Some random info

BeardyWilderness

Just some random DBS/JK info I thought I'd share with you guys.

1. I asked Chester if DBS will be touring US. "Personally, I'd love to! But it wouldn't be fair on the guys in Linkin Park"

2. Amit (thepoet), Lisa (immortalsoul), Laura (I don't think she's on LPL) and I got to listen to 2 Julien K songs that are planned to be on their second album. We also got chances to listen to Killing Fields - it's amazing

3. Ryan told me Everyone Knows is planned to be on the 2nd album

4. Elias was actually asked to be the drummer of the live Nine Inch Nails band. He declined as he was working with Julien K, despite NIN being one his all-time favourite bands

5. For the Hamburg show, there was talk of Chester joining The Delta Fiasco for one song. Due to stage setup, it become an impossibility

Edit:

6. In The Darkness was planned to be on the New Moon soundtrack. However, they wanted the song exclusively. Dead By Sunrise declined after this decision.

If I remember any more, I will update.

Just some random DBS/JK info I thought I'd share with you guys.

1. I asked Chester if DBS will be touring US. "Personally, I'd love to! But it wouldn't be fair on the guys in Linkin Park"

2. Amit (thepoet), Lisa (immortalsoul), Laura (I don't think she's on LPL) and I got to listen to 2 Julien K songs that are planned to be on their second album. We also got chances to listen to Killing Fields - it's amazing

3. Ryan told me Everyone Knows is planned to be on the 2nd album

4. Elias was actually asked to be the drummer of the live Nine Inch Nails band. He declined as he was working with Julien K, despite NIN being one his all-time favourite bands

5. For the Hamburg show, there was talk of Chester joining The Delta Fiasco for one song. Due to stage setup, it become an impossibility.

If I remember any more, I will update.

1. It's not far on the guys in Linkin Park? But it was more fair on them to tour on the other side of the world? Nice way to look at it Chester :rolleyes: unless he was being serious on getting the new record done then i guess i understadn

2. LUCKY! Ughhh i love Julien-K. Cant wait for the second record

3. Sweet

4. Woa? word? Thats excellent for Elias shows he's getting his name out there :P

5. Haha. Not enough for a mic? Oh well.

Whoopsie. Gah my posts lately have not been thought out too well...

:P its all gravy :D

Lee, you're my idol...

+1

so maybe now chester got it through his head the timing wasnt right for DBS to come out considering he said that about the whole its not fair to Linkin Park. Wonder how long it took him to realize that . Not even a proper tour in the US. So pretty much if you didnt live in MD,NY,CA,NV,TX you didnt see DBS unless you traveled like me/Geki/Papelbon. Greattt. Hopefully Mr.Bennington you can take notes and use this for future referance. <_<

Ah! Can you describe the new JK music? You lucky lucky person.

And as for Chester saying it wouldn't be fair for DBS to tour the US, I thought LP and DBS totally had a system worked out where touring wouldn't cut into album time. :P

The new JK demos (rough demos, by the way, so there's a lot of room for changes) we listened to are actually the ones that Ryan and the band mentioned in their Twitter updates: "Cruel Heart Girl" and "Nights Of Future Past"! :)

Edited by immortalsoul

The new JK demos (rough demos, by the way, so there's a lot of room for changes) we listened to are actually the ones that Ryan and the band mentioned in their Twitter updates: "Cruel Heart Girl" and "Nights Of Future Past"! :)

What does Killing fields sound like ? if you could compare it to any song off DTA ? I so cant wait for it, is the back and forth stuff between ryan and brandon any good ? same for the new songs ! Tell tell tell

What does Killing fields sound like ? if you could compare it to any song off DTA ? I so cant wait for it, is the back and forth stuff between ryan and brandon any good ? same for the new songs ! Tell tell tell

wow, really hard to compare it to anything. I personally heard only like the half of it, but I have to say that all jk fans and even nonfans won't be dissapointed, really awesome song.

I actually can't compare "Killing Fields" to any other song on the album.... The chorus is super catchy and Ryan sings quite high! Maybe in a sense it has a "Dreamland" feel or it might even remind people of the sample of "Everyone Knows" that is floating around... It has a real dancefloor vibe and such a great bass beat behind it... And an even greater bridge. Words can't describe how great this song is!! I don't hear Brandon and Ryan singing together, though *lol*

I won't tell anything more about the new demos, though, because it was already such an honor that the guys even let us hear them... But I can tell you that they are simply mind-blowing and they left me completely speechless!! Even though they are rough demos, they already sound like clear hits!!!

I actually can't compare "Killing Fields" to any other song on the album.... The chorus is super catchy and Ryan sings quite high! Maybe in a sense it has a "Dreamland" feel or it might even remind people of the sample of "Everyone Knows" that is floating around... It has a real dancefloor vibe and such a great bass beat behind it... And an even greater bridge. Words can't describe how great this song is!! I don't hear Brandon and Ryan singing together, though *lol*

I won't tell anything more about the new demos, though, because it was already such an honor that the guys even let us hear them... But I can tell you that they are simply mind-blowing and they left me completely speechless!! Even though they are rough demos, they already sound like clear hits!!!

Ah, thats what i was hoping, something like a futura-ish beat. I'm sure i heard they both sing on the chorus back and forth.

Ah come on your not under NDA :D Lol

They sound any different to DTA stuff or are they more of the same

Ah, thats what i was hoping, something like a futura-ish beat. I'm sure i heard they both sing on the chorus back and forth.

Ah come on your not under NDA :D Lol

They sound any different to DTA stuff or are they more of the same

Okay, now I need to listen to it again since you said that with Brandon :D ... Hmm, I would say it is only Ryan... If it REALLY is Brandon, he sounds very different! And if it's really him, I feel bad for not recognizing him! LOL!

You really recognize the demos as being Julien-K demos but I think they were a bit different. It's hard to tell when you only listened to them like twice and when you wanna listen to Chester talk at the same time! lol*

Edited by immortalsoul

1. It's not far on the guys in Linkin Park? But it was more fair on them to tour on the other side of the world? Nice way to look at it Chester :rolleyes: unless he was being serious on getting the new record done then i guess i understadn

Well, it's pretty clear why they toured Europe and not the US. The sales in Europe were way better so there were more people who wanted to see them live. Simple as that.

and Wilderness: Did it get boring at the later concerts as you had seen them so much in a row with the same setlist and similar performance? Just curious:)

Edited by Derbyster