2014.06.01 - St. Petersburg, Russia - Petrovsky Stadium

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it, why the notes and the show notes have the same information?

the show notes should be about special things that happened in the show, right? why do we have to read the same thing twice?

just my 2 cents.

Notes: 14. Joe Solo Medley w/ Wretches And Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd

Show notes: - Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of 'Wretches And Kings', the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.

__

Notes:

17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Joe) w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition

Show notes: - Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the 'Skin To Bone' Nick Catchdubs remix from Recharged. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and the bridge of 'In My Remains'.

Maybe Putin.

I know JK had a few issues getting into the country and I did wonder but ..

They never really had huge European Tours before 2007. 2001 was in areas where the band was doing really well at the time, 2003's tours were short and 2004's tour was short. 2007 was the largest Euro Tour they've ever done and that one included Russia. I think it was simply due to the band touring the USA so much, the international tours weren't massive at the time (besides 3 nights in Tokyo, the Japan stuff, UK, etc). The band went where huge demand was (Download and Rock am Ring in 2004, for example). 2007 they finally made it to Russia because they had time.

.. I suppose they only really toured the US in a big way at the height of their popularity because they were certain of the ticket sales. They might have known they were popular in a lot of places but couldn't guarantee people through the gates.

What seems odd to me are occasions where the band have already had a massive show, then don't return for a while - the UK's MK Bowl/RTR show in '08, the 2 sold out nights at the O2 in '10, then no date on the LT tour.. and Mexico, wow, Mexico - the biggest date of their career that went un-matched for 6 years, then they don't return until 2012?

It's not under the band's control at all, and their are always other pressures but there are times when the band could make an easy kill but don't seem to do so

the show notes should be about special things that happened in the show, right? why do we have to read the same thing twice?

just my 2 cents.

[..]

because I'm sure that alot of guest users only look at a show page for a date they attended, they're not going to read a whole tour's schedule and it keeps our records complete. look at the DSP notes for the licensing issue with WJL in 10/11 - that's a pain in the ass but it has to be listed each time!

The goal of that on the show page was to explain the stuff in detail in the notes. The set notes just label what it was. COG experience version can't be explained in the setlist. I see what you mean about Joe and Mike's medleys though, I can remove those. We always list like APFMH over BIO, Wastelands over Runaway, etc, but the medleys can be taken off if you don't like it.

Sometimes the show notes contains extended version of the set notes, for you it looks the same but for others the extra information very useful. Especially if the show notes specify which parts was played (verse 1, verse 2, chorus, etc..), and/or in which form (sped-up, acapella, etc.) while the show notes aren't.

just my 2 cents.

It's been like this for a very long time. The show notes existed before the setlist notes. The space for the setlist notes was always very limited, we have some more space there now but the show notes offer more space to explain it way more specific and in greater detail.

TL;DR: setlist notes - short info. show notes - more detailed info.

EDIT: I just noticed the others explained it too, oh well haha

The goal of that on the show page was to explain the stuff in detail in the notes. The set notes just label what it was. COG experience version can't be explained in the setlist. I see what you mean about Joe and Mike's medleys though, I can remove those. We always list like APFMH over BIO, Wastelands over Runaway, etc, but the medleys can be taken off if you don't like it.

Unless you add the In My Remains sample to the set notes for MIke's solo, the Show Notes entry for it should stay.

Also, it's not the bridge of IMR that's used in the Mike medley, it's the keyboards/beat from the verses.

*Edit* Brad must have had some technical difficulties during this show, he was playing a PRS on Until It's Gone which is normally a song he plays a Strat on, and he used a Strat earlier in the show.

Edited by Astat

Brad seemed to be really ill. He just kind of stood at one place all the time and sometimes even sat down while playing it looked like. Bleed It Out was mostly played by Mike.

yeah it looks like it. I think he was not at the M&G. I saw two pictures of vinyls signed by the band there but both missed Brad's signature. Also some LPU'ers got pictures with every member except for Brad.

would be nice to have a nice download of the show

I'm already rip the videos and split it and convert it to mp3s; I don't collect AMT videos so don't ask me for that.

just give me a couple of days and I'll upjload (tommorrw I'll gonna be busy, so it'd be the day after at least)