Sonisphere Festival 2009

hahninator

I believe it's done by demand. DE has an insane amount of fans there that constantly buy the CDs, etc. that's why they are #3 in the listings, etc.

but I agree w/you in the sense that they should switch it up. you can't do just 3 countries (DE, FR, UK) every single EU tour. there is no excuse for them to not have done spain/italy more as well as the other euro countries. netherlands. lithuania. latvia. austria.

etc etc etc you could go on forever with the names.

they need to make the 2 canceled 08 ones up and then do others.

True.I understand that some countrys can't hold such band as Linkin Park.Maybe they have no place or cash for them.But most of european countrys have opportunity to invite them.But Lp managers...They do nothing.

EDIT:Damn I respect you guys (both of you) for knowing something about Latvia and Lithuania.

Edited by Collision

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its more of the fact that it doesn't seem LP is trying. look at where they played in austria in 08. that old venue is much smaller than like O2 arena and stuff I believe.

I feel really bad for all of the euro countries that get shut out. south america as well. id give up the next US tour if they'd play SE asia, south/central america and the euro countries they haven't hit in forever.

the UK and Germany get too many shows. maybe 2 shows in germany and 2 in the UK. then go and do like metallica did - play all the other ones as well. still no turkey date and it's 2009. no excuse in my opinion. I mean I can't change it and I would if I could (trust me) but I just feel bad for those fans that keep getting shut out over and over again.

greece? first show in 2008. next time LP plays there? I bet another 3-4 years. I also bet they play 6-20 more UK shows before they play greece again even though that show was packed to the limit.

good to see finland again. I bet they will do switzerland/sweden as well, and then some random other ones like a germany arena (they can't play europe without doing germany - face it, they know they have a HUGE fanbase there and have to cater to them) and HOPEFULLY some random stuff like a lithuania show or something cool. italy/spain get skipped too but I mean they need to play in places they've never played before.

edit:

and oh yeah, im well aware of the places they haven't been to and also aware of when dates are announced that they haven't played in X country or Y country. no excuse in my opinion. lp's managers need to try harder.

its more of the fact that it doesn't seem LP is trying. look at where they played in austria in 08. that old venue is much smaller than like O2 arena and stuff I believe.

I feel really bad for all of the euro countries that get shut out. south america as well. id give up the next US tour if they'd play SE asia, south/central america and the euro countries they haven't hit in forever.

the UK and Germany get too many shows. maybe 2 shows in germany and 2 in the UK. then go and do like metallica did - play all the other ones as well. still no turkey date and it's 2009. no excuse in my opinion. I mean I can't change it and I would if I could (trust me) but I just feel bad for those fans that keep getting shut out over and over again.

greece? first show in 2008. next time LP plays there? I bet another 3-4 years. I also bet they play 6-20 more UK shows before they play greece again even though that show was packed to the limit.

good to see finland again. I bet they will do switzerland/sweden as well, and then some random other ones like a germany arena (they can't play europe without doing germany - face it, they know they have a HUGE fanbase there and have to cater to them) and HOPEFULLY some random stuff like a lithuania show or something cool. italy/spain get skipped too but I mean they need to play in places they've never played before.

edit:

and oh yeah, im well aware of the places they haven't been to and also aware of when dates are announced that they haven't played in X country or Y country. no excuse in my opinion. lp's managers need to try harder.

mark, you´re totally right

they should play stadium shows imo..

sao paulo 04 owned totally

some nice stadiums in following countries:

UK: Wembley Stadium, London

Germany: Allianz Arena, München; Olympiastadion, Berlin; Commerzbank Arena, Frankfurt

France: Stade de France, Paris

Spain: Nou Camp, Barcelona; Estadio Bernabeau, Madrid

Austria: Ernst-Happel-Stadion, Vienna

so what does everyone think about when the album might come out now that we have some tour dates??

i think dead by sunrise will be pushed back again and lp's album will be out in november all depending on how the new songs go down at knebworth if they go good bring the album out in november if it dosint sound so great DBS will come out and LP next year

There are a lot of reasons why there are no dates for Linkin Park in Germany, Sweden etc etc.

1. Most of the festivals have had their "exclusive" releases done now. Example: Rock am ring announced Slipknot, Hultsfred announced The Killers. When festivals have announced their big exclusive/whatever bands, the big bands wont get announced untill March or April.

2. The festival is a week after Hultsfred, which only gives LP a bigger reason to play there.

3. Maybe they will announce LP for the sonisphere festival for the other countries later.

But in general, its a time game. In march/april or earlier, you will see that more dates will get anounced with LP for rest of Europe, with or without sonisphere. There are plently of festivals for LP to play.

I wouldn't expect the European LP Tour to be too big. I'd say it's maybe like 6-10 shows, if not less. We have to wait for proper tours after the album release.

Would be release cool to see LP play with Metallica on more than those 2 just announced shows. But I rather see LP playing solo shows in arenas than on a festival.

It's pointless to compare crowds in any way, every crowd in every country is different.

I think it's not only up to LP's management where they play, I guess it also has something to do with the show promoters. Their biggest fear is that they don't sell out a show cause it's too big, that's always a risk for them.

Money rules the world.

For DBS I think the date will stay like this, Chester said that only a short while ago, proabably being aware of a tour and plans they have.

What do you want to say with this post? This IS central Europe - http://reenic.utexas.edu/regions/central%20europe.jpg

But a lot of western europeans still believing that Poland, Czech, Hungary and Slovakia are eastern, because it was in "Eastern Block". It's LAME. Btw, Finland is much more located to east than Czech Republic, for example.

I just want to say i want LP anywhere in Central Europe because im from Central Europe LOL

i readed that in sonispheres webpage (finnish version). it says that lp will play only in finland and england,so thats not joke. another finnish people can confirm this info too

Yes, LP playing with "Sonishpere" only in England and Finland. But LP probably will play stand-alone or other festival concerts.

Yes, LP playing with "Sonishpere" only in England and Finland. But LP probably will play stand-alone or other festival concerts.

i dont think they will play enymore shows this year other than theses 2 cose i think there just doing what they did when they played that festival and played qwerty get out of the studio for abit test some new songs then back to studio

i dont think they will play enymore shows this year other than theses 2 cose i think there just doing what they did when they played that festival and played qwerty get out of the studio for abit test some new songs then back to studio

For example Metallica played LOT OF shows when they were recording Death Magnetic. Btw LP need to make up Hultsfred and Interlaken dates. So, I think, We will see more dates soon... Edited by And One LTU

For example Metallica played LOT OF shows when they were recording Death Magnetic. Btw LP need to make up Hultsfred and Interlaken dates. So, I think, We will see more dates soon...

yeah still dosint meen they will make up the dates they didint play we all know what LP are like when there in the studio things take for ever we just have to have fingers crossed they play other places i meen im ok cose im seeing them but its shit how they dont play other parts of europ

I don't think they will make up Hultsfred and Interlaken this year, maybe other shows in those countries but not the festivals itself. That would be almost 2 months before the 2 known dates.

Even Japan 2006 was 4 shows, why should it be only 2 shows in Finland and UK, that doesn't really make sence. The probably don't play any more Sonisphere shows though.

I don't think they will make up Hultsfred and Interlaken this year, maybe other shows in those countries but not the festivals itself. That would be almost 2 months before the 2 known dates.

Even Japan 2006 was 4 shows, why should it be only 2 shows in Finland and UK, that doesn't really make sence. The probably don't play any more Sonisphere shows though.

i think quite the same, it would online ruin themselves more and i don´t think they want that ;)

No way, they wudn't travel all the way to Europe just for two shows no matter how big they are, but then again who knows mayb ur rite? Still Phoenix did mention that they would probably play a few festivals so it could mean that they mite just continue recording the album in Europe and meanwhile play some festivals. Glad to hear that they mite debut some new stuff tho!!

Hey guys! Quick update. I just talked with one of the managers of Hultsfred festival, check out the email yourself:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Alex.

Linkin Park has not been available for Hultsfred this year, as they will do some dates on Sonisphere. So they are not booked at Hultsfred. The Linkin Park follows with Sonisphere to Sweden is not clear yet. But it is the chance we have to get them this year. So we can always hope.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I translated it with google translator, so the grammar is a bit poor. But its pretty much saying that IF they are playing in Sweden (LP) it wont be during the Hultsfred festival, but with Sonicsphere. Then again they could play at another festival, but i doubt that. If you have a look at the sonicsphere Swedish section, the line-up is still not done, and it will take another few weeks(acording to the site) for the bands to get announced. And since Slipknot is pretty much confirmed for Metaltown (Swedish festival in gothenburg) Linkin Park is pretty much confirmed for Swedens Sonicsphere.

Edited by Combalex

that´s a bad news because i thaught that they come to germany;-(

but i think too that thes make another shows too because between both shows is one week

and i believe that they ll make 4-5 extra shows

please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think LP will do the festival dates, maybe being added on to a few more of the dates, DBS will be released in September, Chester will tour for 6 weeks or so, they will release the new LP album sometime during that tour, and then LP will do an indoor Projekt Revolution, starting in like November or so.