2014.05.30 - Lisboa, Portugal - Rock In Rio VI

On May 30th, Linkin Park kicks off their short nine-show European Tour by headlining the popular Rock In Rio in Lisboa, Portugal. Sound familiar? It might, because if you've been with us for the past few years, you'll know that the 2012 European Tour kicked off at Rock In Rio as well! Linkin Park played the festival for the first time in 2008 for the second show of the 2008 European Tour. In 2007, LP performed before Pearl Jam at Oeiras Alive! in Lisboa and stuck around to watch the Pearl Jam set on the side of the stage. The last show of the 2003 European Tour (canceled in June; made up in September) was at Lisboa's Pavilhão Atlântico (the first Linkin Park show in Portugal) and the last show in Europe in 2004 was at Super Bock Super Rock in Lisboa, where Korn, Muse, and Static-X opened for the band. Not bad, eh?

The only other city Linkin Park has performed in Portugal was Portimao in 2009, when they performed at a racetrack for Rock One for the last show in Europe in 2009. This will be LP's sixth show in Lisboa and seventh show in Portugal. Anyway, what do both of the last two shows in Lisboa have in common? They both debuted new setlists for the band! 2008's Set Y and 2012's Festival Set were debuted in Lisboa, coincidentally.

The band's show in Tucson, AZ on May 24th resulted in quite a different setlist than what we are used to. Linkin Park divided the show into three "acts", which indicates to us that the last portion of the setlist will be used as an encore at the headlining, non-festival shows. Songs were mashed up, new medleys were debuted, Joe and Mike both got a "solo" portion of the show for the first time, and many songs were shortened. New intros and outros were added as well, and Guilty All The Same, Until It's Gone and Wastelands all received their live debuts. All of this combined resulted in the LARGEST show page we have ever had for a Linkin Park show on the site. A huge shoutout goes to Astat for helping us figure out how to list the (complicated) setlist - we are pretty confident on what we have for Tucson and will stick with that for the upcoming shows.

We don't expect Rock In Rio 2014 to feature a new setlist, though. With the band only doing eight shows in Europe before Download and the set having so many transitions and mashups/medleys, we think they will use the Tucson setlist again. It is possible, though, that something will change and that we are wrong. We'll just have to follow the tour to find out! Whatever show that By Myself and Forgotten are performed at...they will be the largest "liberations" that the band has ever done. Here's the stats for those remaining Hybrid Theory songs:

Forgotten (Last played Feb 24, 2002)

By Myself (Last played Oct 29, 2003)

Pushing Me Away (Last played Aug 21, 2008)

Cure For The Itch (Last played Aug 30, 2011; remixed)

Performing before the band at this festival are Queens Of The Stone Age and Capital Inicial, with Steve Aoki playing after the LP set, so you can expect some sort of A Light That Never Comes collaboration in his set. The full lineup can be viewed here.

Lisboa is known for it's recent, excellent broadcasts of the concerts and the last three shows by Linkin Park there have resulted in full, proshot videos of the performances that were both webcasted and shown on television by SIC Radical. There was a bit of a scare in 2012 as the station didn't get permission to show the LP set until just an hour before the band took the stage. However, 2014 will be no exception as SIC Radical has already obtained permission from the band to air the show and has confirmed the broadcast on their Facebook page.

Rock In Rio 2014 Webcast Information

Time: 22:30 local time (Lisboa is in Western European Summer Time) / 23:30 CEST (Germany, etc) / 5:30pm EST / 2:30pm PST

*Calculate your time zone here, use "WEST" and then yours)

Links:

Just to make it clear, there are a few streams:

US: https://www.youtube....h?v=E-dCpkxeheI

Brazil: https://www.youtube....h?v=PRBVBUt_YHo

Portugal: http://rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt.

Rest of the world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dtUFeD7tn4

Once a DVD of this show pops up, we will post about it and let you know as always. There will also be a few people recording select European Tour shows as the band is not doing its DSP (Digital Souvenir Package) program anymore. We will also be linking up those recordings to download as soon as they become available! We'd like to thank everyone who records the LP shows and shares them!

After this show, the band goes to Russia for two headline shows in St. Petersburg and Moscow on June 1st and 2nd. Six shows follow throughout Europe after that. For the list of 2014 tour dates and where the band will be playing, check out our 2014 tour page here.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how they always get the permission to broadcast the show lol

Very excited for the show. I'm hoping for the same set as Tucson. No need to change anything imo except maybe add Forgotten or By Myself ;)

I wonder how they always get the permission to broadcast the show lol

Very excited for the show. I'm hoping for the same set as Tucson. No need to change anything imo except maybe add Forgotten or By Myself ;)

I think they must pay huge money. I don't think Rock Am Ring or Download or anyone else wants to pay that kind of money to broadcast the show.

I bet By Myself and Forgotten are only played once on this tour. Maybe they'll stick around for Carnivores if they want to make each of the three setlists really unique.

Got this one up a bit earlier than usual due to so many people wanting information on the webcast. SIC Radical confirmed it yesterday. Can't wait! I watched 2008 and 2012 live...forgot if I watched 2007? Nick? Let's jam.

Got this one up a bit earlier than usual due to so many people wanting information on the webcast. SIC Radical confirmed it yesterday. Can't wait! I watched 2008 and 2012 live...forgot if I watched 2007? Nick? Let's jam.

i think it's not early... the concert is already in 2 days :D :P So it's always the right way :D

BTW, the Stream will be on Youtube too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6e4SzXP5ZxY

EDIT: I don't know if this is an official Stream, but correct me if I'm wrong

I believe it's the official Rock in Rio channel. Can't wait for the show! I would expect the band to play a new set, if the Tuscon one wasn't so complicated. I believe they will play the same one, but who knows.

Great news post. So 5:30 EST is when LP will go on for me. Can't wait. Having a good quality recording of the Tucson set (most likely) will be awesome to have. Watched the webcast in 2008 (I remember the night well) and I also watched it in 2012 (I remember that day well too).

Edited by Geki

I can't wait to hear GATS, UIG and Wasteland in HQ, and all those new intros, medley and vinterlude as well (if they played Tucson's set)

Anyway, I've something to ask to anyone being able to go:

I''m going to Milan's show and I want to know what kind of merch stuff did they sell this time (T-Shirt, Hoodies, etc..)

I know that they sell a logo baseball's cap which is cost around 30€, but I didn't found any info for trhe rest.

I hope someone could tell me the price anmake pictures of the merch booth.

thanks to anyone that they can contribute

Looks like I'll miss the broadcast - I'll be in my train to Moscow for the LP show at that time. Hope there will be a good record, like in 2012...

me too;
starting at 23:30 it's too late;
I'll watch the day after when itì'll be avaiable

Edited by stich

We did watch this one Mark on mIRC. That was by time we also watch Metallica, Incubus, and more bands at different shows.

Edited by Joe_lp