Winter 2015 North American Tour Announced!

RogueSoul

Is it even possible to play War in Standard? Don't you need a D Powerchord?

In before Brad's not even playing the new song in the picture, lol. I feel like War will be the new VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY). I wonder if they'll mash shit up again with a short song like that.

I guess we will see in 2 days or maybe sooner if we get a leak of the setlist or something. I wonder if they switched anything else up in the set. I know that Mike said they are only adding 1 new song to the setlist for this tour, but does that also mean songs from past albums and stuff, or does he mean new song as in from THP? It would be awesome to see maybe an old fan favorite brought back into the set for this tour. I think Tim will continue to do BIO with the band on this tour and a lot of the shows and I think that Austin will probably continue to do Faint at some shows with the band. Maybe Aaron Pauley will do the ballad medley again?

Also, with the new video from Brad, he referred to this tour as the ''North American stop of The Hunting Party Tour''. So does that mean that ''The Hunting Party Tour'' will continue to Asia and or Australia later in the year? I think that we probably will not get another US tour this year or maybe for the rest of THP cycle, so I'm really pumped for this tour.

Edited by Geki

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see what you mean with the guitar being in standard tuning and being likely for War, but it's possible that that picture was posted when he wasn't playing that song. I can see him playing a G barre chord which might be in War? I thought that it was in Drop D as well, and my first guess was Brad playing WID since it is Gm.

Is it even possible to play War in Standard? Don't you need a D Powerchord?

In before Brad's not even playing the new song in the picture, lol. I feel like War will be the new VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY). I wonder if they'll mash shit up again with a short song like that.

A few things...

1. Yes, it's possible to play War in standard, there aren't any D chords anywhere in the song. Main riff is E5-C5-G5, turnaround is F#5-B5-C5. War is a Chester-written song, and Chester typically writes in standard tuning. I know War is one of 2 songs from THP that I haven't tabbed yet, but this doesn't come as any surprise to me, I've been under the assumption that it was played in standard tuning from the day the album leaked.

2. Every other song from The Hunting Party that hasn't been played live can be ruled out from this one picture. KTTK requires Drop D. All for Nothing requires Drop D for the rhythm parts, Brad could feasibly play the lead parts in standard but that's simply not something that's going to happen, as Drop D is Brad's "default tuning" on his Strat and he's not going to change to another tuning if he doesn't need to. Mark the Graves requires Drop D. Drawbar is in standard, but the whole song is E minor arpeggios, and why would they play THAT of all things anyway? ALITS requires Drop D. Unless this is a complete curveball and "new song" means something "new" that's not from THP, it HAS to be War.

3. There is *NOTHING* in the Carnivores sets that's played in standard tuning, much less on a Strat. Every song Brad's played on a Strat to date (that actually made it into the live set) is in Drop D with the exception of Jornada del Muerto, which is in standard. They're obviously not bringing that one back, and that one doesn't have any powerchords in it anyway, it's all octaves. The only other "Strat songs" that are in standard tuning are I'll Be Gone and Roads Untraveled, neither of which have G5 chords in them, and neither of which stand a snowball's chance in hell of being added to the live set at this point.

TL;DR - There is no reason Brad's Strat would be in standard tuning for anything they've previously played on this touring cycle, and nothing else that could be added from the LP discography fits. Unless it's a cover or a COMPLETELY new song, it *has* to be War.

Given Up is definitely well known. It's a single with a physical release and music video and everything else. It's even charted.

But yeah, what if it's White Noise???

In its time it was well-known. Casuals who go to Linkin Park concerts, which is a majority of people, won't know Given Up. They'll know Numb, In the End, What I've Done, Burn it Down, New Divide, and maybe Iridescent and Bleed it Out. But not Given Up.

KTTK would not flow as well since there are so many changes in the first half of it. Not that it is overproduced, but they would be putting some of it on playback to have it decent live.

Yeah, that would make sense. One of the guitar parts is even sampled in the song itself, in the second verse, if the Stagelight samples are any indicator of what was sampled.