Linkin Park's 4x12 Exclusive Video by Chideo

Stranger

Chideo has released an exclusive premium video from Linkin Park – 4X12. An innovative mash-up, the video features the best moments from four classic Linkin Park songs recorded in 12 cities during the band’s Carnivores Tour: http://chideo.com/r/RXZGER

The four songs, which total 17:49 in length, are edited into unique, new live versions:

* “Guilty All the Same” – recorded in Phoenix, Ariz.; Bristow, Va., Tampa, Fla. and St. Paul, Minn.

* “Given Up” – recorded in Charlotte, N.C.; and Darien Lake, N.Y.

* “Waiting for the End” – recorded in Houston, Texas; Dallas, Texas; and Denver, Colo.

* “Final Masquerade” – recorded in Chicago, Ill.; Winnipeg, Ca. and Detroit, Mich.

This rare video recording is made available by the band in support of Music for Change. MFR currently is raising funds to supply critically needed protective gear and supplies for medical professionals battling Ebola in West Africa.

Donate now and play the video anytime from your Chideo account: http://chideo.com/r/RXZGER

Edited by AndOne

This is really disappointing that this type of stuff can't be used for the LPU. Chideo raises good money for charity, but LPU does as well. I'll even challenge that and say the LPU gives more money to MFR than Chideo does through their donations. There have been LPU-only shows for MFR, the LPU constantly donates a significant amount of money at each show to MFR, etc. I don't understand why the fanclub can't get some exclusive videos like this. Proshot videos used to exist on the LPU and now it's almost impossible to get any sort of exclusive video, whether it's live or not. They could really take advantage of the live stuff to post since they have SO much of it in their vault.

Even as a big fan of the band I am not going to donate to Chideo so that they can turn around and give that to MFR, when I am already donating to MFR in other ways (including on tour). The Linkin Park fans are INCREDIBLY supportive of MFR in my opinion, especially the LPU fans. Why is this type of stuff happening and penalizing the fanclub?

Chideo is very frustrating to me when I think about how much cool content the LPU could have that Chideo is taking away from them. How does Linkin Park as a band go from not having any time on tour to record videos for the LPU to a complete 180 and having time to record stuff at almost EVERY show for the first part of Carnivores for Chideo? The timing also surprises me - the LPUTV episodes from 2012-2013 would come months (one month to six months) AFTER a show/tour but Chideo stuff can be uploaded ASAP by the band? What in the world? Why is the actual band not interested in doing stuff for the fanclub?

Even as a big fan of the band I am not going to donate to Chideo so that they can turn around and give that to MFR, when I am already donating to MFR in other ways (including on tour). The Linkin Park fans are INCREDIBLY supportive of MFR in my opinion, especially the LPU fans. Why is this type of stuff happening and penalizing the fanclub?

I don't get it why they use a platform like Chideo. They have their own thing with MFR and I don't see a reason why they should use a third party to collect donations. Since Chideo is not a non-profit organization and not a charity organisation themselves at all they just lose out on money. I guess MFR has to give Chideo a cut of the donations in order for them to host and publish those videos (Makes me wonder who creates the videos. Someone from Chideo or LP, Fiore?). So all MFR and LP are doing with this is helping a for-profit company to grow and earn some cash with money which is supposed to go towards charity. That's a pretty fucked up concept in my opinion.

So to sum things up:

- Less content for the LPU who is already paying for that type of content

- Less money for MFR/charity in general (Assuming Chideo gets a cut. I can't imagine how they fund themselves otherwise)

- Money for a company that does pretty much nothing but hosting a few videos. MFR could have set up a system like that themselves easily if they want to put content behind a paywall (or in this case a donationwall).

Edit:

Okay I looked around a bit on their page (http://www.chideo.com/about) and it seems like I wasn't that off with my assumptions. First of all, they're distancing themselves from being a charity company/organization/whatever. So they want to earn money.

They even state how much of the money they get: 20%

What makes it even worse: they act like they are doing better than other fundraisers, because apparently others charge even more. Well I guess donating directly do the charity is even better than going through some fundraiser platform if you are taking a part of it. I am pretty sure there are fundraiser platform for charity that charge almost nothing so I don't know where they get their numbers from.

Edited by graveguard

Chideo is pretty stupid, IMO. LP makes $$$ off of fans by doing stuff like this, they have been for a while, but I won't get into detail because the last time I did, I got banned. But yeah. LPU should definitely get this stuff. LPUTV hasn't been updated in over a year now, which is very sad. I was really hoping they would drop all this Chideo/VyRt bullshit after the Carnivores tour was over, I hope they still do since these videos are from Carnivores.

LP makes $$$ off of fans by doing stuff like this, they have been for a while, but I won't get into detail because the last time I did, I got banned.

Well one of my thoughts is that some members of LP are involved with Chideo and have a financial interest in it. I honestly see no other reason why they should use it otherwise.

I don't get it why they use a platform like Chideo. They have their own thing with MFR and I don't see a reason why they should use a third party to collect donations. Since Chideo is not a non-profit organization and not a charity organisation themselves at all they just lose out on money. I guess MFR has to give Chideo a cut of the donations in order for them to host and publish those videos (Makes me wonder who creates the videos. Someone from Chideo or LP, Fiore?). So all MFR and LP are doing with this is helping a for-profit company to grow and earn some cash with money which is supposed to go towards charity. That's a pretty fucked up concept in my opinion.

So to sum things up:

- Less content for the LPU who is already paying for that type of content

- Less money for MFR/charity in general (Assuming Chideo gets a cut. I can't imagine how they fund themselves otherwise)

- Money for a company that does pretty much nothing but hosting a few videos. MFR could have set up a system like that themselves easily if they want to put content behind a paywall (or in this case a donationwall).

Edit:

Okay I looked around a bit on their page (http://www.chideo.com/about) and it seems like I wasn't that off with my assumptions. First of all, they're distancing themselves from being a charity company/organization/whatever. So they want to earn money.

They even state how much of the money they get: 20%

What makes it even worse: they act like they are doing better than other fundraisers, because apparently others charge even more. Well I guess donating directly do the charity is even better than going through some fundraiser platform if you are taking a part of it. I am pretty sure there are fundraiser platform for charity that charge almost nothing so I don't know where they get their numbers from.

To be fair, having worked in the non-profit fundraising industry and seen more numbers on this than I care to remember, an 80/20 split between how much goes to the cause and how much goes to the company itself is relatively good, in fact it's actually better than MFR's ratio of administrative costs vs. how much is spent on their causes - roughly 70-75% goes to the causes when you donate to them directly, based on their annual reports from the last few years. With that said, that means that if you donate to Chideo, 80% is going to MFR, and 70-75% of THAT is ultimately going to the charity. Why introduce a middleman that's only going to take another cut out of the money you're donating? It makes much more sense to just donate to MFR directly.

Edited by Astat

To be fair, having worked in the non-profit fundraising industry and seen more numbers on this than I care to remember, an 80/20 split between how much goes to the cause and how much goes to the company itself is relatively good, in fact it's actually better than MFR's ratio of administrative costs vs. how much is spent on their causes - roughly 70-75% goes to the causes when you donate to them directly, based on their annual reports from the last few years. With that said, that means that if you donate to Chideo, 80% is going to MFR, and 70-75% of THAT is ultimately going to the charity. Why introduce a middleman that's only going to take another cut out of the money you're donating? It makes much more sense to just donate to MFR directly.

Yeah I know that there is always some loss on the way since these organizations also have to pay their staff and all the things to keep it going. But Chideo is just a fundraiser platform. It's not a charity organization, so comparing those numbers is a bit weird in my opinion. Also like you said, the charity that gets the money from Chideo still has to cover their own costs which will reduce the amount of money that goes to the problem. Adding a middleman whose only intention it is to make money is just a very bad practice in my opinion.

With that said, that means that if you donate to Chideo, 80% is going to MFR, and 70-75% of THAT is ultimately going to the charity.

So it means that 56-60% goes ultimately to the charity, which is about 15% less than directly from MFR. They get pretty equal profit from it, 20% to Chideo and 20% or more to MFR. I think the whole Chideo thing was meant to let Chideo earn some money, and MFR is just loosing on it.

I feel like Chester really needs to rest his voice. He sounds very strained on WFTE and looks like he's struggling through FM.

Try to sing like that every night, I wonder if you could sing the same way always, he's human.

Thanks god i'm not part of the LPU anymore, the band doesn't cares enough about it... the chideo videos are 100x better than anything that the LPU has released EVER... the LPU videos were crap.. 30 seconds intro and 20 seconds of the band doing something pointless on the other hand chideo is getting pretty aawesome and interesting stuff.

Try to sing like that every night, I wonder if you could sing the same way always, he's human.

Thanks god i'm not part of the LPU anymore, the band doesn't cares enough about it... the chideo videos are 100x better than anything that the LPU has released EVER... the LPU videos were crap.. 30 seconds intro and 20 seconds of the band doing something pointless on the other hand chideo is getting pretty aawesome and interesting stuff.

These Chideo videos are cool and it sucks that we don't get them through LPU-TV instead, but I honestly think some of the LPU-TV stuff is pretty epic. Mostly because it's ''exclusive'' so I feel like I am getting something more than the average fan, same goes with the LPU music. But I guess nothing is really exclusive anymore, because people will still give it out for free. But I like LPU-TV. Some of them are even better than LPTV episodes. The Making Of DVD's that used to come with LP releases were always the best though, IMO, a lot better than LPTV was compared to those.

Edited by Geki