Do Linkin Park really care about their fans?

Alexonlyalex

what do you think about linkin parks relation to the fans?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Choice

• They try to give their best and they are succesfull in it.
    • They try to give their best and they are not succesfull in it.
    • They care about us a little.
    • They don't care at all.
    • They've forgotten about us.

I think they care about us but in the post they did more. They should bring back some audience contact on the concerts like in "Forgotten" or "It's going down". Last year in Hannover they didn't talk that much to the fans, would be cool if they'll joking around more in the future!

My oponion is that they are like tired of this all. I mean since 2 years they play almost the same setlist on live shows. A friend been on köln concert last year, he says like *0 conversation with the audience, seemed like they made their job and went to another concert*.

I think it depends of the period from the release of a new album.

Yesterday i watched an old show from 2003. And when i saw all the energy they did put in each of their words, i guessed it was from an early period of Meteora.

And yes, after looking the date, it was from the beginning of April (less than a month after the Meteora release).

Then you see that they put less energy with the time because it becames an automatism and they just do their job with less talking with the audience. Then they're ready to go to the next show...

It was the same thing when they were in Paris in May 2007 (a very few time after the MTM release), they're all have this fucking energy with the people and they were fucking happy to be there. And when i came back in Amneville in January 2008, there was 0 conversation and this show passed pretty quickly. It's the result of an automatism, that's too bad but that's life.

(sorry i came back with loads of words xD)

Oh and i voted the 2nd by the way.

Seriously, we go to the shows to see them perform and not for the talking. Of course it's part of the show but they say almost the same stuff anyway. I can only agree with Astat about the setlist part.

Of course making music is their job and passion, you can't expect them to be there for us fans every minute of their free time. Due to them being very well known they can't hang around with the fans like they used to, times changed.

Seriously, we go to the shows to see them perform and not for the talking. Of course it's part of the show but they say almost the same stuff anyway. I can only agree with Astat about the setlist part.

Of course making music is their job and passion, you can't expect them to be there for us fans every minute of their free time. Due to them being very well known they can't hang around with the fans like they used to, times changed.

PLUS ONE!!!!!

of course they care, and if you honestly pay 100 odd dollars just to see them talk you may as well just go see a comedian./...

...true, there should be more audience interaction, but it should be with things like in Faint from the Meteora world tour era (or atleast one show ive seen of it) where they pulled a guy up from the crowd to play faint... on guitar...more things like that would be awesome!!!

Why do understand everybody under *care* talking on stage? It's a part of it.

As I wrote this thread I thought about things like LPU, lp.com contests, about the support team of lp/lpu, Internet activities of other bandmembers, contact with the fans.

All these(for me, MY opinion) are not so good as they could be.

Edited by Yugialex

talking with the crowd belongs to a LIVE show, period. it won't even effect the length of the show like some of you are trying to make us believe. i think not talking to the people who came out to see you is disrespectful. personally i hate it if bands just play their songs and leave.

a little convo in between songs probably costs less than 1 minute each time and adds to the live atmosphere. it's actually something that made listening to old bootlegs worthwhile as the performance itself always sounded similar.

it comes with no big effort at all and is nice for those who spent their money.

just wanted to state that with no intention to actually answer the topics question.

yep i agree Trumtram, and this topic is about "linkin parks relation to the fans" and i think talking to people is a relation between the band and the fans. That's pretty important for me.

That belongs to 2 or 3% of the show, the rest is for their music performance.

Edited by Mawloo

How I already wrote, metallica does even a lot of more for their fans and this since 1993.BUT I guess metallica shouldn't be an example because they're like fan'aholics, there are always any fans in backstage (through invitation), They played 3 private birthday shows (for metclubs members, through winning a contest) and they try to communicate with the community as the time and the family allows it.

Thats even not officially, they are doing it because they WANT to stay with their fans.(Metallica is on warner too)

I'm not trying to make LP bad, I love this band and I will be a fan till they stop making music, Im trying to understand why they're doesn't make anything special for their fans anymore. I mean without us they're nothing (and for some fans the other way around)

Metallica is at the point where they are so powerful that Warner fears their dismissal...but compared to Metallica, LP is fresh, therefore WB has made them their bitch :(

People have to realize that it's not all about live. They don't treat their fans very well other ways either. Like b-sides...or more stuff released exclusive on the LPU. We haven't even got any new vids or photos from the new studio hardly, except for like 5 on Mike's blog.

Metallica is at the point where they are so powerful that Warner fears their dismissal...but compared to Metallica, LP is fresh, therefore WB has made them their bitch :(

Metallica's contract with WB has already ended i believe

but i wouldnt go as far as saying at LP becoming their bitch

have them by their balls seems more appropriate haha

• 1 month later...