Joe Hahn DJing @ The A, Seoul, SK 11th Oct

lgr

Posted Image

an alternative poster can be found here

LP has tweeted an announcement that Joe will be performing at The A in Seoul, South Korea tonight (11th Oct) for a Diesel/Dazed event, as part of Diesel's global campaign, #DieselReboot. tickets/entry is 30,000 KRW (roughly $28 USD)

a set-times sheet shows that Joe will be 3rd on the running order and have an hour-long set starting at 12:30am, performing alongside The A's resident DJs.

It might also interest fans of LP's latest work "A Light That Never Comes", that collaborator Steve Aoki played here on September 19th this year source | photos

more information on the #DieselReboot event (in Korean) can be found on The A's webpage here, which roughly (badly) translates to:
"20130.1 0.11 (Fri) JOE HAHN in SEOUL DIESEL X DAZED PRESENT# DIESELREBOOT
Grammy award three times, and more than 30 million albums in sales in the new millennium, Linkin Park DJ JOE HAHN' 'the first party in the club directory. This party was a DAZED magazine, and this is an epoch-making with Social Party series, creative directory structure, Nicolas Pommies scouted global campaign REBOOT (diesilreboot. tumblr ) denim brand 'a showcase for diesel (DIESEL" with. The gathering in the social community of the big party will be in the world-renowned rock band DJ Linkin Park a (JOE HAHN) The directory directly to the Inga can experience, so don't miss an opportunity! * October MUV Invited members to celebrate the launch event 12:00 AM applications to join to download, and if you are in a club you can enjoy the big party invitation to your benefit."

Performing????Only Joe????

the title topic only mentions Joe and DJing :P

---

side note: there appears to be a bit of a promo slip up on which resident DJs are performing, the running order sheet and the posters don't match up. it's not a hugely important detail, so I didn't put this in the main post, but it's something to bear in mind for the show page

Really interested in hearing/seeing this performance.

like most of these club parties I doubt we'll get any sources for it. The A's facebook seems to be pretty good at putting up tons of photos though, so there's that.

I was gonna make a sarcastic comment, but I would actually like to see what Joe can do on his own. I almost feel like his full potential is never reached in LP simply because it doesn't always call for a DJ

You're thinking he's gonna play some of "his" material?

Almost every musician that joines to any band to take into consideration that he's not the only one to decide on his parts (as much he has the option to decide about others' parts). Even solo albums of bands singers almost never sounds like the bands albums.

Twitter confirmed that Joe said the next album will be out in 2014, which was already assumed, but here's hoping for an early-2014 release (like January 2nd, no later)

I'm almost positive it won't be out that fast. When the album gets to be a few months away, they'll start promotion and release a single probably. If it was this close they probably would have done that by now or in the very very immediate future. I hope it comes out early 2014 but I'm gonna predict summer.

Edited by Justin

An album is usually done at least 3 months prior release. I think it has been like this for all the LP albums so far, even Living Things.

Chester mentioned in the STP interview with Kevin & Bean that he was recording vocals the night before, which is something they usually did at the end of the recording process but that doesn't mean they are not recording vocals in between. Maybe they are close to a finish or maybe not.

I am still thinking maybe a late spring/early summer release for the next LP album, I think that is the most realistic assumption. Maybe the first single will drop in March or April, and the album following a month or so later.

I just hope the touring cycle for this album is good. The reason that the LT touring cycle didn't please fans was because LP went about it all wrong. They say that they want to tour less and release music faster, which is doable and understandable.

However, they should plan the touring cycle better. They should make an effort to play each place once per album cycle. For example. One US tour, with a couple Canadian dates thrown in. One European tour, including the UK and everyone else. One Asian tour, including all the typical places they play in Asia. One Australia/NZ tour, including all the typical places they play there. One tour in South America, including all the places they typically play there. One tour for other places, like South Africa, the Middle East, etc. If they did this, they could do it all in about a year or so and be done with it, pleasing everyone. No need to hit up places multiples times and exclude some places entirely, like they did with the UK last cycle.

North America Tour: Summer 2014

South America Tour: Fall 2014

Misc Places + Australia/NZ Tour: Late Fall/Early Winter 2014

Europe Tour: Early Summer 2015 (Hitting up major Summer festivals and their own shows)

Asia Tour: Summer/early Fall 2015

Edited by Geki

Mike Shinoda said on the @AskAnythingChat that @joehahnLP directed the ALTNC music video and it's all in 3D. Coming soon!

Mike also talked about the new album; LP are hoping to have it out next year. And will probably be announcing tour at some point next year.

cc @M.S.C

Chester mentioned in the STP interview with Kevin & Bean that he was recording vocals the night before, which is something they usually did at the end of the recording process but that doesn't mean they are not recording vocals in between. Maybe they are close to a finish or maybe not.

In other interview , Chester mentioned that in this record they are recording vocals and music right from the beginning unlike previous album recording process.