19.08.2013 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Stadium NBJ

The LAST show of the LIVING THINGS World Tour takes Linkin Park to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on the 19th of August, where they will play Stadium Nasional Bukit Jalil! This will be the band's first show in Kuala Lumpur since they last visited Malaysia on October 15, 2003 (show page here). In 2003, the band took a break from three shows in Australia to do a one-off performance in Malaysia, where strict regulations prevented them from cussing on stage and wearing shorts. This is their second show ever in the country...which should get the band a pretty large and loud crowd at the show.

At the recent shows in Asia, the band has been switching between Set A and Set B. Set B was at the last show in Taipei, meaning that this show probably will end with Set A. This is fitting, considering the entire LIVING THINGS touring cycle began with 'TINFOIL' and 'Faint' all the way back at the Hollywood House of Blues show in May 2012 (show page here), which are the same two songs that start Set A (a set that has evolved from that very first show for LIVING THINGS).

With the band going to the studio after this tour (the LPU Sessions winner(s) meet with the band in early October), it is very unlikely any additional tours will be announced for LIVING THINGS, meaning 'POWERLESS', 'I'LL BE GONE', 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' (in full), 'SKIN TO BONE' and 'ROADS UNTRAVELED' were all not played live. This is easily a first for Linkin Park. All album tracks for the band on the major releases (excluding Reanimation) have been performed live except for 'Robot Boy' up until this album. Will any of these LIVING THINGS songs ever see the light of day?

At the last show of the A Thousand Suns World Tour in Singapore (show page here), the band performed a slightly different setlist to end the tour. 'New Divide', 'From The Inside', and 'One Step Closer' opened the show, which easily has to be the biggest setlist-placement surprise we've seen in recent years. Will the band do something similar for Kuala Lumpur, or will they play it safe with Set A and end it all with that?

When do you think we will see the band play live again? The Mall soundtrack/score and the new album are both being worked on, so it possibly might be 2014 before we have another Linkin Park show. What do you think?

For the full 2013 touring schedule including setlists from all shows this year, click here.

SETLIST:

01. TINFOIL

02. Faint (Ext. Outro)

03. Papercut

04. Given Up (Ext. Outro w/ Extra Note)

05. With You (2012 Scratch Intro; Ext. Scratch Outro)

06. Somewhere I Belong (2012 Intro)

07. New Divide

08. VICTIMIZED (w/ QWERTY)

09. Points Of Authority

10. LIES GREED MISERY

11. Waiting For The End (Apaches Intro w/ 'UNTIL IT BREAKS' v2; Wall of Noise Outro)

12. Breaking The Habit

13. CASTLE OF GLASS

14. LOATR/SOTD/Iridescent (Ballad Medley)

15. The Catalyst

16. LOST IN THE ECHO (2012 Intro)

17. Numb (Outro 'Numb/Encore' Lyrics Tease (Mike/Chester)

18. What I've Done

19. One Step Closer (Ext. Outro)

--------------------------------------------

20. BURN IT DOWN

21. In The End

22. Bleed It Out (Ext. Intro; Ext. Bridge w/ 'Reading My Eyes' v1; Ext. Outro)

Setlist picture (for reporters, press, media, etc) here.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you think we will see the band play live again?

December, Event: the third part of "The only show in US this year" tour.

I guess they will do something diffrerent tomorrow, but not something big as live debut.

*sigh*

Last date of the Living Things tour..... and they didn't come to the UK, so disappointed I didn't get to see them.

I know they turn over albums quicker now but they might not play live again until the end of 2014 or start of 2015!! :o

Or Kroq Almost Accoustic at Christmas.

I know they turn over albums quicker now but they might not play live again until the end of 2014 or start of 2015!! :o

The first half of 2014 will be more realistic, and maybe they'll start with earopean tour this time.

The first half of 2014 will be more realistic, and maybe they'll start with earopean tour this time.

I like your optimism!!

Course, if they bring out a kickass awesome album they can take as long as they want (within reason)!!

@lplive:

Looks like POWERLESS, I'LL BE GONE, ROADS UNTRAVELED, SKIN TO BONE, and UNTIL IT BREAKS aren't going to be played live in 2013....

@LPFanCorner:

Mike said SKIN TO BONE isn't possible to play live. Too many samples.

@mikeshinoda:

Actually, not "impossible" to play, just not ideal with the current setup. Not going to happen on this tour though.

I'm thinking maybe late spring/early summer 2014 for a new single, and the new album maybe like July or early August. Something like that. I hope it's earlier, that way LP can do all the European festivals and stuff and maybe their own European tour, and then do a summer tour in the US, then hit up maybe like Australia/Asia and other countries in the fall. I liked how the MTM tour was set up. They hit tons of places multiples time with a good timeframe. Everyone was happy.

If they have a special setlist tonight, I'd be happy if they just change some placement and throw in some songs that weren't performed on this tour. But if they brought out something new that would be great, it's just that it would be the first time and possibly not a great performance, and it would be a pretty similar set regardless. I'd like to see an altered set with a throwback, maybe another addition to BIO

Mike: "@lplive Ha! Our setlist is a complicated matter. Let's just say that I'm personally willing to play any song, and play a longer set."

Looks like Shinoda is the one being held back with the sets. Makes me wonder why the band does the sets the way they do. I know he wants to play singles but I bet he'd play some other shit too. Chester is most likely the reason why they don't play longer. Preserve his voice, that's fine...the set length to me is perfectly fine if they want Chester to be fine to tour/sing for years to come.

But maybe management really is telling them what to play? Or the rest of the band doesn't want to play many non singles? I wonder what it is.

And with his comments about the LIVING THINGS songs (like "not possible with the current setup"), I bet we see 1+ (maybe 2) of these songs next tour. SKIN TO BONE or POWERLESS specifically. I think he is really interested in playing them and will try to make it happen, even with the new songs. We will see.

And with his comments about the LIVING THINGS songs (like "not possible with the current setup"), I bet we see 1+ (maybe 2) of these songs next tour. SKIN TO BONE or POWERLESS specifically. I think he is really interested in playing them and will try to make it happen, even with the new songs. We will see.

Big things in 2014 :P

It's nice that mike is replying to LPL questiions

does he follows the LPL account? you should try to do an interview with him, or just 5 questions about what we care in the sets, that would be freaking awesome.

LPLive Presents: Setlist Talk with Mike Shinoda.

I think the label may honestly push them to play as many hit ''singles'' in the set as possible. Like Mark said, the set length is 100% OK with me and is reasonable considering we want Chester's voice to be protected. I honestly can't see anyone in the band complaining about the band playing older songs (except maybe Brad) or new songs from LT that haven't been played yet. I think even Brad would want to play some of those. Which leads me to believe that possibly someone at the label or management is having some sort of control. Maybe the same people who control the DSP's and how they stopped selling them and the band didn't even know? Idk.

I asked the question a while ago about how much of the set is a band decision, when Joe wanted to play W&K but said he doesn't control those things. Then there was the LPTV episode where Mike asked if it was ok to drop the Medley for OSC.

I wonder if they got in any hot water over dropping ITE last minute a while back?

Also has Brad ever actually said he doesn't like the older material anymore? (Or doesn't want to play it as much)

- Joe honestly probably doesn't have a say in what they play. I read somewhere on this site that someone said LP has become 'pop stars', especially Mike and Chester, that they are the center of all the attention. I feel like the other LP band members have no say a lot of the time. Nobody can know for sure except the band.

- That LPTV caught me off guard as well. I was like, ''wtf, why would Mike ask what they can and can't drop''? And then Brad says ''well that's the single, we have to play that one''. No, you don't HAVE to play anything. I like COG live a lot, I'm just saying, that's probably the attitude towards all the singles LP has.

- I don't think Brad has ever said he doesn't like the old material. He definitely seems to have taken a liking to the MTM, ATS and LT music, though. He acts like that in tons of interviews and stuff. He also seems VERY uninterested in playing old songs live, which was also brought on on this site before.