19.08.2013 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Stadium NBJ

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reading the whole thread and i have to agree with everyone here.

I really can believe that after a 17 months of Living Things since May in 2012 they didn't played a whole headline tour in Europe, i mean that Promo Tour was OK, but was really weird.

I guess the only GOOD thing of the Living Things Touring cycle was the new places, and returns, like Mexico, after 10 years, a confirmation of South American Tour the second tour in a row, and countries like Ukraine, Romania, Malasia, and so on, i think that was the best of this Tour. ^_^

The Setlist after the shows in South Africa were really boring, they didn't show something new.

Remember were like 2 years ago we were talking about "Robot Boy" and about that was the only song that never was played live, now we have 5 more in the list and 5 songs for the same album... :huh:

I really wonder why the band didn't play songs like Roads Untraveled, I'll Be Gone or Powerless live, seems like are songs that they can play live without problems...

Let's wait for the next Album, btw is the last album under the WMG contract right?

I am astonished there was no UK show for the album.

There was a full European Tour with 8 German shows (and most likely some UK shows, as well as other countries) scheduled for last fall. For some reason it was "cancelled" and never happened. No idea for what reason, but that's why there was no UK show on this cycle. The band at least planned to return to Europe in fall 2012 after the short summer run there, but it didn't happen. It wasn't like they intentionally didn't plan anything in Europe (or the UK). It just didn't work out.

I can't remember the exact details but my presale for Living Things in the UK included a years membership with LPU and it pretty much guaranteed that there would be a UK tour with exclusive presale for it.

I won't/cant complain too much though, I know that the UK is probably the second most toured country and it is nice that other places get them too.

it's more like a dream

Yeah maybe, just like to see what's hiding under there. :P

And yes, how many albums do they have with Warner until they're freeeee? 8? 10? (I'll go google but you'll probably know)

Edited by Kirstie

I can't remember the exact details but my presale for Living Things in the UK included a years membership with LPU and it pretty much guaranteed that there would be a UK tour with exclusive presale for it.

Like Mark posted before, there was a tour planned (maybe even booked?) for last fall.

It just seems to be crazy that they didn't planned a new one as soon as they knew they won't make the first one happen.

No fireworks? Cakes? Rob take his top off? Anything exciting to mark the end of LT tour cycle?

Fireworks? Cakes? There's another wonderful way the end your band's touring cycle, except throwing wood and plastic objects on your fans for full two minutes? (I'm joking of course):

I must say, when all is said and done for this tour, POWERLESS was the most surprisingly, criminally underused song on the album. There was a time when this would have been considered a front-runner for one of the album's singles. Yet, no official music video (I'm choosing to exclude the Abraham Lincoln abbreviated promo trailer), no official release (though there was that one track digital release in Japan) and no live performance. Really disappointing to me as it is my favourite track from LIVING THINGS.

So.. The LIVING THINGS world tour is over. Crazy how fast this album cycle went by. I had a lot of fun on this tour, though. Last summer was awesome. I remember the entire cycle, so many great shows, so many great memories. Then of coarse the Summit in Camden, and traveling to LA earlier this month to see LP play.. I think an album wrap up thread may be coming, so I won't type too much here.

That is kind of harsh! I'm sure, had they come to the UK and I'd seen them I would have loved their show. They always perform well, entertain and from what I've seen from this months shows Mike has really been on top form.

I don't know, LT is probably my least favorite album, it just doesn't seem like that much effort went into it (in comparison to the others) and I find it confusing; I kind of feel like maybe LP agree with me. *shrug*

Edit: having read my last sentence again, i realize I might sound harsh myself! Sorry Stich!

what disappinting me that much is tghe fact that I don't have a chance to see them since they don't play in Europe after the release of LT (which is pretty great album, if you'd ask me)