"The Mall" - 4 songs performed by Linkin Park

Stranger

You are correct in saying that but I am extremely confident that you can hear the intro to ''Warm Spell'' at the beginning of Inside Living Things. I can't link to it because it's official material, but if you have it, check it out.

At what point do you hear it?

And even if a clip from one of the movie songs is in Inside Living Things, it doesn't necessarily make it Warm Spell by default. We know Warm Spell was a Living Things demo, but we don't know if Ammosick was still in play during the Living Things sessions, or what period the track White Noise originates from. It could still be any of those 3 really.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might purchase a copy off of Amazon FR. I really want to see this movie, it's killing me. I will just watch it with English subtitles, if those are available on the DVD. On Wikipedia it says that the film got a straight to DVD release on June 18th, but there doesn't seem to be a place I can buy the English DVD or the 'American version' etc. Very odd.

According to Amazon.fr the French DVD and Bluray has an English audio track. The music we got is from from the google play version which only had french dub apparently.

Wow, even better! Thanks for the heads up man. I will probably buy it tomorrow. I'm more interested in the actual movie then the music at this point, since I assume we will be getting the songs eventually anyways.

Wow, even better! Thanks for the heads up man. I will probably buy it tomorrow. I'm more interested in the actual movie then the music at this point, since I assume we will be getting the songs eventually anyways.

Remember, EU DVDs may not function properly in a US DVD player. Region codes and NTSC stuff is designed to stop people buying films from overseas prior to "local" release dates.

I'm not sure how blu ray works but this is definitely something to bear in mind with a DVD version

Remember, EU DVDs may not function properly in a US DVD player. Region codes and NTSC stuff is designed to stop people buying films from overseas prior to "local" release dates.

I'm not sure how blu ray works but this is definitely something to bear in mind with a DVD version

I was planning on getting the Blu-Ray version.

Blurays have region codes too. North America and Europe don't share the same code. You might not be able to play it, if the region in your player can be changed it's usually limited to a certain number of times it can be done. No idea if such things as region free Bluray players exist like they do for DVD Players. There are ways to get around it if you play Blurays on your computer.

I'd not recommend it unless you are sure you'll be able to play it. Thanks LGraham for bringing that up, totally forgot about the region codes.

I decided not to buy it because of the region thing and I don't have an all region blu-ray player, way too much money for one of those. I guess I will have to wait until it's released in the US, which sucks, because it might not ever be released here.

• 2 months later...

LP just uploaded ''White Noise'' to YouTube on their channel. Such a good song. You can also hear how much different it sounds than what LPA originally posted, huge huge difference. Sounds better.

Edited by Geki

LP just uploaded ''White Noise'' to YouTube on their channel. Such a good song. You can also hear how much different it sounds than what LPA originally posted, huge huge difference. Sounds better.

Shame it's not the full song.

I think we'll get the music in its own release somehow.

I also think the songs precede the sessions for THP, or at least some of them do. Isn't Ammosick from the MTM era?

https://twitter.com/joehahnLP/status/248863523353030656

This picture is from September 2012 and is directly related to Mall music in my opinion.

Yeah, Ammosick is from the MTM era. It was also worked on during the ATS era and maybe even the LT era. Joe recently just did an interview about the music in Mall and he said that he picked 10 demos from LP's vault that were no longer being worked on and were fresh, or something like that. But yeah, you can definitely hear a bunch of unreleased LP stuff in Mall. White Noise, which was in the teaser trailer for THP, was used in the beginning of the film. Also, Ammosick was used towards the end, and another song called Warm Spell from the LT era was used about midway through the movie. Those all have vocals. You can also hear a lot of instrumental stuff throughout the movie that you can definitely tell is LP. At one point, you can hear the song ''Monday Milk'' or ''Milk'' from the ATS era, it's identical to the clip from Stagelight of it but it sounds more polished.

I think we'll get the music in its own release somehow.

I also think the songs precede the sessions for THP, or at least some of them do. Isn't Ammosick from the MTM era?

https://twitter.com/joehahnLP/status/248863523353030656

This picture is from September 2012 and is directly related to Mall music in my opinion.

Ammosick was an MTM/ATS demo that got rejected twice, Luna was one of the songs with samples included in Stagelight (meaning it's definitely LT or earlier), and Warm Spell was a demo title seen on a studio board during the LT sessions. Only White Noise was a previously-unknown track, and it still may date back a while. Ethan Mates' website mentions recording sessions for Mall as far back as October of 2012.

Ammosick was an MTM/ATS demo that got rejected twice, Luna was one of the songs with samples included in Stagelight (meaning it's definitely LT or earlier), and Warm Spell was a demo title seen on a studio board during the LT sessions. Only White Noise was a previously-unknown track, and it still may date back a while. Ethan Mates' website mentions recording sessions for Mall as far back as October of 2012.

Yes, and Vincent D. who is one of the characters and person who wanted to make this movie in the first place was actually at the Madison Square Garden show in 2011 and he said that he filmed the crowd and that the fans he saw were just like the people in this movie, or something to that effect. He then said he was in talks with Joe back then, so that means the idea for the movie must have been in 2011 or maybe even earlier.

Yes, and Vincent D. who is one of the characters and person who wanted to make this movie in the first place was actually at the Madison Square Garden show in 2011 and he said that he filmed the crowd and that the fans he saw were just like the people in this movie, or something to that effect. He then said he was in talks with Joe back then, so that means the idea for the movie must have been in 2011 or maybe even earlier.

Yep, it was initially reported that Joe would be directing Mall in the spring of 2011. I also don't get why people don't realize it's based on Eric Bogosian's book, as the very first news story that broke about it specifically said it was "a film adaptation of the Eric Bogosian novel of the same name." It's like the LP community latched on to "OMG Joe is directing a movie" and promptly forgot about everything else.

Hell yes. This is awesome. This is basically confirming that we are going to get an official release, maybe through iTunes. A lot of these songs that are used in Mall are actually pretty damn good, IMO. Plus it's always nice to have even more demos from LP. Maybe this means that LPU14 will also not contain any Mall songs, or maybe Mike is mixing and mastering them for LPU14, who knows. But this is cool, thanks for sharing, I wouldn't even have known because I never check Instagram stuff.