Some random info

BeardyWilderness

6. In The Darkness was planned to be on the New Moon soundtrack. However, they wanted the song exclusively. Dead By Sunrise declined after this decision.

If I remember any more, I will update.

what does it mean for it to be exclusively? what are the pros and cons

Adding "In The Darkness" would have only helped the band, since the fanbase for Twilight iz so huge and "Out of Ashes" didn't get much publicity at all so yea. But idc either way, im glad that he's done touring and will fully focus on LP now.

Adding "In The Darkness" would have only helped the band, since the fanbase for Twilight iz so huge and "Out of Ashes" didn't get much publicity at all so yea. But idc either way, im glad that he's done touring and will fully focus on LP now.

if you see it from this point of view you are right! Fire was on a soundtrack and i think the main reason is, the band loves this song to much, thats why they didn't like to put it on the new moon soundtrack. right decission in my opinion :D

If it was exclusive to New Moon that means it would not be on the Out of Ashes album and just on the New Moon soundtrack I think.

Pros - would be that Dead by Sunrise would be much more well known as the twilight fanbase is huge so it would have been a good way to sell more albums = DBS being more successful mainstream.

Cons - In the Darkness is such a personal song and it would have been such a shame if it was excluded from Out of Ashes. Personally I think it is one of the best songs on the album.

Right decision by the band in my opinion.

Wilderness - Thanks for the info, not just on this thread but over all throughout the past few weeks!

If it was exclusive to New Moon that means it would not be on the Out of Ashes album and just on the New Moon soundtrack I think.

Pros - would be that Dead by Sunrise would be much more well known as the twilight fanbase is huge so it would have been a good way to sell more albums = DBS being more successful mainstream.

Cons - In the Darkness is such a personal song and it would have been such a shame if it was excluded from Out of Ashes. Personally I think it is one of the best songs on the album.

Wilderness - Thanks for the info, not just on this thread but over all throughout the past few weeks!

If I were Chester, I would rather have fan true fans than be a sell-out. :0

Honestly, I don't know what Chester was expecting as far as the sales go for Out Of Ashes. It wasn't promoted well at all, first of all. The record was supposed to come out in 2005, there were even press for it then. It came out in late 2009. The record is very personal and most people know Chester for his work in Linkin Park. Obviously Linkin Park is a bigger, very successful band and the music is also better. Linkin Park is Mike Shinoda, DBS is not. Mike Shinoda is like the best musician of this generation. I think Chester should be thankful for all the die-hard fans that have supported him with this project. They still got to play a bunch of shows in the US, including an MTV show, they also toured Asia and Europe and did pretty well. They played AAC this year. They have headlined a bunch of shows. Let Down didn't do terribly in the charts I don't think. I think he should realize those things instead of updating twitter about how he thinks he made a bad record because it wasn't the most popular album of 2009 pretty much. I'm afraid of sell-out, it's starting to sound like that. And I don't really care if I get bashed for this post. I'm sick of hearing about DBS every post.

Edited by Geki

Thanks for all the updates guys! If you get the chance maybe ask about a possible JK DTA Release in Aus??? Or a tour even. Cant wait for all the new material! So any idea when JK's 2nd album comes out? Before/After LP's??

what does it mean for it to be exclusively? what are the pros and cons

If they had put In the Darkness on the New Moon soundtrack, they wouldn't have been able to put it on Out of Ashes.

If I were Chester, I would rather have fan true fans than be a sell-out. :0

ROFL @ the concept of having a song on the New Moon soundtrack bringing in "non-true fans," a.k.a. teenie boppers. The "Linkie Boppers" have only been around since 2001 and have shown no signs of going away at any point since then...

Also, putting a song on a movie soundtrack can in no way be used as an example of "selling out." Selling out implies a change in musical style made with the intent of commercializing yourself/your band further than what they already have been.

And OOA wasn't "supposed to come out in 2005," that's just when Chester first mentioned that he was working on a solo project. The first tentative release date for it wasn't until sometime in mid-2008.

he just like to release ITD on his own record and not on some soundtrack for a movie! and for sure not for such a bad movie as the twilight saga xD

If they had put In the Darkness on the New Moon soundtrack, they wouldn't have been able to put it on Out of Ashes.

Also, putting a song on a movie soundtrack can in no way be used as an example of "selling out." Selling out implies a change in musical style made with the intent of commercializing yourself/your band further than what they already have been.

Thank you for the info. I agree with chester's answer... and i think people tend to overuse the word sellout with even knowing what the hell it actually means

5. For the Hamburg show, there was talk of Chester joining The Delta Fiasco for one song. Due to stage setup, it become an impossibility

Wah, I didn't know this. Would have been amazing. But it's true, there wasn't any space for one more person :D