Longer Sets In The UK - What's Coming?

RogueSoul

For those of you in the UK waiting on a support act announcement for the three shows there, there's some disappointing news - there won't be any bands going on before Linkin Park. But rejoice, because Linkin Park will be playing the longest sets they've ever played on their UK Tour!

The band will be taking advantage of not having an opening act by taking the stage at 8:30 PM - and staying on until 11:00 PM. Thats two and a half hours of set time. Even if the band doesn't end up using every single minute of that, these shows will still be the longest shows the band has ever put on. For reference, the longest show the band has ever put on thus far was earlier this month in Berlin. That show clocked in at about 110 minutes (the average time for a headline show is around 100-105 minutes for the band). These UK shows have 150 minutes of set time, beating the record by about 40 minutes! That's huge!

With 40 more minutes of set time than usual, who knows what we can expect? As has been the case for pretty much this entire tour, the band's sets have been very unpredictable in terms of rotations. With a whole forty minutes of additional set time, that's enough for about 6-7 more songs - we really can't say with any certainty about what the band will do at these shows. Here are a few possibilities we thought of:

• The band will play all the songs they have played on the tour at the show. Let's say for argument's sake that the setlists at these shows will be 30 songs, give or take one or two songs, long. With the rotation slots omitted, there's 23 songs in the setlist. There are seven songs the band has rotated in and out of sets at the shows: 'Sharp Edges,' 'Battle Symphony,' 'Nobody Can Save Me,' 'Somewhere I Belong,' 'Points Of Authority,' 'A Place For My Head,' and 'From The Inside.' If the band were to play them all during the show, that'd clock in at 30 songs. Realistically, this is probably the safest option to go with.

• The band will play a two-part setlist. The set will be split into half, with 15 songs in the beginning followed by a break and 15 more songs. It'd give the band a nice mid-way point to catch a breath and allow for distinctly different portions of the setlist, and there's a lot of different options that can come with this format: a stripped down set and full band set, and old song and new song set... Options are endless! A stripped down section of the set could be really cool and open up a lot of possibilities for some rarer songs - 'My December,' 'Pushing Me Away,' and even 'The Little Things Give You Away' could all be fair game.

• The band will add some random songs into the setlist. Two songs remain to be played off of One More Light: 'Sorry For Now' and 'Halfway Right.' Not only is this extended set the perfect opportunity to debut the new songs, but it's also the perfect opportunity to play One More Light in its entirety. The album is already one of the band's shortest records yet, clocking in at 35 minutes. That's not even the entirety of the additional set time the band has. Who knows what else the band has up their sleeves that they could bring out last minute? It'd definitely be a really cool move to see the band bring out some tracks we haven't seen performed yet.

Of course, these are only options and ideas. We really have no idea what's coming (and if you've followed the last few preshow posts, my predictions have been pretty off too :P). What we are sure of, though, is that these shows will definitely be some of the most unique shows in Linkin Park's history. The UK tour kicks off next week on July 3 at the O2 Arena in London, followed by a second night in London titled One More Night in London at the Brixton Academy (the host of Linkin Park's legendary 2001 show), ending it all off in Birmingham on July 6. Don't miss the show updates for these ones - follow us on Twitter and Facebook for live updates. Let us know what you think the band will do!

Check out the rest of Linkin Park's 2017 touring schedule here.

Why would they do that? Do we have a source?

It's not the first time that they don't have an opening band and they have never tried to play longer sets.

Would be cool but I don't see it happening probably 1 or 2 extra songs.

Confirmed by the venue itself:

DDg7kNkXsAAyK1P.jpg

Sucks that they didn't have such an opportunity earlier, when Chester's voice was in shape. The fact that the London shows are one after another makes it even worse. I guess that a small FM set is very probable aswell as some instrumentals.

Edited by TheDamian58C

It'll be normal set, with Bleed It Out [extended drum solo intro with Sweet Child O Mine and RME v1 over intro, There They Go v1 all over Timbaland doing a remix of the intro, drum solo, sing along bridge with Burning In The Skies chorus, Papercut chorus, No Roads Left v1&ch1, APFMH v1&bridge, guitar solo, some shitty verse by MachineCuntKelly, Sabotage breakdown, Travis Barker rocks a drum solo with Street Drum Corps, Mike Einziger & Page Hamilton guitar solo, bit of a Depeche Mode singalong, Catalyst refrain sing along, 20 minute rant about how awesome Kiiara is from Chester, extended slow to fast outro]

Edited by Wilderness

It'll be normal set, with Bleed It Out [extended drum solo intro with Sweet Child O Mine and RME v1 over intro, There They Go v1 all over Timbaland doing a remix of the intro, drum solo, sing along bridge with Burning In The Skies chorus, Papercut chorus, No Roads Left v1&ch1, APFMH v1&bridge, guitar solo, some shitty verse by MachineCuntKelly, Sabotage breakdown, Travis Barker rocks a drum solo with Street Drum Corps, Mike Einziger & Page Hamilton guitar solo, bit of a Depeche Mode singalong, Catalyst refrain sing along, 20 minute rant about how awesome Kiiara is from Chester, extended slow to fast outro]

HOLY SHIT!!!

I think they should perform the entire OML album on Bleed It Out bridge!! Just imagine Brad just standing playing the same thing for 30 minutes on guitar!!

Awesome!

This just popped to my head... what if Mike does a 25 minutes Fort Minor set? and LP plays 3 more songs.

I was just thinking the same. I can totally see Mike doing a short FM set in the middle of the LP set. Something similar to what he did in 2015, only longer.

I think they will add only all rotation songs to the setlist and that's it. 110 minutes in Berlin plus 4 or 5 songs and we have 130 minutes plus the "normal being late LP-time" (~10 minutes) and maybe they will talk a little bit more. Everybody is more than happy ;)

By that logic, we are looking at along the lines of:

01. Fallout/Roads Untraveled
02. Talking To Myself
03. Burn It Down
04. The Catalyst
05. Wastelands
06. One Step Closer
07. Castle Of Glass Experience w/rap verse
08. Good Goodbye
09. Lost In The Echo
10. Battle Symphony

11. Nobody Can Save Me
12. New Divide
13. Invisible
14. Remember The Name/Waiting For The End
15. Breaking The Habit
16. One More Light
17. Crawling Piano Version
18. Leave Out All The Rest
19. Somewhere I Belong
20. Points of Authority
21. A Place For My Head
22. From The Inside
23. What I've Done
24. In The End
25. Faint
----------------------------------------------------
26. Sharp Edges
27. Numb
28. Heavy
29. Papercut
30. Bleed It Out

If so, I think it would be better to do some promotion, FM + LP show could attract more people.

The show has mostly sold out. It doesn't need any promo. :)

Besides, the relatively small venue Mike played in Kings Cross didn't sell out, so I can't imagine it'll make much of a difference unfortunately.

Edited by Wilderness

Don't forget the band doing the Harlem Shake.