LPU XIII Released!

hahninator

So the Apaches intro isn't Apaches at all but only Foot Patrol?

This bugs me more than it should..

They probably just referred to the "joined" demos as Apaches prior to the song getting its final title.

Also, they only referred to the live WFTE intro as "Apaches intro" at the beginning of the Living Things cycle. Their more recent setlists just call it "U.I.B. intro."

I'll do a CD review soon. I wonder if Cumulus has David Campbell strings on it?

Pretty sure those aren't live strings.

Also, I got around to comparing Universe with Resurrection. They're ALMOST the same, but Resurrection is about 10 seconds longer. They extended it by an extra 4 bars during Lupe's verse. Some of the volume levels on the instrumental sound different too, the guitar is REALLY clear when it first comes in during the second chorus on Universe, but it's practically impossible to hear at that point on Resurrection, it's really only noticeable during the outro on that version.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that the track "Universe" is the instrumental for Resurrection by Kenna and Lupe Fiasco which was released as part of Donwload to Donate for Haiti?

You can listen to it

We know this and it's also not just the instrumental, there are some changes.

So what was the first PlugAir release? Does anyone know?

just curious

Dunno, for some reason, the app says that my device is not supported, even though Galaxy SII and newer is listed on site under supported devices, and I have both SGS2 and SGS4 Active, and none of them work.

No idea what the first PlugAir release was, but it was within a couple weeks of LPU 13 launching. I remember hearing Lorenzo mention it somewhere, but there was never a news release about it. That's the impression I got from it all along, that the burden is on the user to periodically check back for new content. Seems like they're going very "guerrilla marketing" with this project's content.

I haven't listened to much else besides Basquiat, Pretty Birdy and Cumulus from this CD but I wanted to point out that 3:46 of Primo when Chester's vocals come in.... He has that super soft delivery that really catches your attention, very similar to the bridge of When They Come For Me the first time I heard it. Very cool. Check out WTCFM at 2:53, the electronic stuff hits exactly like it does in Primo too....lots of similarities there in my opinion.

I 100% like Primo much more than I'LL BE GONE. I feel like Primo could have fit in somewhere on ATS... maybe after Iridescent. It's a great song. It's a full minute longer than anything on the album besides The Catalyst, which has a length that is just shorter than Primo. Was it the song length that scared them away from it, do you think? The album would clock in at 53 minutes too. It just seems so ATS-ish to me that redoing it and adding it to LT really took away from the demo to me.

I just got my LPU13 package in the mail today. For some reason, the package this year seems like it isn't as much. I know it's pretty much what we usually get. I just feel a little unsatisfied after purchasing the 60 dollar all-in-one package. The shirt is pretty cool but it's tight. I still like it a lot though, I will definitely be wearing it to an outdoor LP show in the future, it seems perfect for a hot summer day. The poster is pretty badass. I like the artwork, but it's a very small poster and I don't like how the portraits of the band are from years ago and not recent pics of the band. Kind of odd. The PlugAir thing seems a little stupid to me. I downloaded the PlugAir app and I keep getting an error every time it tries to read my LPU Plug Air. The CD case is ultra cheap, just a very cheap plastic sleeve that doesn't even hold the CD in place and a very low quality paper booklet. I am not a fan of the design on the lanyard this year either. I don't know. I hate being the only one to complain about LPU13 but I feel like the package for every other year so far has been better and I've been a member since 3.0 so that goes a long way back.

As far as the online website goes, it seems pretty decent. I didn't like the website design for LPU12 at all so I am happy that this design is a lot more cleaned up. I do wish we could get some more LPUTV episode but that is ultimately up to Mark Fiore anyways. The forum of coarse is atrocious but it has been like that ever since LPU9 I believe. I don't even remember when the old forum was used but I can remember it from 2008 so I think it was 2009 that they changed it. Either that or it was 2010. Anyways, not much more to say. As far as the CD goes, I rarely listen to it honestly. It's been out since November of last year and it hasn't really grown on me. Past LPU albums have been better IMO. I do like Primo and Cumulus a lot but the rest are 'meh'. It also bugs me that the Ryan Giles and Beta States songs are on the actual CD for some reason. I like the whole 10 song demo CD thing we get each year and I don't like it being on the physical CD, I think they should have just been downloadable mp3's from the site similar to when they released stuff like Crawling during LPU8 or Morning After during LPU9.

I'll reply about my thoughts on the quality of the package after receiving it (I have it but I'll type it up another day) but I do listen to Basquiat, Cumulus, Pretty Birdy and Primo 100x more than any other songs on any LPU CD since LPU 9. I have given it a few months and I am still listening to those 4 REGULARLY and that says something for me. On LPU 9, Across The Line, A-Six, etc were going for months but with 10, 11 and 12 I never found any songs I consistently listened to for months after that. LPU XIII has definitely changed that finally. We got some GREAT demos here (why the fuck is Cumulus not on an album).

Wow, really? LPUX was my favorite LPU release since 9 by far. Unfortunate, What We Don't Know, Pretend To Be, Pale and Coal are some of my all time favorite LPU tracks. So good. What We Don't Know is beautiful and epic. I am happy that none of these awesome tracks ever made the albums because it keeps them underground for hardcore LP fans. No regular or casual LP fan is going to just look up demos and stuff like that most likely. LPU11 had some decent tracks, I like Slip and Blue a lot. I would have liked Bang Three a lot more if it had some demo vocals, the very first vocal take would have been cool to hear. LPU12 was a bit of a disappointment. I loved Homecoming but that song seemed primed for vocals, I can almost guarantee that they had vocals on it at some point. I liked Asbestos a lot but again, they should have had some epic screams from Chester for the chorus.