Pori, Finland Festival

hahninator

More info has been posted here on the new festival that is set to take place in Pori, Finland on either July 25 or July 31 with Metallica headlining.

According to the Finnish newspaper Iltalehti, METALLICA is in talks to play a brand new metal festival with LINKIN PARK (and 11 other bands) at the end of July in the city of Pori (the site of the annual international jazz festival Pori Jazz). The 80,000-capacity event will reportedly take place on either July 25 or July 31 and will apparently be named after METALLICA, who will headline the festival. An official confirmation is expected sometime in early February.

Hell yeah, roll those dates out! Hopefully this will happen.

I would hope that LP's management gets their heads out of their asses and learns that they can sell the live audio to ALL shows if they manage it online properly.

See: livemetallica.com

It's possible and they need to take advantage of it. No DSPs for the Europe 2008 summer tour is ridiculous and uncalled for, lol.

Well, Metallica and LP on same stage... So LP need change their style of songs... MTM with metallica could be not a good idea! haha

Amen to that, so if LP is set to play hopefully they'll change up their sets and add more HT and Meteora!!

Yeah, the set will be:

01. With You (w/ a long Chester's scream in the beginning)

02. Lying From You

03. No More Sorrow

04. Papercut

05. Wake 2.0

06. Given Up (with the 17-seconds scream)

07. Reading My Eyes

08. QWERTY

09. From The Inside

10. Runaway

11. By Myself

12. Figure.09

13. New Song (with A LOT of scream, death metal style :D)

---------------

14. Bleed It Out (w/ all extenders, Chester screams a lot during them)

15. Faint

16. A Place For My Head

17. One Step Closer

Everything with all extenders... and Chester will die during Runaway :D

They won't change the set only because of Metallica :) Perhaps it will be a shorter set (17 songs), because LP will just open for Metallica :) And it will be something like PR08 with some new songs (if the new album isn't released). If the album is released... who knows? :)

Edited by dark_master

It could be true, most festivals announce big bands early for the "exclusive" sake of it. It can take a while before the band confirms it, you know. And the date goes perfect with the Hultsfred festival this year. I still dont belive the album is gonna be out already tho, just beacuse they are touring does not mean the album is done.

Hmm if they do play these are the songs we can prob count on in the set. This is not in order. Just songs I think will be in the set.

1. In The End (no questions bout this one)

2. One Step Closer (I think this wud be a great opener if they use the 08 intro).

3. What I've Done

4. Points of Authority (it's been in the sets since day 1 so I'm pretty sure it's staying).

5. Somewhere I Belong (I know it's getting old, but it's leading Meteora single, plus this is a rock festival).

6. Faint (pretty heavy song if Chester is on his game and the extended outro is used.)

7. Possibly some heavy new song or old song like QWERTY? (darkmaster there's no chance of RME being played here it's a heavy metal / rock festival like I said earlier.

8. At least one or two older heavy songs brought back like By Myself or Figure.09

9. Breaking the Habit (not sure bout this one but prob, most popular Meteora song.)

10. Crawling

11. A Place for My Head (definately Metallica worthy).

Edited by LPPRJKT4

Hmm if they do play these are the songs we can prob count on in the set. This is not in order. Just songs I think will be in the set.

2. One Step Closer (I think this wud be a great opener if they use the 08 intro).

3. What I've Done

4. Points of Authority (it's been in the sets since day 1 so I'm pretty sure it's staying).

5. Somewhere I Belong (I know it sucks but it's leading Meteora single, plus this is a rock festival).

6. Faint (pretty heavy song if Chester is on his game and the extended outro is used.)

7. Possibly some heavy new song or old song like QWERTY? (darkmaster there's no chance of RME being played here it's a heavy metal / rock festival like I said earlier.

8. At least one or two older heavy songs brought back like By Myself or Figure.09

9. Breaking the Habit (not sure bout this one but prob, most popular Meteora song.)

10. Crawling

Somewhere I belong sucks? That's my favorite song from LP. :(

But anyway, I think LP will do something. I'm assuming the album is going pretty quickly if Chester said he expects it to come aroun the second half of 09. If that's so, then they'll probably do some live performances just for promotions and w/e.

Marathonman I shud've made myself clear sry, i didn't mean sks i mean that it's getting really old and boring live. They don't ev come up w anything new for it anymore. But yea I agree w u about the touring for promotions. But usually that precedes some full length tour when it comes to LP, so who knos?

Im just hyped for them being in show talks again, i'm pretty sure if they do the show we will hear a new song.

or do what metallica did and debut two songs or mess around and play on stage with demos

pfft what am i saying LP would never do that

3. What I've Done

5. Somewhere I Belong (I know it's getting old, but it's leading Meteora single, plus this is a rock festival).

10. Crawling

11. A Place for My Head (definately Metallica worthy).

I'm pretty sure that the most popular song of Meteora is Numb.

Edited by Collision

I wanna correct one thing in that article: it says it'd be a metal festival. On the Finnish site it says there'll be ROCK bands playing there.

I thought I'd have to wait at least another 8 years to see them again here but I really hope this is gonna happen!