Chester to join Slash's gig

Papelbon

In case you didn't know, Slash recorded a solo album under "Slash & Friends" moniker scheduled to release next year.

From Slash's Twitter:

- Slash & friends fundraiser at the Music Box in Hollywood Nov 22nd, Ozzy, Billy Idol, Andrew Stockdale scheduled, + more to come.

- Fund raiser is for Los Angeles Youth Network, an organization that gets homeless kids of the street, fyi.

- Tickets for the LAYN fund raiser at Music Box Theater will go on sale Sat, Oct 17th at: www.laynrocks.com

- Line up for Nov 22nd is: Ozzy, Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, Andrew Stockdale, Billy Idol, Travis Barker & Dave Navarro.

- November 22nd fund raiser will be at Music Box Theater 6126 Hollywood Blvd, Hollywood Ca 90028

- The entire event will be hosted by the inimitable George fuckin' Lopez.

From Chester's Twitter just a few minutes ago:

@SlashHudson can't wait to do it!

Before you will ask if Chester is on Slash's album, read this quote from recent Reuters interview:

Slash and I have been kicking around the idea of working on a song together for quite some time; we just can never seem to connect at the right time.

Edited by Papelbon

Holy shit I need to be at this. I wonder if I can possibly find a way to go to this, lol.

- Line up for Nov 22nd is: Ozzy, Chris Cornell, Chester Bennington, Andrew Stockdale, Billy Idol, Travis Barker & Dave Navarro.

- The entire event will be hosted by the inimitable George fuckin' Lopez.[/i]

Ok so, Ozzy Osbourne, Chris fucking Cornell, CHESTER, Andrew from Wolfmother, Billy Idol, Travis Barker from Blink, and Dave from Jane's.

WOW.

George Lopez? That guy is epic too.

My god that's the best lineup I've seen for anything. I wonder if they will do a Camp Freddy type deal and cover a bunch of songs together or what. This is insane, I really like this lineup. Impressive job whoever put this together!

We'll probably just get to hear Chester sing Paradise City for like the 10th time. It was cool the first time, but after that, meh.

It wasn't even that cool the first time haha. The only GnR song I really like is Sweet Child O Mine. Never been a big fan of them. Though if they play something other than GnR it should be sweet!