13.08.2013 - Pasay City, Philippines, Mall of Asia Arena

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50/50 sucks. I'm starting to get depressed about this. I really hope the ringing stops.

Yeah it sucks. I work in the AV industry myself so I'm around huge PA systems with lots of volume all the time. I really wish it didnt take me a good year before I started to wear ear buds/headphones to protect my ears.

Last year Rock im Park, we spent the entire Sunday (the day LP headlined) in the 2nd row in front of stage. I didn't notice until I got home in the afternoon the next day how "deaf" I still was. I turned on my computer and I though it was broken because I couldn't hear my PC making any noise at all (I unplugged my power light was it was glowing like a beacon so there's no light indicating it's running) . Thats the only time I can recall it took more than a day to recover from a concert (well it was a festival though)

The two loudest shows I've ever been to were Nickelback in 2010 and Foo Fighters in 2008. Crazy shit. Nickelback I legit for the only time ever, had to hold my ears closed during a few songs. It was that bad. Pooch confirmed with me in 2011 that their sound engineer doesn't care and just cranks the shit up big with no regard for any safety lol.

Both of my ears have the constant ringing sadly. I haven't had legit hearing loss as far as I can TELL right now after taking quite a few ear tests, but I do listen to music too loudly. And I need to wear earplugs.

http://www.setlist.fm/user/Hahninator

After seeing 137+ bands with 300+ performances, I'm sure I've unfortunately done damage to my ears and I wish I had taken precautions earlier.

I like Pooch a lot because he gave us a legit explanation of the sound volumes he uses for LP, what decibels cause damage, etc. Like a 30 minute explanation. He cares a lot about it thankfully.

I've been to tons of concerts over the years and honestly, when I saw Finch as one of the opening bands for SSMF, I couldn't hear very well after their set and for a few days after. I'm certain it was Finch, because my ears were fine after S.D.C. and Awolnation and LP didn't have the same effect either. I'm not sure whether it was Finch's vocalist's blood curdling screaming the entire time, or because I was literally right next to the left speaker, but damn. Lol.

I loved TLTGYA but it really destroyed the vibe in the crowd every single time I saw it. Such a great song but it needs to open the encore if its played. Otherwise people will snooze.

The 2007 performance I saw of it is golden. It's actually the one that made LPU7 too. I like the improv intro they added to it.

I'd take TLTGYA back in the setlists all day over LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent, which made me leave the crowd in Uncasville to go to the bathroom and walk across because it was so...boring.

I'd take TLTGYA back in the setlists all day over LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent, which made me leave the crowd in Uncasville to go to the bathroom and walk across because it was so...boring.

"Bitch I've seen these songs played regularly. Aint nobody got time for dat."

I loved TLTGYA but it really destroyed the vibe in the crowd every single time I saw it. Such a great song but it needs to open the encore if its played. Otherwise people will snooze.

This is a great idea.

There are some songs that have to be in specific place in the set, because if not they're exhausting.

This is a great idea.

There are some songs that have to be in specific place in the set, because if not they're exhausting.

I wonder if they had the same idea when they decided it would close the album MTM, because of the length compared to the other song.

I always thought that song could have been a couple minutes shorter. I like the song, and it will always have strong sentimental value to me because of the inspiration behind it, but I haven't listened to the whole song through...probably in a couple years now. Including when I watch RTR. lol

Edited by Justin

I wonder if they had the same idea when they decided it would close the album MTM, because of the length compared to the other song.

Yeah, they can't put this long and quiet song in the middle of the album.

Sorry If I keep posting about this in this thread but I'd like to know what you guys have to say/have experienced in relation to my ear ringing/fullness problem after the LP concert:

I saw a 2nd doctor 2 days ago and had a hearing test (audiometry) as well. For the hearing test, my hearing/hearing loss was in the normal range (<=20) and the doctor said there was no mild or severe damage to it or my ears after looking at them.

He said that the ringing will most probably disappear after a week at most (man I sure hope so) and prescribed me medrol for 4 days and vitamin b complex for a week (for nerve healing/regeneration I believe).

So yeah, it's about 5 full days now (since I noticed it Wednesday morning) and my left ear's become clogged/muffled even though it wasn't like this in the beginning (and I feel like only the right ear's ringing now but I can't say for sure).

Still, hoping the medication works and I'm also jogging for better blood circulation to the ear.

Any thoughts or similar experiences? Thanks.

Edited by hybridtheory_gc

With 2 minutes only you will lose the next song

If i remember right, the real commercial break was The Little Things, it made the crowds fell asleep lol

I saw LP play TLTGYA 3 times and each time was awesome. Maybe it's just because it's one of my favorite LP songs, but I thought it was really good live. On the other hand, I would say that the ballad medley is pretty boring, honestly.