LP Recharge - Gameplay Trailer

Qwerty95k

The Resistance??!??

This is horribly similar to the Nine Inch Nails Year Zero ARG that happened a few years ago.

The video looks the same style and they actually left USB drives for fans to find at shows.

They also did a secret show for their fan club and were "raided" at the end by some kind of military!

Haven't the LPU just emailed about people in LA area?

:blink:

Edited by Kirstie

The Resistance??!??

This is horribly similar to the Nine Inch Nails Year Zero ARG that happened a few years ago.

The video looks the same style and they actually left USB drives for fans to find at shows.

They also did a secret show for their fan club and were "raided" at the end by some kind of military!

Haven't the LPU just emailed about people in LA area?

:blink:

Wow great post! 2007 was the year I got REALLY into Nine Inch Nails and I followed that campaign show by show. I remember in Lisbon Trent left the USB drive in the bathroom, someone found it and uploaded 'My Violent Heart' to a fansite, their label sent a cease & desist and Trent fucking EXPLODED on the label and said they are a complete fucking joke.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nine-inch-na...a-7bd6e26c.html

I remember this show happening. The entire campaign for the album was the coolest thing I have ever witnessed for an album. People using sound editing programs to find the "hand" or whatever at the end of a song the band put out...then the whole ARG thing coming out. It was so cool. Year Zero is still one of my favorite albums ever.

Did the LPU really email people in LA? If LP tries to replicate the NIN experience somehow for this game that'll be interesting. NIN really nailed it though.

It was awesome, The Spiral, NIN's fan club were involved somehow too, I can't remember much except I apparent 'died in a concentration camp in Guam' !!! It was super intricate.

I'm not sure I'd like it if LP replicated it, it'd have to be quite different to really excite me.

LP wouldn't take it to a dark level like NIN did. LP would probably do a much more watered down, almost lame, version of what NIN did if they decided to do it. The event in LA is probably just like a LP Recharge release party or something like that for LPU.