it? Lucky bastard!). Just a thought :P

-It looks like there are different m&g's for US and EU for sure, I mean from the photos I've seen US m&g seems to be awesome, lot of chat going on etc. EU m&g on the other hand are like I said, late and then rushed. No photos! allowed during the m&g? I'm not talking about personal photos with LP, that should be obvious (not for some people who take a selfie anyways...) but regular photos when band members are at distance. Not a single one, you can't even have your cellphone out (with stupid security guy from the promoter, not LP staff, approaches You and politely says "get that in your pocket or i'll shove it up your anus" - true story) That's not the LPU from back in the day. And like I said before m&g is for some people a dream come true and they expect to have at least a good goup photo with the band. Well seems that they sometimes can't count on that :) Comparing US m&g photos to EU ones (Check out polish photos for an example) it's like water and sand...in your eye.

The lottery system now is completely random which it wasn't apparently in the past.

As far as the official LPU M&G rules go, photos were always allowed, even video is now allowed, what local staff does is a different story apparently. But now that they take proper photos at the M&G's they ask everyone to refrain from taking photos or at least limit it. So that you focus on the event and not look like a paparazzi during the M&G. I completely agree with a good and high resolution group photo. At Carnivores they had a professional photographer, not some random person from the crew, I don't know if they take him to Europe or not but he was a nice guy and knew what he was doing.

I know that local staff can be dicks at shows but you can't blame the LPU for that.

From my understanding the M&G rules changed partially through Carnivores. In WPB we could take pics of the M&G. Preston reported a few shows later they were saying they'd "kick your ass out" (exact words from security, again, why are they such assholes?) if you took your phone out. I think that's ridiculous. Friends have gotten cool pics of me with the band and vice versa (just talking to them) that you normally would not have. This professional photographer does a good job but he can't cover everyone especially if fucking Brad and Joe decide to go the OPPOSITE way down the line at every show. Seems a little immature on their part.

Something I would really like to see is what Jonas proposed a few months ago. You can get 1 item signed or get 1 pic with a band member of your choice. I LOVE that. I've got so much signed stuff that it took me a full year to figure out what else I wanted signed after 2012.

I asked Chester for a selfie picture and he flat out told me no. I thought that sucked because in Europe An had one with Mike and the Russian fans had a TON of them from their shows. 1 pic is that hard? I didn't even get anything signed by him. This policy would be great for those who go to multiple m&g's or have met the band before.

And I agree the table system sucked and the line system is much better even with Brad and Joe being odd. The 2 person M&G was just awkward.

Something I would really like to see is what Jonas proposed a few months ago. You can get 1 item signed or get 1 pic with a band member of your choice. I LOVE that. I've got so much signed stuff that it took me a full year to figure out what else I wanted signed after 2012.

I asked Chester for a selfie picture and he flat out told me no. I thought that sucked because in Europe An had one with Mike and the Russian fans had a TON of them from their shows. 1 pic is that hard? I didn't even get anything signed by him. This policy would be great for those who go to multiple m&g's or have met the band before.

Agree! That's an awesome idea! It's always a question what to sign, atm there is nothing on my mind that I would give them to sign. I would love a photo with a bandmember instead :) One at one m&g that makes You look forward to another one and get a photo with next member in line. I assume Brad and Joe would be on the far end for a photo hah. And yeah they sometimes act immature.

Oh and seems I missed Lorenzo's post at lpu. Very, very good news then:

For example, we now will have a professional photographer and a brand new check-in process that will be stress free! In addition we will be creating an LPU Meet & Greet Video of your experience. That’s right, every LPU Meet & Greet will get it’s own LPU-TV Episode.

Now that's what I call a smart move. No more blurry photos! Thank God! And a m&g only video. Sweet! Let;s hope it'll be like 10 minute video or so and not 1 minute cutscenes..

Edited by michalangelo

Now that's what I call a smart move. No more blurry photos! Thank God! And a m&g only video. Sweet! Let;s hope it'll be like 10 minute video or so and not 1 minute cutscenes..

I doubt that enough happens for a 10 minute video haha.

Where are the videos of all the Carnivores M&G's anyway?

Yeah... I thought we were getting a video of our Meet & Greet? That's what it said. I am pretty sure Mark filmed me talking to Chester in Mansfield but I highly doubt that footage will ever surface. Lol. Still, a video from each show would be nice, Lorenzo was filming at them as well.

Well he (the new cameraman) can always do what Fiore did SOMETIMES in example interview people during the m&g and stuff. Imho easy to cover a 10min video.

I'm guessing the free year of LPU being offered with the shirt is going to be the basic digital membership i.e. the cheapest.

They haven't made that clear but it would be my guess

They did make it clear:

Each T-Shirt come with a 1 year digital membership to the LPU that can be used for 12 months from the day you redeem it. This can count as your LPU14 membership. Once LPU14 launches you will be have the option to upgrade your digital membership and purchase a LPU XIV Merchandise pack.
Edited by michalangelo

I joined the LPU recently, so that would be the first year I will be a member when the new edition launches, which I'm really excited for. The T- Shirt looks really cool, hopefully we will get some more cool merch. I'm very happy to hear the CD will have demos. I enjoyed the XIII demos very much, just hoping we'll get some more demos with vocals this year.

40 dollars for that shirt? no thanks it isn't even that awesome.

Lorenzo I know that you were part of the old school LPU... you know when things doesn't work that great you can go back to the basics, think about those moments when you were a member back in LPU 1-3.

PSA: NEVER CHANGE THE FORMAT OF THIS FORUM!

He said he joined LPU in 2004 that doesn't mean he was a part of the LPU team

Thanks again guys-

LPU14 will have a brand new forum. We also will be looking for additional moderators, so anyone here who is an active LPU member and is interested, lookout for that sign up soon.

Trust that we do read your comments and try and implement the right changes as fast as possible.

LPU-TV Meet & Greet video coming soon, we captured a TON of video but not every single night, It was just impossible.

I was an LPU member since LPU 3, and know the old websites very very well.

I encourage anyone that has suggestions, questions, thoughts to reach out to LPU HQ directly. We are an open door and are 100% available to listen, read, talk, to you guys anytime.

Can't wait to share LPU14 with you all.

-Lorenzo