Sonisphere Festival 2009

hahninator

there is no way chester is playing with metallica lmfao if you ask me.

we need SBDs, no doubt. and will we get them? doubt it. fuck the band's management. they need to step it up to metallica's level and sell DSPs for EVERY show.

The venue looks legendary...the whole vibe of Knebworth is so unique.

If they could offer me a one day pass or something then I'd maybe try to come over for this shit. It's in the EXACT middle of my summer break before college.

$3,000 total for a ticket to the show and round trip airfare from Atlanta to London. I'd need an LPU'ers house in London to stay at, lol. Oh man what a lot of money.....

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard of plans to bring it to australia / asia next year (2010) obviously not exactly the same bands but the festival sounds cool.

that would be sweet

it'd go to that anytime!

Since LP is playing wit such heavy bands does this mean a heavier set, no more pushing me away piano?

Hope so

They might bring back HT songs lyk with you and by myself :)

Countries: Holland, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Spain, UK

Holland: Metallica, Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Mastodon

Germany: Metallica, Die Totsen Hosen, In Extremo, Lamb Of God, Mastodon

Spain: Metallica, Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Mastodon

Catalunya: Metallica, Slipknot, Lamb Of God, Mastodon

Sweden: Metallica

Finland: Metallica, Linkin Park, Lamb Of God, Mastodon

England: Metallica, Linkin Park, Lamb Of God, Mastodon

ohhh...com on LP, get your asses over to Sweden!

I'm pretty sure LP gonna play Sweden. It's HULTSFRED, LP need to make up it.

It's awesome that Finland is confirmed. I would go, but I dunno how to get there :unsure:

I'm still hoping for stand-alone concerts in central Europe (Czech Republic, Poland)

The venue looks legendary...the whole vibe of Knebworth is so unique.

If they could offer me a one day pass or something then I'd maybe try to come over for this shit. It's in the EXACT middle of my summer break before college.

$3,000 total for a ticket to the show and round trip airfare from Atlanta to London. I'd need an LPU'ers house in London to stay at, lol. Oh man what a lot of money.....

More than welcome to stay at mine, except I live in Essex (about 30 mins from London).

I'm pretty sure LP gonna play Sweden. It's HULTSFRED, LP need to make up it.

It's awesome that Finland is confirmed. I would go, but I dunno how to get there :unsure:

I'm still hoping for stand-alone concerts in central Europe (Czech Republic, Poland)

yes central Europe :rolleyes:

yes central Europe :rolleyes:

What do you want to say with this post? This IS central Europe - http://reenic.utexas.edu/regions/central%20europe.jpg

But a lot of western europeans still believing that Poland, Czech, Hungary and Slovakia are eastern, because it was in "Eastern Block". It's LAME. Btw, Finland is much more located to east than Czech Republic, for example.

Edited by And One LTU

that´s totally shit :(

this ruins my day ;( :angry:

hopefully they just wanna make us angry for some days, because UK gets much more advantaged than germany.. <_<

And Germany get a lot more attention than Lithuania.Happy now?Don't you think that you're a bit greedy asking for concert every year?

Edited by Collision

can someone give me some dates on hultsfred and interlaken 2009 please?

also, im sure these aren't the only shows. why in the HELL would you haul all that crap over there for 2 shows? im sure they will do headlining germany shows (the location of their 2nd biggest fanbase outside of the US. japan is #1, then UK is after germany I believe).

probably more than that too.

And Germany get a lot more attanetion than Lithuania.Happy now?Don't you think that you're a bit greedy asking for concert every year?

don´t get me wrong, i know that the LT crowd was insane (as actually all baltic ones do ;)), but anyway germany has definiatly better and more venues and constantly awesome crowds as well than LT ;)

that´s totally shit :(

this ruins my day ;( :angry:

hopefully they just wanna make us angry for some days, because UK gets much more advantaged than germany.. <_<

Yea, yea, yea... Germany has A LOT OF concerts. 7 are too much... France got only 2 shows last year...

don´t get me wrong, i know that the LT crowd was insane (as actually all baltic ones do ;)), but anyway germany has definiatly better and more venues and constantly awesome crowds as well than LT ;)

First. There was no talks about comparing crowds. All crowds rocks excluding Latvian.

Second. So what that DE has lots of venues? France has good venues too, but LP playing not often there. Same for Spain.

LP managers are motherf**king a**holes, they see Germany and England only in Europe...

Edited by And One LTU

don´t get me wrong, i know that the LT crowd was insane (as actually all baltic ones do ;) ), but anyway germany has definiatly better and more venues and constantly awesome crowds as well than LT ;)

Wow...The first thought was like " Baltics?Damn, where you from that you know Lithuania and Baltics?Germany?".

DOn't get me wrong.I'm just saying that there's lost more country which havn't seen LP live.And for example Germany has opportunity to see Lp 7 times a year.

Ok this is OFFTOPIC

Edited by Collision

I believe it's done by demand. DE has an insane amount of fans there that constantly buy the CDs, etc. that's why they are #3 in the listings, etc.

but I agree w/you in the sense that they should switch it up. you can't do just 3 countries (DE, FR, UK) every single EU tour. there is no excuse for them to not have done spain/italy more as well as the other euro countries. netherlands. lithuania. latvia. austria.

etc etc etc you could go on forever with the names.

they need to make the 2 canceled 08 ones up and then do others.

yep i give you right^^

UK and DE get advantaged most, but this time UK got more attention.. :angry:

they have to tour at:

UK (only 1 or 2 times )

germany (1 or 2 times :P)

austria / switzerland (1 time)

baltic region (3 at all)

LT, finland, RU

west europe:

FR, ES, NL

south:

italy

east:

turkey

that´s my opinion + DSP for EVERY show

anyway, if there won´t be DSPs, attendors of the show could record audio with whatever, because many wanna hear every single show, would be nice..