2014.06.01 - St. Petersburg, Russia - Petrovsky Stadium

On June 1st, Linkin Park heads to Russia to perform the second show of their short seven show European Tour promoting The Hunting Party at St. Petersburg's Petrovsky Stadium. Since Linkin Park started performing in Russia in 2007, they have returned pretty regularly, performing there on the 2009 Summer Tour to promote New Divide, the A Thousand Suns World Tour, and the Living Things World Tour.

Linkin Park's first Russian show ever was on their 2007 Minutes To Midnight European Tour in St. Petersburg for the Tuborg Greenfest at New Arena. This show was paired with a Moscow performance the next day, which is what is happening again this year - the band will perform in Moscow on June 2nd. The first appearance in Russia was confirmed in 2006 by Mike while on tour with Fort Minor, who said that the band would be heading to Russia for their next album.

In 2009, Linkin Park returned to St. Petersburg for the Greenfest again, this time at Telebashnya Stadium. In terms of highlights, the 2009 show featured Mike rapping Hands Held High verse 1 acapella followed by verse 2 over the Krwlng intro to Crawling for the first time. Since St. Petersburg got a show in 2009, Moscow's turn was up next in 2011 (the next summer tour in Europe) and St. Petersburg was skipped on that tour. However, Linkin Park returned in 2012 to perform in Moscow and St. Petersburg both in 2012 with a Ukraine date sandwiched between them. St. Petersburg was the last show of the tour.

Combining the three Moscow shows (2007, 2011, and 2012), this will be the seventh show in Russia for Linkin Park in the past eight years! Not bad! This is their fourth show in St. Petersburg at the fourth different venue in the city for the band. Opening both Russia shows will be Animal ДжаZ.

Moving on, the short European Tour kicked off in Lisboa, Portugal at Rock In Rio on May 30th, which is ironically where the 2012 tour in Europe kicked off too. Linkin Park played the same set as Tucson, which was expected, and they will be carrying the same setlist through Europe until Download Festival closes the tour on June 14th - the show where Hybrid Theory will be performed in full. We will see the resurrection of By Myself, Forgotten, Pushing Me Away and Cure For The Itch at that show, and hopefully the other Hybrid Theory songs won't be shortened as they are now.

We were able to see the new setlist in full for the first time due to the webcast (download links coming soon for it all, by the way) and we also got to see a new stage design for the band, which looks partially inspired by the Muse towers on their Resistance World Tour in 2010. Only a few small things changed for the band at this show - one being Mike throwing CDs into the crowd on the outro of Runaway containing Wastelands, and the second being Steve Aoki coming out on A Light That Never Comes, but not "performing".

The next few shows will take the band through Russia, Poland, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and England before the tour ends in two weeks. While the new setlist is drastically different than what we are used to, it seems that the band is still getting used to playing it as Rock In Rio had a few hiccups during the show (notably Brad and Joe).

What do you all think of the new setlist so far? Do you like the shortened songs and the fact that LP is adding in a bunch of different songs to the setlist? Or would you rather see full songs? Do you like that they are playing three new songs off of the album instead of just two like they did for Living Things at first? And do you like the way the new songs come off live? What about the solo medleys for Mike and Joe?

Another question is - will we see another flash mob at this show?! Russia is home to some of the best Linkin Park flashmobs, with the 2012 shows having quite a few at those shows.

After this show, Linkin Park goes to Moscow the following day on June 2nd, before they have two off days before going to Poland. Find the full 2014 touring schedule here, including upcoming tour dates and past setlists played this year. We have updated both of the setlists for Tucson and Lisboa with the correct set notes (as complicated as they may be), so you can view those on the respective show pages.

Remember to send in your ticket stubs, wristbands, posters, passes, etc if you're seeing a show this tour! We've heard that Rock am Ring MIGHT be webcasted - hopefully we will learn more about that soon (the show is on June 7th). Our opinion is that more webcasts will occur for the band now that the DSPs (Digital Souvenir Packages) are gone/not being sold anymore, but that's just speculation on our part. If you're headed to a show in Russia, have fun and let us know how it goes!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Тут можно и по-русски настрочить)

Аааа. Зачем по-русски то? XD

I hope that Mark will film the flashmobs. Maybe we should let him know when to be ready?

Doors open at 20:00 local Russia time (18:00 CEST, 12:00 EDT, 9:00 PDT). Don't know what is the exact time the show starts. I'm really hoping they will change the setlist just a bit (drop a couple of songs, add others..). I really want to see them bring back APFMH!

If it's the same set until Download I won't do a live-updated setlist post until then :P I have to leave for a haircut in a few minutes anyway.

Date: June 1, 2014

Venue: Petrovsky Stadium, Moscow, RU

Setlist:
1. The Catalyst / The Requiem (Mashup Intro)
2. Guilty All The Same
3. Given Up (False Start; Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)
4. Points Of Authority (Shortened Intro)
5. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)
6. Blackout (Shortened (Intro and Partial Outro Instrumental Only); Ext. Papercut Beat Outro Transition)
7. Papercut (Shortened (No First Chorus, Second Verse or Second Chorus))
8. With You (Shortened (No First Chorus or Second Verse))
9. Runaway (Shortened (Intro/First Verse/Chorus Only); Ext. Outro Transition)
10. Wastelands
11. Castle Of Glass (Experience Version; Piano Transition Outro)
12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)
13. Robot Boy (Shortened (Intro, Synth Bridge, and Ending Instrumental Only))
14. Joe Solo Medley (w/ Wretches and Kings, Victimized Remix, Buy Myself, Cure For The Itch, Session, Plc.4 Mie Hæd)
15. Burn It Down
16. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ Until It Breaks Verse 2; Wall Of Noise Outro)
17. Mike Solo Medley (w/ Wretches And Kings, Remember The Name, Skin To Bone Remix; Ext. Outro Transition)
18. Numb (Numb/Encore Intro/Outro + Verse 1 Guitar)
19. In The End
20. Faint (Ext. Outro)
----------------------------------------------------
21. Until It's Gone (Ext. The Catalyst + New Divide + No More Sorrow Mashup Intro; Ext. Outro Transition)
22. A Light That Never Comes (Shortened (No Second Verse, Second Chorus, or Bridge))
23. Lost In The Echo (Shortened (No Second Verse or Second Chorus); Drum Transition Outro)
24. Crawling (Shortened; w/ Faster Tempo)
25. New Divide (Shortened (No Second Verse of Second Chorus))
26. What I've Done (Short Ext. Intro; Ext. Guitar Solo Bridge)
27. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ Drum Solo + The Catalyst Refrain; Ext. Ending)
Show Notes:
- 'Castle Of Glass' (labeled the "Experience Version") was a mashup of the album version with Mike's Recharged remix. Only the intro/first verse came from the album version before it went into the remix portion of the song.
- Joe's solo portion of the show featured parts of the 'Victimized' M. Shinoda remix from Recharged, 'Session', 'Buy Myself' (Marilyn Manson Remix), 'Cure For the Itch', and 'Plc.4 Mie Haed' from Reanimation.
- Mike's solo portion of the show featured the first verse of 'Wretches And Kings', a sped up chorus of 'Remember The Name' (by Fort Minor), and Mike's verse from the 'Skin To Bone' Nick Catchdubs remix from Recharged. The instrumental of the medley incorporated part of 'Wretches And Kings', part of the 'Skin To Bone' remix, part of 'Remember The Name', and the bridge of 'In My Remains'. The first Hip Hop Medley for Linkin Park was in 2004 with 'Step Up/Nobody's Listening/It's Goin' Down'. Joe also assisted with the Mike solo medley (the only other member of the band on stage).
Other Notes:
-
Edited by Søuł

1.What do you all think of the new setlist so far?

2.Do you like the shortened songs and the fact that LP is adding in a bunch of different songs to the setlist?

3.Or would you rather see full songs?

4.Do you like that they are playing three new songs off of the album instead of just two like they did for Living Things at first?

5.And do you like the way the new songs come off live?

6.What about the solo medleys for Mike and Joe?

1. Nice, but I don't like the ATS intros like Robot Boy, The Catalyst/Requiem and Blackout.

2. Shortened songs are ok, except Papercut...What? LP is adding in a bunch of different songs to the setlist? Are you kidding me? Wow :| they added Robot Boy, The Catalyst/Requiem and Blackout intros :| And longer encore break :|

3.If they wouldn't have Robot Boy, The Catalyst/Requiem and Blackout intros and longer encore break, they yes

4.No, we already know 3 songs which is 1/4 off the album, it's way too much before the album release, 2 singles and one other song is too much. 2 songs, one single and one other would be the best option.

5. Yes, except the technical difficulties with the new gear.

6. I like them, but they should be one big medley in my opinion.

I don't expect much change at all in the set, except for Download, before Carnivores. I think when they come back to the state and have a month or so off, they will add some more tracks from THP into the set because the album will be out by then. This is obvious. But the question is, what songs will be cut for new songs? In 2012 they cut stuff like Runaway and Blackout for LT songs.

Linkin Park's first Russian show ever was on their 2007 Minutes To Midnight European Tour

does anyone know why it took them this long to decide to include Russia in the tour schedule? seems like a big gap considering how often they go there nowadays.

does anyone know why it took them this long to decide to include Russia in the tour schedule? seems like a big gap considering how often they go there nowadays.

Maybe Putin.

They never really had huge European Tours before 2007. 2001 was in areas where the band was doing really well at the time, 2003's tours were short and 2004's tour was short. 2007 was the largest Euro Tour they've ever done and that one included Russia. I think it was simply due to the band touring the USA so much, the international tours weren't massive at the time (besides 3 nights in Tokyo, the Japan stuff, UK, etc). The band went where huge demand was (Download and Rock am Ring in 2004, for example). 2007 they finally made it to Russia because they had time.