Winter 2015 North American Tour Announced!

RogueSoul

Uncasville 2012 was a disappointingly bad show for me. Crowd sat down, no one was going off except the LPU early entry people and hardcore fans in the front 1-3 rows. Mike was visibly not pleased.

Yeah, I was up front at that show and it seemed like the front row was literally the only people that showed some excitement.

Edited by Geki

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or does it seem like no one is going to this tour? Usually you will see a lot more hype and a lot of hardcore LP fans talking about the upcoming shows, etc. It seems like a lot of the hardcore fans won't be able to make it to this tour because of the locations that LP chose. I will admit, the cities on this tour are a bit weird for a band of LP's nature, naturally I would assume they would be playing places like Boston, Madison Square Garden, Staples Center, etc. The band seems to be pretty excited for this tour, well at least Mike seems to be. I can't wait for it... I actually love the opening bands and LP is rumored to be adding a new song from THP to the set.

It's always loke this. Especially for a "second" tour. Things will pick up next week as we get closer to the beginning of the tour.

Do you think there will be a third tour this summer? It could be like what LP did on the MTM touring cycle. Summer tour in 2007, winter tour in 2008 and then summer tour in 2008. I think this will probably be the final tour in the US for THP aside from a few off shows because they still haven't played in Asia, Australia/New Zealand, etc.

Do you think there will be a third tour this summer? It could be like what LP did on the MTM touring cycle. Summer tour in 2007, winter tour in 2008 and then summer tour in 2008. I think this will probably be the final tour in the US for THP aside from a few off shows because they still haven't played in Asia, Australia/New Zealand, etc.

Maybe? Looks like they're prioritizing Europe this summer. Maybe something in the spring between all these festivals but it doesn't look like we'll see another real U.S. tour after this one soon.

Is it just me or does it seem like no one is going to this tour? Usually you will see a lot more hype and a lot of hardcore LP fans talking about the upcoming shows, etc. It seems like a lot of the hardcore fans won't be able to make it to this tour because of the locations that LP chose. I will admit, the cities on this tour are a bit weird for a band of LP's nature, naturally I would assume they would be playing places like Boston, Madison Square Garden, Staples Center, etc. The band seems to be pretty excited for this tour, well at least Mike seems to be. I can't wait for it... I actually love the opening bands and LP is rumored to be adding a new song from THP to the set.

It's always loke this. Especially for a "second" tour. Things will pick up next week as we get closer to the beginning of the tour.

from what I see, it's mostly people from CA asking for extra dates..

the locations do seem a little weird, i don't know about the specific cities but

• 11 years since last time in Iowa
  • 14 years since last time in Rhode Island

this is certainly not a normal tour for LP

from what I see, it's mostly people from CA asking for extra dates..

the locations do seem a little weird, i don't know about the specific cities but

• 11 years since last time in Iowa
  • 14 years since last time in Rhode Island

this is certainly not a normal tour for LP

A lot of them are just small cities. Take Albany for example, which is the capitol of New York, but after you have been to New York City, it makes Albany look like a small town. It's definitely a ''B Cities'' tour but it's a bit different then in the past, like in 2008 when they did a ''B Cities'' tour because even that tour had shows at places like Madison Square Garden, Staples Center, etc. It seems like they wanted to play in smaller venues to kind of capture that punk rock sort of feel, which is kind of cool, especially since Rise Against is one of the opening bands.

The only big market they are hitting on the tour is Brooklyn but no band would logically tour the USA and skip the NYC area. For whatever reason that's just something you don't do. But there are a good bit of shows CLOSE to big markets - an hour or so away. Orlando is super close to Tampa, Providence is close to Boston, Hershey is under 2 hours from Philly and is between Pittsburgh and Philly (even though they're playing Pittsburgh too), Atlantic City is 90 mins from Philly, etc. Some of them are in the absolute middle of nowhere.

I'd put Nashville and Brooklyn on an A city tour and the rest seem to be legit B cities.

Regardless I am excited for the tour, as always. I hope they change the set up a good bit but since they haven't even started rehearsing yet I guess they won't change anything, or maybe just add 1 new song like ALITS.

I'm from Australia and hopefully they tour soon!!,

I think this is the last USA tour for The Hunting Party.

Yeah, me too. They'll probably just play a few random shows in the US this year and tour the rest of the world for the rest of the cycle.

So LP just confirmed that they are adding a new song for the set on this tour. People have already figured out that the song is ''War''. I think Astat confirmed it. Pretty AWESOME huh? I love the song so I can't wait to see it performed live. I was hoping for Keys but War is fine with me.

So LP just confirmed that they are adding a new song for the set on this tour. People have already figured out that the song is ''War''. I think Astat confirmed it. Pretty AWESOME huh? I love the song so I can't wait to see it performed live. I was hoping for Keys but War is fine with me.

How have people confirmed that? I see nothing on the site

How have people confirmed that? I see nothing on the site

Check the LPL Facebook. It's not 100% confirmed, I don't think, but Astat knows what he is talking about. Even though we basically know what the ''new song'' is, the good thing is also the fact that whatever the song is, it's going to a heavy song because they already play UIG and FM in the set, and the rest of the album is heavy. So it would either be KTTK, AFN, War, MTG or ALITS.

Edited by Geki

Check the LPL Facebook. It's not 100% confirmed, I don't think, but Astat knows what he is talking about. Even though we basically know what the ''new song'' is, the good thing is also the fact that whatever the song is, it's going to a heavy song because they already play UIG and FM in the set, and the rest of the album is heavy. So it would either be KTTK, AFN, War, MTG or ALITS.

I see what you mean with the guitar being in standard tuning and being likely for War, but it's possible that that picture was posted when he wasn't playing that song. I can see him playing a G barre chord which might be in War? I thought that it was in Drop D as well, and my first guess was Brad playing WID since it is Gm.

Really not sure. War seems like the easiest one to play so it isn't really surprising to me. I wonder if they'll keep it at that or add A Line In The Sand.

I bet they didn't rehearse for so long (only rehearsing for 3 days for this tour) because Phoenix at the Rock am Ring interview said that they rehearsed "pretty much the whole album" in April/May. For a song they already know, I'm sure it's just keeping them fresh with it. However, Castle Of Glass did take them a few weeks, haha.

I'm afraid of War live to be honest, and Hahninator is right about them already knowing the songs, they are just refreshing on some of them from THP. Of course, playing ALITS at one random show would be possible because they already know the setup, it would just be a live very debut.

Also, if War is played, would they just have Wastelands follow that? It seems like its the most logical since the songs follow each other

I'm afraid of War live to be honest, and Hahninator is right about them already knowing the songs, they are just refreshing on some of them from THP. Of course, playing ALITS at one random show would be possible because they already know the setup, it would just be a live very debut.

Also, if War is played, would they just have Wastelands follow that? It seems like its the most logical since the songs follow each other

It could takes Runaway place.

hope they'll bring back some old song too like Breaking The Habit, From The Inside or No More Sorrow.

Is it even possible to play War in Standard? Don't you need a D Powerchord?

In before Brad's not even playing the new song in the picture, lol. I feel like War will be the new VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY). I wonder if they'll mash shit up again with a short song like that.