19.08.2013 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Stadium NBJ

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice that mike is replying to LPL questiions

does he follows the LPL account? you should try to do an interview with him, or just 5 questions about what we care in the sets, that would be freaking awesome.

Yes he follows us. We always try to plant some ideas over twitter haha.

If they have a special setlist tonight, I'd be happy if they just change some placement and throw in some songs that weren't performed on this tour. But if they brought out something new that would be great, it's just that it would be the first time and possibly not a great performance, and it would be a pretty similar set regardless. I'd like to see an altered set with a throwback, maybe another addition to BIO

Don't expect something too special. I'm pretty sure they're not going to play songs they haven't played on this tour. About the new songs, I think we should stop expecting the band will play those live, at least for this tour. Remember, in order to play those songs live, the band has to rehearse A LOT. As far as I know, the rehearsals for COG took about 2 weeks, and the band rehearsed for the Asian tour for 4 days only. I think the biggest change we can expect for this show is a change in the placement of the songs, and maybe that's not gonna happen either. The band played set B on this tour more than set A, so it's reasonable that they will close it out with set A. But, we can still hope they will do something special after all :)

Does anyone know why they changed the setlist for Singapore 2011?

I don't know why change the placement of the songs in the set, but they dropped Blackout and Empty Spaces/WTCFM because Chester hurt his arm between this show and the show before it.

One doubts, do not know if it is the right place to ask, has more professional recording videos of summer sonic 2013, which only has those 4 songs? and will come out? thanks

We have only those 4 songs, but maybe we will get more if the rest will be broadcast next month.

Next time you can use "Quick question? Ask here!" thread for any questions. :)

If Chester wants to protect his voice then don't join STP!!! and please! you have two vocalists on your band, you don't have to sing all the show.

I believe the setlist "owners" are Rob, Chester and Brad (in that order).

Also Brad has no energy when they play HT songs, is dissapointing.

pd. sorry for my english

I'm sure Set A with no changes. I have high hopes for the next touring cycle though. Mike seems to want to play a bigger variety of stuff. The only complaint I have, if any, is the lack of variety with the sets. It seems in 2007, 2008 and even 2011, the differences between the 3 sets were a lot more significant than 2012/2013 in my opinion. A and B, what is different? One has APFMH and Lying From You, one has The Catalyst and VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY). Where did Set C go with WTCFM and IMR?

And with his comments about the LIVING THINGS songs (like "not possible with the current setup"), I bet we see 1+ (maybe 2) of these songs next tour. SKIN TO BONE or POWERLESS specifically. I think he is really interested in playing them and will try to make it happen, even with the new songs. We will see.

I thought about it too, but I don't know if it's gonna happen. They never kept songs for the next tour, so this will be new.

The exciting news is that the most disappointing tour of LP history it's over;

I maybe sound a little too harsh but they never come to Europe apart from this mini promo tour, and also the setlist keep getting boring after the Honda Civic Tour;

the only highlights from 2013 was Castle Of Glass & A Light That Never Comes;

Edited by stich

The exciting news is that the most disappointing tour of LP history it's over;

I maybe sound a little too harsh

That is kind of harsh! I'm sure, had they come to the UK and I'd seen them I would have loved their show. They always perform well, entertain and from what I've seen from this months shows Mike has really been on top form.

I don't know, LT is probably my least favorite album, it just doesn't seem like that much effort went into it (in comparison to the others) and I find it confusing; I kind of feel like maybe LP agree with me. *shrug*

Edit: having read my last sentence again, i realize I might sound harsh myself! Sorry Stich!

Edited by Kirstie

Who needs Powerless or any set list variety when you have this? By the way look on the right, he looks really happy. Lol!!

:lol:

FYI, they played the Powerless video of

before the show started.

I don't know, LT is probably my least favorite album, it just doesn't seem like that much effort went into it (in comparison to the others) and I find it confusing; I kind of feel like maybe LP agree with me. *shrug*

Agree.

I'm glad someone agrees with me, I thought it was just me being bitter because they hadn't come to the UK and that if they had I'd feel differently about it and LT.

I'm not bitter at all, but I agree. And it's not just me, a lot of people agrees with you.

I am astonished there was no UK show for the album.

There was a full European Tour with 8 German shows (and most likely some UK shows, as well as other countries) scheduled for last fall. For some reason it was "cancelled" and never happened. No idea for what reason, but that's why there was no UK show on this cycle. The band at least planned to return to Europe in fall 2012 after the short summer run there, but it didn't happen. It wasn't like they intentionally didn't plan anything in Europe (or the UK). It just didn't work out.

I bet they kick off the next touring cycle there with headlining arena shows, etc. And it's likely they'll play BID, COG, LITE and maybe try some new LT songs that didn't get played. I doubt VICTIMIZED, IMR or LGM will carry over but you never know.