13.08.2013 - Pasay City, Philippines, Mall of Asia Arena

The third show of Linkin Park's six show Asian Tour in support of LIVING THINGS takes them to Pasay City's Mall of Asia Arena, a brand new venue that just opened in 2012. Pasay City is a small city that makes up the area around Manila, Philippines and it will host the band's first headlining show of the tour so far. LP's only other appearance in the Philippines was in June 2004, when they play Manila's CCP Grounds in support of Meteora (show page here). This makes it their second show in the Philippines ever and their first in over nine years! Our friends at LinkinPark_PH will be covering this show head to toe, so don't miss out on their updates! Urbandub, a local band from the Philippines, will open the show.

To start this tour, Linkin Park played Summer Sonic in Tokyo and Osaka. These were their only full shows in Japan in support of LIVING THINGS, which is a far cry from their five arena shows in Japan for A Thousand Suns in September 2011. At these two shows, we saw what we'd call "Festival Set B" (opening with 'A Place For My Head) in Tokyo (show page here) and "Festival Set A" (opening with 'TINFOIL' and 'Faint') in Osaka, but without 'Somewhere I Belong' (show page here).

Since we covered the proshot videos of 'A Place For My Head', 'Papercut', and 'Given Up' from Tokyo in our Osaka preshow post, here are two more proshot videos that surfaced from a webcast on the 11th: 'Given Up' and 'LOST IN THE ECHO'.

Since this is the first headlining show for the band on this short tour, we are expecting a full setlist at this show. The New Zealand & Australia Tour earlier this year didn't feature Set C (opening with 'With You'), and Set C hasn't been seen since 2012, so it's likely that the band will just use Set A and Set B to close out these last four shows.

Another interesting development with a part of the setlist that we all watch every show is what is happening with 'Bleed It Out' right now. As we all know, the first verse of 'Reading My Eyes' was resurrected at the KROQ Rehearsal earlier this month (for the first time since 2011) and was over the bridge of 'Bleed It Out' at the Sunset Strip Music Festival show. In Tokyo and Osaka, Mike didn't rap the verse. However, it's interesting to note the

on the song. Chester goes over to talk to Brad and Mike is looking around, possibly signaling to see what they should do over the bridge. Nothing happened, but it's possible at this point that they might have 'Reading My Eyes' over it again or possibly something else that doesn't require much effort, like 'Burning In The Skies' or even 'No Roads Left' (which hasn't been done since they were in Japan in 2011). We will see!

EDIT: Thanks to our friend Lee (Wilderness) for finding a

with the 'Reading My Eyes' verse! It was skipped in Tokyo but it was resurrected at the Osaka Summer Sonic show, meaning it's likely that it will keep appearing on this tour.

Lastly, Typhoon Utor just slammed into the Philippines with 100+mph winds, but the LP show doesn't appear to be in danger. While the storm was serious, it seems that it missed the central Manila area and the show will continue thankfully. The band is also helping with a previous disaster that hit the area in 2011: "For every ticket purchased for the Manila concert, 1US$ will be donated to Music for Relief to rebuild homes in Mindanao in partnership with All Hands Volunteers for their long term recovery program following Typhoon Washi, locally known as Typhoon Sendong."

After this show, the band will do exactly what they did on their 2004 run and head to Hong Kong (isn't that ironic?) where they will play Chek Lap Kok's Asia-World Arena on the 15th. Two more shows follow to close out the tour - Taipei on the 17th and Kuala Lumpur on the 19th.

SETLIST:

01. A Place For My Head (Long Intro; Ext. Outro)

02. Papercut

03. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

04. New Divide

05. With You (2012 Ext. Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. LIES GREED MISERY

08. Points Of Authority

09. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall of Noise Outro)

10. Breaking The Habit

11. CASTLE OF GLASS

12. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

13. LOST IN THE ECHO

14. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' Lyrics Tease (Mike/Chester))

15. What I've Done

16. BURN IT DOWN

17. In The End

18. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge; Ext. Outro)

----------------------------------------------------

19. TINFOIL

20. Faint (Ext. Outro)

21. Lying From You

22. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

- This is the first time 'Lying From You' has appeared in the encore in full. In 2004, 'Dirt Off Your Shoulders/Lying From You' appeared in the encore once, and in 2012, 'Lying From You/Papercut' continuously appeared in the encore.

- This is the "new" Set B, with a full 'Lying From You' in the encore, a full 'Papercut' at the top of the set, and no 'VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)' or 'The Catalyst'.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might not do anything over it but it's possible they will. It'd be nice to see BITS or NRL return over it. I think it's very interesting they didn't list RME on the setlists (well, we aren't 100% sure about Tokyo's lol) but they took a break there to talk to each other. Mike is at the mic and looking around at the rest of the band and Chester is whispering something to Brad.

Bust into something guys. APFMH bridge reprise :P Or just RME....

Been 9 years, 1 month, and 29 days but today, I see Linkin Park live again.

Also, Looked at LP's Summer Sonic 2013 sets & saw that they didn't play The Catalyst & QWERTY/Victimized. Sucks. Probably won't play those 2 here as well.

Also, for anyone interested, here are some old/film-based photos I took during LP's last concert in the Philippines:

Brad - https://twitter.com/gerardcue/status...190275/photo/1

Chester and Dave - http://t.co/MwIFEy3w1b

Mike - http://t.co/MGDsFMXs0P

Also, Looked at LP's Summer Sonic 2013 sets & saw that they didn't play The Catalyst & QWERTY/Victimized. Sucks. Probably won't play those 2 here as well.

They'll probably play those for the rest of the shows. They only dropped them probably because of a shortened set for the festival.

Newspost is wrong. Osaka had RME over BIO.

Sorry man! Thanks for the heads up. We try to be as accurate as possible but we do make mistakes :) That is one of the first times I've seen something listed on the setlist and then it was taken off, but the band continues doing it.

Been 9 years, 1 month, and 29 days but today, I see Linkin Park live again.

Also, for anyone interested, here are some old/film-based photos I took during LP's last concert in the Philippines:

Brad - https://twitter.com/gerardcue/status...190275/photo/1

Chester and Dave - http://t.co/MwIFEy3w1b

Mike - http://t.co/MGDsFMXs0P

Wow! That's such a huge gap between shows. Have fun. Really fucking awesome. I think VICTIMIZED will come at your show, and probably Catalyst too, since they'll be playing a full set (over 20 songs). The last three shows were all festival setlists.

Awesome photos. The first one doesn't work, can you link it up again? Would you care if we added them to our Manila 2004 show page? They'd be great to put up :)

Don't worry about the setlist, the guys at LP PH I'm sure will tweet it live :)

Haha I am the exact opposite. I love POWERLESS but don't like IBG very much.

Found a cool stat: "For every ticket purchased for the Manila concert, 1US$ will be donated to Music for Relief to rebuild homes in Mindanao in partnership with All Hands Volunteers for their long term recovery program following Typhoon Washi, locally known as Typhoon Sendong."

MFR is really doing a lot of good stuff. I didn't know in foreign countries they were helping out LOCALLY. I thought they were just planting trees in the rainforest, helping out places that need access to clean water and electricity (Africa, Haiti), etc. This storm killed over 1,000 people in 2011. If 10,000 people attend the show, that's $10,000 just from Linkin Park playing a show that is going to help rebuild the area.