Do Linkin Park really care about their fans?

Alexonlyalex

what do you think about linkin parks relation to the fans?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Choice

• They try to give their best and they are succesfull in it.
    • They try to give their best and they are not succesfull in it.
    • They care about us a little.
    • They don't care at all.
    • They've forgotten about us.

My oponion is that they are like tired of this all. I mean since 2 years they play almost the same setlist on live shows. A friend been on köln concert last year, he says like *0 conversation with the audience, seemed like they made their job and went to another concert*. Its even like they dont show any creativity less than don't take care of fans. Machine shop records is responsible to lpu. I guess they have just a bad management there.

My oponion is that they are like tired of this all. I mean since 2 years they play almost the same setlist on live shows. A friend been on köln concert last year, he says like *0 conversation with the audience, seemed like they made their job and went to another concert*. Its even like they dont show any creativity less than don't take care of fans. Machine shop records is responsible to lpu. I guess they have just a bad management there.

Same thing here - in Lithuania.

Only Mike and Phx were happy at Meet And Greet. Mike talked to audience few times and that's all. Still pretty happy with it.

i think they do care but also they get tired of fanatic people all time, i guess its cool when you start out since its new but after you sell 50 million records and your fan base is so big you cant really please everyone. I do think they can do more to interact with fans. Like whats stopping them from going on lpu and instead of just mike making a topic saying something important, to just chat with the people for a while.

I think Devon Townsend essentially ruined a lot of things when it comes to Linkin Park and the way they relate to their fans. It seemed that before that entire situation, they were all a lot more personable and accessible. It would make anyone ill at ease after dealing with what she put Chester and his family through.

It only takes one person to ruin a really good thing.

I think Devon Townsend essentially ruined a lot of things when it comes to Linkin Park and the way they relate to their fans. It seemed that before that entire situation, they were all a lot more personable and accessible. It would make anyone ill at ease after dealing with what she put Chester and his family through.

+1

now when you say that it does make a lot of sense.

i cant belive someone would do that to such a nice guy like chester.

How can you say that LP's been playing the same setlist for the last 2 years when they didn't routinely do any setlist rotating AT ALL until the summer of 2007? Their setlists are more varied now than they have ever been. They played a total of 35 different songs on the Minutes to Midnight touring cycle alone!

And this is just a theory, but LP's shows starting in mid-2007 were some of the longest concerts they've ever played, up to an hour and 40 minutes sometimes. Venues/cities have curfews, LP has to be off the stage by a certain time almost anywhere they play, and more talking between songs makes the show run even longer. I'd gladly take a 22-song setlist with zero talking over a 20-song setlist with a bunch of talking.

I'm not trying to diss LP or anything, but I voted they try to give their best but they don't succeed. I think they could be doing a lot more with the LPU, such as exclusive videos and pics every week, maybe a studio update once in a while. Also for 8.0 they should have put b-sides on the CD or at least made them available on the website. I mean, Crawling live and Lockjaw were nice gestures, but nearly everyone has a rip of Chris on Crawling and we heard pretty much all of Lockjaw in the protools video and people ripped the audio anyways. But I give them some effort for trying, although I think they used to be a lot better at it than they are now. I know bands that give a lot more.

I'd gladly take a 22-song setlist with zero talking over a 20-song setlist with a bunch of talking.

I wouldn't. I like shorter sets better because they don't get boring like LP's set. For example, the whole soft song part of the show. I'd rather a band have me leaving wanting more. Just my opinion though.

Edited by Geki

I think they are one of the nicest bands out there. I wouldn't want to be a part of any other bands scene. Just wouldn't be the same. An i personally think Mike especially, is probably the coolest/nicest most genuine guy in the music business, especially to his fans. Maybe they could do a little more here and there, but they are busy people and have been doing this for years, it might get a little tiresome after a while. I'm happy with the band anyways.

An here's a few reminders of why i think the above:

Lp Underground Tour (this was free wasn't it?)

Reanimation Audio (Xmas present for LPuers)

Meet & Greets at almost every show (can anyone name another band that does this?)

Always saying things like 'our fans are the best in the world'. Mike even mentions the LP & FM Fan Clubs in a song: Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix) 'what up to the Militia and the LPU' (i don't know of any other band doing that)

Just things that have made me think they're cool!

I wouldn't. I like shorter sets better because they don't get boring like LP's set. For example, the whole soft song part of the show. I'd rather a band have me leaving wanting more. Just my opinion though.

I agree. The slow songs do put a downer on the show. It's awesome though, when after playing loadsa slow songs, you hear the intro for No More Sorrow, From The Inside or Given Up etc...

An here's a few reminders of why i think the above:

Lp Underground Tour (this was free wasn't it?)

Reanimation Audio (Xmas present for LPuers)

Meet & Greets at almost every show (can anyone name another band that does this?)

Always saying things like 'our fans are the best in the world'. Mike even mentions the LP & FM Fan Clubs in a song: Nobody's Listening (Green Lantern Remix) 'what up to the Militia and the LPU' (i don't know of any other band doing that)

How I already wrote, metallica does even a lot of more for their fans and this since 1993.BUT I guess metallica shouldn't be an example because they're like fan'aholics, there are always any fans in backstage (through invitation), They played 3 private birthday shows (for metclubs members, through winning a contest) and they try to communicate with the community as the time and the family allows it.

Thats even not officially, they are doing it because they WANT to stay with their fans.(Metallica is on warner too)

I'm not trying to make LP bad, I love this band and I will be a fan till they stop making music, Im trying to understand why they're doesn't make anything special for their fans anymore. I mean without us they're nothing (and for some fans the other way around)

Edited by Yugialex

they do care...and warner dont keep as much of a close leash on metallica...a perfect example of this is how metalica are ALWAYS allowed to release there concerts, and warner didnt let LP wen they came to AUS.....

It wasn't Warner who specifically disallowed the release of the Australian shows, it was Warner Music Australia. They claimed that doing so would hurt regional album sales of Minutes to Midnight. Metallica also does their show releases in a substantially different manner than LP does.

It wasn't Warner who specifically disallowed the release of the Australian shows, it was Warner Music Australia. They claimed that doing so would hurt regional album sales of Minutes to Midnight. Metallica also does their show releases in a substantially different manner than LP does.

And Metallica also was not allowed to release their Australian shows. For their 2004 Madly In Anger World Tour, they played in New Zealand and Australia but Warner Music Australia prohibited them selling the shows, just like they prohibited LP from doing it.

LP's excuse for Europe was not this even though Pooch referenced it in a way. Some countries are stricter in Europe than others (see DSPs in the UK but just live CDs in Germany and France, etc), but LP couldn't do it last summer in Europe because of not having any time to mix the shows.

Sucks that we didn't get Australia, especially after they did multiple nights at a good amount of venues on that tour (damn). I'd love to hear the full show where Chester broke his wrist....