Winter 2015 North American Tour Announced!

RogueSoul

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, I can think of few bands more generic and overrated than Rise Against. There are far worse opening acts out there, but I've probably heard about 15 different Rise Against songs over the years...and the only one I can recall by name is Swing Life Away, because it's the only one that sounds REMOTELY different from the rest!

Have to massively disagree here. Being that Rise against is one of my favorite bands, id actually say there songs are similar at times but only songs on the same album. To me ever album has a different feel. Even though some might call an album repitive, I think it works because it makes the albums not all over the place.

Also if you are looking for different check out: Give it All, Roadside, Bricks, Prayer of the Refugee, Hero of War, and any song from "The Unraveling" to name some :)

Just got my ticket for the 12pm presale today. I have a decent section, and I would have gotten GA, but those are the most expensive tickets. 74.35 for a nice section where I can see everything that's going on, and if it doesn't sell out (not a ton of LP fans in Pitt but a decent amount of RA fans), I can move around like I've done for the last few shows at this venue :P .

SO HYPE

And I kinda agree with Astat about RA being overratted. I've heard a handful of their songs and they are alright, but they all sound the same. I was talking to my friend the other day and asked if he knew the one that has random tempo changes and screaming before the chorus started and he didn't know which one I was talking about. Still, this is going to be the real Carnivores Tour.

Edited by Tyler

Have to massively disagree here. Being that Rise against is one of my favorite bands, id actually say there songs are similar at times but only songs on the same album. To me ever album has a different feel. Even though some might call an album repitive, I think it works because it makes the albums not all over the place.

Also if you are looking for different check out: Give it All, Roadside, Bricks, Prayer of the Refugee, Hero of War, and any song from "The Unraveling" to name some :)

I do remember "Give it All" now, I believe that was the first song I heard by them. Saw a local band cover it at a bar show once and the singer failed miserably on the chorus. :P

I like RA's live show. Only saw them once but they were electric. This blows Whoa Whoa Whoa Leto out of the water.

If anyone was curious, Lorenzo said the special LP viewing platform for one of the packages is behind the sound booth, and that the early entry package people are in the same line as LPU.

Haven't checked in on this thread in a while. Sorry for all the quoting, but I wanted to address a lot of stuff, haha.

I think they will add some new song in setlist , isn't it ?

Yeah, I definitely think they'll change the setlists and add new songs from The Hunting Party, among other things.

Dang it. They're playing in Nashville and I'll be out of the US in January. I wish the tour was in March. Whatever. It's cool that they're playing in places they haven't visited in a long time. I hope they add more THP songs to the set.

That sucks man! I was hoping we could see LP together again! Nashville of all places would have been great. Next time for sure.

Correction to the list: Console Energy Center in Pittsburgh opened a few years ago, LP never came here until 2015. I think 2008 was the last time they were in Pittsburgh.

The list doesn't refer to the actual venues, it refers to the last time they were in the city. Pittsburgh was December 2003 for a radio show. 2004 and 2008 in Burgettstown...that's technically another city and we count it differently, especially since the only time they'd play Burgettstown is in the summer. Interesting fact: Burgettstown was scheduled for Honda Civic Tour in 2012 and was "canceled" last minute by Live Nation & Linkin Park and replaced by Alpharetta instead. That's why the tour routing looks so weird. It was supposed to go Camden -> Burgettstown -> Auburn Hills, but they swapped it for Alpharetta for some reason. The southeast was actually going to get zero shows on that tour. And that information comes from a very very very reliable source at the time in 2012 (before the tour was officially announced).

Meet and greet packages aren't available for Atlantic City or Calgary. Wonder if those could be potential Summit locations? There's a day off before AC but not one before Calgary.

I guess so, yeah. I guess it'll be Calgary. That's pretty far away from where they've done a Summit before and it's also in Canada. I don't see any sense in doing one in Atlantic City even though that venue is very historic and is cool as fuck. Really jealous I don't get to see that show.

I don't know why I continue to get my hopes up for a NOLA show. Maybe I'll be able to get out to Nashville though.

Just like you, I can't believe they skipped New Orleans AGAIN. I thought they'd hit in 2008 on the arena tour and I definitely thought this arena tour would get a show. They haven't been there since 2003. Really crazy. They need to book a show there, seriously. I'd love to come there and see LP at the arena. This is extra surprising considering they don't play Georgia anymore and there isn't a lot of southeast stuff on this tour.

"2015" site need an update :P :D

Done!

I feel like it's unlikely that there will be a Atlantic City summit given that there was one in Camden two years back (unless LP wants to hit the same state twice with a summit - I'm not complaining). I see Calgary as a more likely candidate.

Agreed.

Does anyone feel like more shows might be announced? It throws me off that there are literally no West Coast shows. I know there are cities they rarely play at in the West Coast.

EDIT: Was looking at past concert dates, I had no Idea Linkin Park did an End session in 2001! 107.7 best Radio station in Washington. Same with 1077's Deck the Hall Ball in 2003. I knew 1077 fell off a little but dang, I wish I was big into music back then.

No I don't think they'll add any other shows to this tour. The west coast isn't getting shows for a reason. They usually only play Phoenix once every touring cycle now, but I could be proven wrong if they go back there this summer. California and Las Vegas have the holiday radio show(s) and Rock In Rio.

Also, Cleveland gets shit on for the THIRD album cycle in a row. I feel really bad for all my friends/family that still live in the area, the home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame apparently isn't even worthy of a stop on a B-market tour 7 years after their last show in the area (and ELEVEN years after their last show that was actually in the city).

On another note, I can think of few bands more generic and overrated than Rise Against. There are far worse opening acts out there, but I've probably heard about 15 different Rise Against songs over the years...and the only one I can recall by name is Swing Life Away, because it's the only one that sounds REMOTELY different from the rest!

Interesting that they skip Cleveland too. Cleveland and New Orleans are cities that desperately need a Linkin Park show.

Rise Against put on an amazing live show when I saw them in 2012. They did a preshow M&G at a local record store and I got a picture with them and they made their vinyl out to me. Badass. I was front row at the show which was unconventionally done behind the Masquerade at a 10,000 capacity open air park with a hill. That shit was NUTS. A Day To Remember blew the place apart and Rise Against killed it. Really impressive. They aren't in my top 10 bands but I do jam to them and love their music. It's been a while since LP has gotten an amazing opening act that is legit smaller than them and I am glad I am able to see Rise Against on this tour. As much as I bitch about their opening bands, they finally nailed it with Rise Against.

I love Rise Against so this is a dream tour for me. I'm pumped. Glad I saved my money since I'm gonna have to fly to the East Coast. Strange that they're choosing the coldest places haha

Yes they kick ass!!

And with early entry: the LPU goes in just before the package people I believe.

Lorenzo is saying on his Twitter that people should be getting in at the same time. LPU and Premium Package folks.

All depends on if it is a clusterufck or not. I've gone to shows that flow smoothly with early entry, and other times it was a MAD HOUSE.

I mean, in a perfect world, both groups getting in at the same time would make the most sense. People paying the CRAZY amount of money for those premium packages, and loyal LPU fans should have an equal opportunity for having the spot at the show they desire. I mean, everyone is gonna have a laminate, whether it be LPU or Premium Deluxe, or whatever.

Edited by JustinLydard

The list doesn't refer to the actual venues, it refers to the last time they were in the city. Pittsburgh was December 2003 for a radio show. 2004 and 2008 in Burgettstown...that's technically another city and we count it differently, especially since the only time they'd play Burgettstown is in the summer. Interesting fact: Burgettstown was scheduled for Honda Civic Tour in 2012 and was "canceled" last minute by Live Nation & Linkin Park and replaced by Alpharetta instead. That's why the tour routing looks so weird. It was supposed to go Camden -> Burgettstown -> Auburn Hills, but they swapped it for Alpharetta for some reason. The southeast was actually going to get zero shows on that tour.

Wow I didn't know that. My bad about Pittsburgh/Burgettstown, they are kind of close, and I didn't expect them to go to the amphitheater there. I thought they had performed at Consol's original site.

As much as you and I have personally learned about the music industry over the past few years, I am shocked you actually think the band tells their management and booking agent "Oh yeah, let's hit some cities we don't go to a lot." The band probably doesn't even have any idea where they are even going. "Mad props" to the band? Because they made up a quote from Chester lol? Please. Only props should be going to their booking agent who routed the tour and got it booked up.

With that being said, it certainly is cool to see the band go to these cities again. Nashville 2008 was one of the best LP shows I've seen and definitely the best one that has been held in an arena. I was already contacted by Whitney from Music for Relief yesterday on what shows I'll be able to do on the tour. Orlando and Nashville seem to be the only locks for right now.

And with that being said, it is also bizarre the band continues to pass by cities like New Orleans and for whatever reason, Atlanta now.

As much as you and I have personally learned about the music industry over the past few years, I am shocked you actually think the band tells their management and booking agent "Oh yeah, let's hit some cities we don't go to a lot." The band probably doesn't even have any idea where they are even going. "Mad props" to the band? Because they made up a quote from Chester lol? Please. Only props should be going to their booking agent who routed the tour and got it booked up.

Yeah! Money is what they want. Not sure about the band. Like it or not... its their job (management and agent).

I guess they get the infos about tour when the negotiations get done.

It's pretty awesome having Uncasville, Providence, and Manchester all within two hours of me. Due to the price (and my disdain for Uncasville since the Honda Civic Tour), I got GA for Providence and gonna get seats tomorrow for Manchester. I've seen Rise Against and Of Mice & Men before and they were strong acts and this tour is going to be great.

Of course, LP won't be playing in my state yet again. I'm glad they came here in 2008. Had to travel out of state for Carnivores Tour.

Hoping they debut new songs, like they did during their MTM NA tour in winter 2008. I doubt ALITS and AFN will be played. Probably Keys and/or Graves.

• 3 weeks later...

Venue capacities:

Orlando: 20,000

Nashville: 20,000

Indianapolis: 18,165

Pittsburgh: 19,758

Albany: 17,500

Atlantic City: 10,500

Providence: 12,400

Brooklyn: 18,103

Hershey: 10,500

Greensboro: 23,500

Uncasville: 10,000

Manchester: 11,770

Hamilton: 17,383

Grand Rapids: 10,834

Des Moines: 16,110

Lincoln: 15,147

Saskatoon: 15,195

Calgary: 19,289

Edmonton: 16,839

Greensboro is the largest show surprisingly and Uncasville is the smallest show. The venues out west are interesting - Calgary is huge. I think a good number of these will sell out, especially smaller ones like Hershey, Atlantic City, etc.