Seventh Album

Sonic

Going to do the indie electro pop record would be awkward indeed!
Knowing how the band function, they probably won't do a "The Hunting Party" part 2. Although, i would love them to take that path and experiment in that realm. Push rock music forward. Come up with something that makes people go "Ooh shit!!".

Brad fell in love with playing guitar again, Rob's super glad they're using live drums on this album again.

I forgot they wrote when they was on tour. I think that since they have a lot of experience in writing music, they had guests, they did 2 instrumentals (we already know that Drawbar took one day to make), some of THP parts was improvised, so it took less time.

Well, we know that GATS was the first piece of music that they ever wrote for the album, the riff at the beginning of the track. Then we saw the demo board in the LPTV teaser video, which was excluding a few of the songs. Mike said ''The Summoning'' was wrote at the end of the process to give the listener a break. Drawbar and Final Masquerade were the same song at one point, but when they were jamming with Morello, they decided to keep one of the jam sessions and put it on the album as a reminder of the time they had with him. Until It's Gone was made for Transformers in mind, but they ended up going with Imagine Dragons instead and I assume LP just threw it on the album anyways. Rebellion was written with Daron, no idea when they had him in the studio as far as timeframe goes. All For Nothing was already written and the band thought it sounded like Helmet when Mike sang the chorus so they figured why not have him come in and sing to pay tribute. Rakim came in late in the process I believe to do his verse on GATS . The rest of the songs on the album were the songs written in 2013 probably. Coffee, True Chainz, Warrior, Artillery, Plato, Drawbar and Odyssey.

Minutes To Midnight and The Hunting Party are the only albums that doesn't sound similar to another.

I kinda disagree here. In my opinion, MTM is the only Linkin Park record THP shares similarities with. Yeah, MTM is definitely a lot softer, but it's the only truly guitar-based record they had released before THP.

I think if they don't want to go back to electronic music for a little bit they can use LPU as an outlet for those types of demos. That being said I feel a more acoustic like album could be their next and only possible choice. Being that the band doesn't want to bore themselves or bore fans, they released so many different albums that they are running out of ideas. I think the screaming is going to come to an end. Chester proved he is still capable the past two albums, but his voice is starting to wear. Keys had an effect on the intro to mask the obvious cracks which CNN be heard throughout the other choruses.

An acoustic album after the statement of THP will be a little incoerent by the band (and disappointing for me).

Chester even if his voice is gettin weaker always want to give the 120% on the album. He will scream even with a weak voice if he wants to.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think their 7th album will appear at the end of 2016 or the beginning of 2017, and I really expect something they didn't make before.

A Latin jazz album would be excellent.

In all seriousness, though, I think something akin to ATS style stuff with some elements of LT and THP would be what I would want to hear for their seventh album.

Edited by CASTLEOFSASSEXPERIENCE

At this point in LP history, I have confidence in the band that whatever direction they go in with LP7. I am confident they will deliver.

EDIT: I just read that during the Texas Summit, someone asked Digby if LP will be doing another US tour. He said that he is on contract until the end of 2015 and that ''we won't be much older'' when the next US tour happens. So this means that LP is planning on touring until the end of 2015 on this album. I knew it would be a good touring cycle because they said they wanted to tour for a while on this album and incorporate all the songs, etc.

I think they will end THP cycle in 2015, write a new album in 2016, and then finish up and release the 7th album in 2017.

Edited by Geki