THP Acapellas & Instrumentals to be released Aug 12

GlassCastles

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow and buy the album on iTunes. I was in no rush to download it early, seeing as how I really don't care about this album at all, so I will purchase it when it legally comes out in the US and I'll let you guys know. For those who have listened to the acapellas, are there any songs on the album where just Chester sings? Like without Mike doing background vocals?

Edited by Geki

Here's what I don't understand: why are the acapellas the same length as the instrumentals? In LT, the acapellas started immediately. For this album, a song like GATS for example has a minute and a half of dead air before the first line is sung.

First world problems I know, but seriously it's irritating lol.

Here's what I don't understand: why are the acapellas the same length as the instrumentals? In LT, the acapellas started immediately. For this album, a song like GATS for example has a minute and a half of dead air before the first line is sung.

First world problems I know, but seriously it's irritating lol.

I actually GREATLY prefer it this way, because then the acapella lines up perfectly with the instrumental. If you're using these for remixes, it saves you a lot of trouble with syncing the initial tracks up.

Good to know the MTG issue was just an isolated thing. I can personally deal with the little glitch in the AFN instrumental, but it's still annoying.

I'm just gonna wait until tomorrow and buy the album on iTunes. I was in no rush to download it early, seeing as how I really don't care about this album at all, so I will purchase it when it legally comes out in the US and I'll let you guys know. For those who have listened to the acapellas, are there any songs on the album where just Chester sings? Like without Mike doing background vocals?

All of the singing vocals on GATS, War, Wastelands, and Final Masquerade are Chester, as far as I can tell. Mike's backing vocals are all over pretty much every other song.

Also, you can clearly hear Mike doubling Page on the AFN chorus on the acapella. Kind of cool.

Edited by Astat

All of the singing vocals on GATS, War, Wastelands, and Final Masquerade are Chester, as far as I can tell. Mike's backing vocals are all over pretty much every other song.

I'm pretty sure Mike is doing backing on the second verse and the ending (the oohs) of Final Masquerade.

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

They cut all the transitions and stuff. EXCEPT the beginning of Wastelands. The most annoying one. lol

MTG doesn't sound complete without the ending effect.

The intro to Wastelands isn't a transition. It's part of the song, as played live too.

I love how they cut off all the baby noises and transitions. I want to get a version of the album without all that shit at the end of each song. Should be a piece of cake to make that.

It is better that way, but won't compare to the original, being MP3 only. Edited by Lonewolf818

There's some kind of a distortion effect over Chester's screams on the bridge of Rebellion. You can hear it clearly when he inhales.

It's some kind of effect that mimics the sound of singing into a fan. Like a super fast delay or tremolo effect mixed down... or something.

• 2 weeks later...